“Best place I've stayed in the world”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Reka Hisa

Reka Hisa
Ranked #11 of 62 Bled B&B and Inns
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Best place I've stayed in the world”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2010

This was my second stay at Reka Hisa and my girl friend and I will be returning whenever we can. Clive and Myrna really make this a home away from home and took care of us. They both offer endless amounts of help on making your holiday the best you've ever had. They can offer very reasonably priced tame/extreme sports for all levels of exhillarating fun. Activiteis include cycling, canoeing, canyoning and white water rafting. I have tried many of them and and all were memorable and not just because of the adrenaline rush but because this country is so beautiful that I can see no better way of exploring the scenery than by canoe/kayak.

The accomodation deserves 5 stars its spotlessly clean and has beautiful views down a river. Night time is quiet (there are only 4 rooms and and family room) and you can only hear the river, if you leave you window open. Sleeping will never be a problem here, as you'll be too tired from all the fresh air and activities. Dinner time is very special. When I first heard you all sit around the same table to eat each night I wasn't sure if I would like that as both myself and my partner are fairly shy. I was wrong as the atomosphere Clive, Myrna and Patrick (their huge friendly great dane) makes it a great way to end the day and share tips and tell each other about what you did during the day. Clives cooking is amazing, i'm pretty fussy, and I loved it all. The meals were beyond english resturant standard.

I hired a car this time, but you really dont need to as clive will pick you up from the airport/ train stain and if you do any of the activities you get picked up from the house. The main tourist hubs, lake Bled and Bohinj are also on a bus route which stops 5 mins walk from the house. If you've been to Slovenia before like me then I would recommend hiring a car as there excellent road systems means that you can get anywhere in Slovenia pretty much in under 3 hours. Recommended day trips are to the coast (Piran) 2hours, Skojan caves 1.5 hours; Bovec over the vnic mountain pass 2 hours and 5 more to stop to take pictures.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2010

I stayed in Reka Hisa in for the third time in the summer, A few years back, I stayed there in the heart of winter during the ski season and again during the autumn. I'm glad to say I feel very fortunate to have experienced the Julian Alps during the summer as it looks so different and as always beautiful and peaceful.

I would definitely recommend staying at Reka Hisa. Nothing compares to waking up in the morning, looking out of the window and enjoying the magnificent views of the river. You won't get this view if you stay in busy Bled. It is indeed a peaceful environment.

The owners Clive and Myrna give commendable personalised service, making your stay comfortable and giving you hints and tips about exploring the area and activities to do such as kayaking and canyoning. They go that extra mile to help out their guests. Clive is a fabulous cook, dishing out different three course dinners every evening.

Rooms are simple, yet comfortable and may I add impeccably cleaned. There's also an outdoor seating area where you can unwind after a days' exploring. If you haven't got a car to explore the area, you can get the local bus which comes at regular intervals to Bled, Bohinj or Ljubljana. I really enjoyed going around Lake Bohinj as it was less touristy than Lake Bled.

Similarly stated in previous reviews, this is definitely a home away from home and would recommend going there in winter too to try out the skiing. It's cheaper than France and Austria. Considering it's location to the ski fields and the size of the B&B (can actually house up to 12-14 guests), I recommend to get a group of friends together for a ski trip.

Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Augsburg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2010

i stayed there for 3 days and in those 3 days i witnessed true beauty. Slovenia is such a beautiful country, i mean all you have to do is look at the backyard of Reka Hisa to see it. Not only was the back drop beautiful but so was the food and company. Clive and Myrna are two of the most friendly people you'll ever meet. Always giving insightful knowledge into the country they adopted as their own and always willing to lend a hand. And Patrick the great dane is such a gentle giant, he always kept me entertained.
The food was amazing, i had what i can only describe as 3 course gourmet food and delicious Philippine delicacies.
In the room the floor creaked a little but other then that it was great, the bathroom was more than adequate. And you can tell they keep a high level cleanliness when it comes to the bathroom and rooms.
Overall i think that Reka Hisa is a great place and i would definitely go back again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2010

