Best Western Premier Hotel Lovec
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Penzion Berc(Bled)
View Hotel
All reviewstomaz kosirlake viewparking lot viewjacuzzi bathgrill restaurantthai spapillow menufree parkingswimming poolbreakfast staffdecent hotelexcellent breakfastnice roomtwo nightsnice staythird floormini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I experienced two rooms in my four nights at this lovely hotel. My original booking specified 'lake view', but since I was on a lower floor, my view was mostly of the shopping center with just a lake 'peek' above it. Since the pub was beneath my room, it was a bit noisy late at night and the hotel kindly switched my room and lowered the price. The staff was outstanding in every way, friendly and more than willing to help with any request. The room was scrupulously clean and the bed very comfortable. The breakfast buffet was amazing and could accommodate ANY taste or diet. The home made jams were a standout. The pool is large and lovely with a cool down pool for those who've been in the sauna. It was only slightly warmer than the pool which would disappoint someone looking for a legitimate 'hot tub'. Towels and dressing rooms are provided. The Thai Spa facial and massage were average. I would happily return to this property.

Room Tip: For a lake view, choose one of the higher floors.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Jocelyn S
Reviewed May 25, 2013

very competent and friendly reception staff; nice room in good size and all amenities; fantastic thai massage spa; good breakfast selection; useful conference room; nice attached restaurant; obviously great pool, sauna etc (but i did not have time to use it); good location clos to lake and other restaurants, pubs etc.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Wulfing
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Now, don't get me wrong, this is certainly not a bad hotel and I would probably stay here again, but remember--this is supposed to be four stars and marketed as PREMIER within the Best Western chain. I'll just give you the bullet-points:

pros:
- great location
- very good breakfast with local food
- good bed, pillows and linen
- nice view, if you are lucky and get a room in high floor and on the side towards the lake

cons:
- the rooms are tiny
- the floors are wooden, so you can hear your neighbors moving chairs and walking
- my bathroom smelled a little funny one day
- the beer pub, supposedly serving many local small brews, was closed

Room Tip: Get a room in higher floor, facing the lake
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MichalOnTheRoad
Natasa K, General Manager at Best Western Premier Hotel Lovec, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear Mr Michal Taborsky,

Thank you for staying with us, it is very nice to hear that you would choose our hotel again if returning to Bled.

Please allow me to respond to your bullet points. Yes, the rooms facing the lake are smaller in size, but they all have floor to ceiling glass windows that open up to spacious balconies. You can also book rooms facing the park, which are all bigger in size.

We have considered exchanging the wooden flooring for carpeting, which would partially damp the sounds. But we have made a survey among our guests last year, and a majority (87% !) prefer natural wooden floors to carpeting, the main reasons being hygiene, allergies and ambience.

You have probably noticed that on warm evenings hotel guests sit outside on the terrace. That is why we sometimes do not open the pub counter inside, since there are no guests wanting to sit inside. But all drinks from the Pub are available on the terrace, every day without exceptions.

We hope to welcome you again at Best Western Premier Hotel Lovec in Bled.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stayed five nights in this hotel. It is a well kept medium size hotel in a modern style, including an attractive terrace, an additional grill restaurant, swimming pool etc. The hotel is only minutes away from the lake.
The room was well proportioned, with wood panelling in a modern style, clean and including a balcony with lake view, not very large but offering sufficient room and extra's like a pillow program and a hospitality set.
The staff was effective, friendly and attentive and I was stimulated to attend an introduction on the highlights of Slovenia which was organized for the benefit of the guests. I suggest everybody to attend this presentation by the enthousiastic staff member Tomaz Kosir.

4  Thank Han L
Aljoša Š, Director of Sales at Best Western Premier Hotel Lovec, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your stay at our hotel and for this fine contribution. We are very pleased to have made a good impression and that our effort to provide superior service is recognized. Thank you for communicating the advantages of staying at Hotel Lovec. We hope to be able to host you again at your return to Bled.

Respectfully,
Aljosa Straus, Sales Manager

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Fabulous stay in the Hotel Lovec, extremely nice rooms and even a pillow menu with a range of pillows to choose from (I just made do with the ones that we on my bed!) Breakfast ample with a great choice. There is a coffee making kit tucked away in a cupboard so you might miss it unless you specifically look for it, but fortunately I found it and was able to enjoy a nice cup of coffee while sitting on the terrace looking over at Bled Castle, an amazing view. Overall good facilities and great service, very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Aljoša Š, Director of Sales at Best Western Premier Hotel Lovec, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Dear Madam,

I would like to express our gratitude for the kind words you have dedicated us and thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. Special thanks for pointing out particular amenities and features for the convenience of our future guests, among whom we hope to host you as well.

Respectfully,