All reviews honesty bar the owner large garden home made lake bled ten minute walk free bikes wealth of knowledge slovenian food home cooked comfortable rooms perfect place to stay home away from home excellent breakfast wonderful stay yogurt vintgar gorge
Selected filters
Reviewed January 1, 2019 via mobile

Alp Penzion Bled is a stop you should consider. Situated near lake Bled, it's a 10 minute walk from the center on crisp fresh air along a road with a lovely view.

My fiancee and I booked a double standard room for 3 nights in December, including New Year's Eve. We didn't make any special requests, but we got lucky and got a room with an amazing view of the garden and Julian Alps.

The room itself is very comfortable, clean and felt like home, with all the necessary additions - as stated during booking. The bed was especially comfortable.

The picturesque view on the photo is from a parking lot of the property. Alp Penzion is a lovely, quiet family-run property. The staff was very professional, friendly and pleasant, you just feel welcomed!

Since it was the festive season, dinners were offered for affordable prices during festivities. Home-cooked local food with love and care, just like my mother makes it. All the guests got a little sweet present, and homemade snaps/liqueurs to try. Highly recommend.

Breakfast was really something special. I mean where else are you going to find piglet-shaped sweet dough bread filled with a plethora of dry fruits?!

The amenities are something to remember. Great Thai massage, varieties of saunas, whirpool and relaxation area. We highly recommend you book one of the packages for couples, it's worth every penny and more. We left feeling reborn.

All in all, if you are a fan of picturesque landscape, home-cooked meals and cozy Alpine feel, you should deffinetly experience the atmosphere of Alp penzion and Wellness Essense yourself.

As Arnie says... we will be back!

Date of stay: January 2019
1  Thank Martina P
Reviewed December 3, 2018 via mobile

What a lovely place, where do I start? Delightful setting, amongst the fields just 7min walk from Bled centre. Quiet nights sleep assured. We had room 4 overlooking the garden and the moutains and slept like logs! Great, varied breakfast to start the day with many items home-cooked with love and attention. Free bikes to get around more easily and, like the honesty bar in the garden, you take them on trust. Frankly, how many places these days « trust » clients to say they took a drink or to bring back a bike? I think such an approach is wonderfully refreshing. And oh what lovely dinners... some nights you can have typical food evenings and I highly recommend these. The dishes are prepared with such care, attention, pride and a desire to let you discover local/traditional recipes : go to at least one dinner and I promise you won’t be disappointed. Superb wines too. Mateja, her mother and daughter not only run and excellent pension with spotless and comfortable rooms, they will also help you learn about Slovenian food and traditions. They offer so much more than a place to stay. In S-love-nia there is love, and here you will find it in every detail. It was such a pleasure to stay somewhere where people enjoy their work and CARE about their guests. Thank you for a wonderful holiday!

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed November 24, 2018 via mobile

We visited Lake Bled twice this year, first in May me and my husband than with my family in September. We stayed in this wonderful quiet gem with friendly and helpful hosts. Nothing to say about the breakfast all made with love and the lovely bar b que we had with that wonderful cake. Looking forward for another vacation in winter and again staying at alp penzion. Regards from Malta to Mateja and her mum.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 19, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful view, perfect tranquility, nice and very clean room, and very gentle staff.
We didn't expect such a good place to have 2 days rest after a dreadfull experience in Italy.
Tea and coffee facilities in the room, everything you need is in the bathroom, and a nice, warm wood decoration inside room.
The staff is just so friendly that you feel at home.
It is like a 5 star hotel in a rustic countryside.
I strongly recommend the Alp Pension for staying in Bled Lake.

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed August 29, 2018

This is a lovely friendly place to stay. It is on the outskirts of Bled town in country but only 10mins walk on lighted road to the shops etc. The owner Mateja is a wealth of knowledge and is a lovely host. In fact all the staff are very friendly and dedicated to making your stay a good one. The breakfasts offer a great selection and it is lovely to eat on the terrace. The hotel is kept very clean and the rooms are quaint, well appointed and a reasonable size. We had a balcony overlooking the garden which was very pleasant as you could see the countryside and mountains without any obstructions.Whilst restaurant facilities are not available they do supply at an added fixed cost buffets on 2 or 3 nights a week and I can recommend the quality and selection of food available at a reasonable price. There is also an honesty bar which was very welcome and again well priced. Plenty of parking and thoroughly recommended and I would not hesitate in recommending or staying again.

Room tip: I recommend getting a room with a balcony
Date of stay: August 2018