“Bare minimum”

Garni Hotel Jadran - Sava Hotels & Resorts
Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Bled
Reviewed July 15, 2010

I picked this hotel as from the photos it looked stunning from the outside. Ivy growing up balconys, it looked an older hotel with more history than some of the new build hotels. We were right to think this. The room was very basic and dissapointing to look at. However the bed was the most comfortable I stayed in all holiday. Breakfast was disappointing too, coffee thick and bitter.
I would not recomend this hotel although we did not complain to management.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 13, 2010

After a long day hiking and driving, I was lucky to call the hotel at 6pm and get a very cheap single room. The manager Luka is SUPER friendly which reminded me of the best Irish B&Bs I had stayed at. When I asked him where I could rent hiking boots, he actually lent me his boots for the day! After sleeping on a horrible mattress in Lubljana, the comfortable bed here was very much appreciated. If I ever get back to Lake Bled, I will absolutely stay at this very nice friendly hotel!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed February 15, 2010

We checked in for Valentines day weekend in 2010. The Hotel was actually closed but they had opened it for the night for a large group of Italian tourists. So we were lucky cause they also gave us a lake view room for the price of a standard room. (we payed 85Euros).
The room we stayed in was 133 right next to the famous noisy elevator but to our surprise we didn't hear anything from the elevator at all! I don't know what the other reviewers were refering to. I even called the elevator to see if it was working and it was completely silent. Ok anyway, the room itself was clean and had been newly renovated. The bathroom still had old tiling from what I think was the1960's but I quite liked it. The shower curtain however was crying out to be replaced. The view was stunning and the balcony quite a good size for 2. I would have liked to be higher though so as not to hear or see so much of the traffic from the road but when the window is closed all was good.
The breakfast was good and the staff friendly enough. The fact that we could access the spa from the hotel Toplice next door really a treat as we spend most of our time being pampered and massaged by the very friendly staff there, while taking in the breathtaking view through the enormous window walls. The ski field is also literally next door to the hotel so really great for skiers and snowboarders. Lake bled was almost completely frozen so, not quite as beautiful as the winter pictures we had seen. All in all we had a great relaxing escape and would defiately come to the hotel again. Although without a lake view you might as we get go to a real B+B and save a little more.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2010

I would like to thank Luka and the team at Garni Hotel in Bled for their magnificent service and wonderful experience. I was a bit concerned that I had high expectations before going especially after reviewing the high ratings on TripAdvisor however the reviews were right and this hotel deserves 5 stars for its excellent service and home-feel atmosphere.

The breakfast, cleanliness and hospitality were SUPERB!!! The eye for detail to ensure customer satisfaction was excellent. The hotel has free WIFI, and if you are not carrying your laptop or PDA, a computer is available to use at any time of the day in the common area. Moreover Luka is extremely helpful and should you need an opinion on where to go, shopping, skiing or which restaurants are the best, he truly knows what he is saying.

I will surely return to this hotel and Slovenia and I will recommend it to all my friends :)

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2009

We stayed at Hotel Garni in Lake Bled for 4 nights in September 2009. The hotel was initially a little hard to find but well worth the effort. The establishment is very clean and its staff is friendly and professional. Excellent light breakfast and helpful on visits etc. We found the local company called Amigo to be excellent for day tours and services. White-water rafting and adventure are a specialty with them. There is plenty to do in Slovenia. It’s a place on the move. English is well spoken and people are really helpful. We didn’t mind only spending a short time in Ljiubiana and were happy we had chosen to stay at Bled which is pretty close. There are some great walks and natural attractions and the countryside is pretty and interesting. We passed on the white-water rafting etc and cannoning but it looked really good. People are helpful and it’s a destination for young people or the young at heart.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2009

This hotel needs new investment the rooms are old fashioned but it was clean and the bathroom was well stocked with towels and soaps etc. The TV had only three channels.
If you get a room at the front of the hotel that would more than compensate for the TV.
The breakfast had a very good choice though the coffee was thick and horrible!
The reception staff were friendly and efficient.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank mostlybytrain
Reviewed May 27, 2009

I visited Hotel Jadran during the off-season when much of Bled is quiet, (no more ski season, yet not quite summer lake season). If you choose to come to Bled during the off-season, you will have the same awe-inspiring beauty, but also the solitude. Make sure you bring some good company as there is not much other excitement to be had.

Since Hotel Jadran's sister hotel is the Grand Hotel Toplice, we were able to access nearly all of their ammenities, (including the nicest continental breakfast I have ever had), yet we paid a much more affordable price for staying here. Although the decor is a bit dated, the hotel has comfortable beds, a large-enough bathroom, and a TV with plenty of Slovenian shows. There are also organized excursions if you choose to travel during winter or summer seasons. Parking was easy. Free wireless internet was available at a bar/ restaurant around the corner.

The hotel is right next to the Lake (not on it) and a very short walk to Bled's little downtown. I wish I had had more time to jog around the lake as it was one of the most beautiful sites I have ever had the opportunity to witness. I would absolutely visit again!

• Stayed: March 2009