We decided to take a trip to Slovenia for a some biking, trekking etc. I'd read it can be wet in May, but for 5 days out of 7 it didn't stop.... At the end of each day we were soaked through to the skin. The landscapes and scenery were phenomenal around the Triglav National Park, and outside of it too. The place is dotted with alpine meadows surrounded by woodland, little wooden huts here and there, it truly is beautiful.... Even in torrential rain, so that's saying something.
We stayed just outside Bled (8km) at Reka Hisa, a small cabin lodge with adjoining rooms, over looking the fantastic river. The rooms were small, clean and ample. The beds were ok, not the comfiest in the world, but not the worst either. Our hosts Clive and Myrna took very good care of us, hanging our sodden clothes in their boiler room each evening to dry them out, in preparation for them getting soaked wet through again the next day! Clive was up early to make breakfast when you wanted it, which started with a choice of two cereals, then was followed by bread and eggs cooked differently each morning. Clive will also drop you off at destinations of your choice, you just need to cover his petrol. The evening meal was a 3 course affair, very nice indeed. Clive will cook to your tastes, but as Amanda and I love most foods he stuck to native mountain dishes most of the time, the food was delicious. Clive obviously cares about his food, this showed in the flavour and presentation.
If you are not a dog lover, or indeed are fearful of dogs (as my wife is) this may not be the place for you. Clive and Myrna own an absolutely massive Great Dane called Patrick. He is a gentle natured, harmless beast, although his presence cannot be ignored.... He truly is massive. According to Clive & Myrna he absolutely loves kids (although can only eat 3 in a sitting!!! Ha ha) and they love him.
If you want to drink your own alcohol (bottles of beer are about 70 cents in the super markets) you must not bring them into the main house, this must be enjoyed in your room. Clive sells beer at 2 Euros a bottle, which won't break the bank whilst being knocked back with dinner.
Reka Hisa has a bus stop, 6 to 7 minute walk up the road, these run every hour into Bled and back again. This area is remarkably peaceful.... an absolute gem, with everything around you to have a go at. Canyoning, Kayaking, White Water Rafting and my personal favourite, fishing! Moutain biking on the trails is tremendous too.
We will be back to Slovenia without a doubt.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
the netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2010

My husband and I had a trip booked for Brazil!! however with the ash cloud looming, no one would fly us there! So we cancelled the trip and drove from Holland to Slovenia instead. I am so glad we did. We were recommended Reka Hisa by a local from Bled. It didnt dissapoint! the view from the house, nestled along the river, makes an excellent start to the day! Clive and Myrna are welcoming hosts, and we fell in love with their miniature horse (great dane) Patrick. Clive and Myrna have great ideas for sighseeing, so many infact that we extended our stay an extra day so we could fit all the things in. The afternoon meal was a hearty serve. Clive and Myrna are obviously in touch with their guests, as during the first meal, my husband made a few comments about being a great lover of meat and potatoes. Low and behold, the meal the following day was an enormous serve of different kinds of meats and pan fried potatoes! My husband was in heaven!
In short, we had a great stay!! we would go back again (we are thinking of a ski trip this coming january??) so we would confidently recommend Reka Hisa if you are in Slovenia!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Northants
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2010

This was the second time my boyfriend and I have stayed at Reka Hisa; the first being a summer activity break the year before. We enjoyed it so much, we returned for a short snowboarding trip.
Clive & Myrna are wonderful hosts looking after your every need. Lovely rooms and the food they prepare for you is homely, filling and delicious. They have a wealth of information about where to visit and will help you plan where to go and how to get there. They tailored our trip for us so we could Snowboard the resorts of our choice.
Their location is ideal for catching the bus to either Bled or Bohinj for walking, sightseeing or just hanging out by the river.
I highly recommend a visit.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
gemholidays
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2010

My partner and i wanted a different sort of holiday this year so decided to try ski-ing.... and am very glad we did! The personal service we received at REKA HISA was fantastic!! We were very well looked after, the food was amazing and it was by far the most relaxing holiday we have ever had. Everything was arranged for us, we were even driven back and forth to the slopes so we could just sit back and enjoy it all.
The scenery is out of this world ,the guesthouse was lovely and waking up every morning to the sound of the lake outside was just amazingly beautiful! i have never taken So many photos ! My partner and i are so hooked we have already booked to go back in 5 weeks time!! We wasn't made to feel like guests, we were made to feel like friends and we cant wait !!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple