“Spectacular” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vintgar Gorge (Soteska Vintgar)

Vintgar Gorge (Soteska Vintgar)
Book In Advance
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Spectacular”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Wow what a walk through the Gorge so exciting .Sometime walking along the side the suddenly across a bridge with the water roaring underneath.

• Arabic first
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“beautiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

lovely walk on boardwalk water was so clear, stunno scenery.
good bus ride from bled then a great walk bak through meadows with wild flowers

1 Thank Stephen E
New York City, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

The most beautiful hiking trail ever!!! I can't say enough about how amazing this place is... When I saw photos of this place, I did have high expectations, but WOW it definitely surpassed my expectation by far. The color of the water, the enormous rocks and it's trail along side of it just blew my mind. I'm not much of a hiker, but this place have changed my mind about hiking. All I can say is that you have to go in person and experience it yourself. I would go back in a heartbeat and do this hike everyday. So beautiful~

Visited May 2013
1 Thank triptty
Westfield, New Jersey
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Fantastic Walk. Felt Like I Was in a Movie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

The Vintgar Gorge was probably the single best activity of our trip to Slovenia. Even in the rain, the gorge is worth a visit... actually, all the water from the rain probably made it even better.

What makes the Vintgar Gorge so much fun is the combination of beautiful scenery (narrow gorge with really high walls) and the boardwalk the hugs the gorge walls and crosses the river countless times. Multiple times on the walk I commented to my wife that it felt like we were in an adventure movie, with the narrow walls and rushing river below our feet.

When you go to the gorge, note there are TWO waterfalls at the end of the trail. The first cascade is a bit engineered, but still impressive. The second one has a bridge that goes over the edge and is a lot more wild. I recommend climbing down the stairs to the right and seeing the falls from the bottom - WAY impressive.

Definitely a good day and worth the unexpectedly large entrance fee.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Traveling4BiznFun
Gedera, HaMerkaz, Israel
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

A short and easy route that anyone can do, revealing breathtaking views - streams, waterfalls, and rainbows :) We ate breakfast (we had brought with us) on a picnic table overlooking the river - highly recommended. Do not Miss

1 Thank MayZAAAA