Hotel Astoria Bled
$217
$155
$118
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe bustraining hotelbreakfast and dinnerwellness centrevia secret escapesanti stress massagelake bledtea and coffee facilitieshotel is modernhealth spaout of seasonpushed togetherbuffet stylestar servicewe stayed half boardstaff on receptionfew minutes walk
Reviewed February 9, 2014

In the middle of the small village of Bled, with a castle, few pubs and a lake there is nothing much to be done. Apart from waking up to the sounds of church bells ringing, admiring the view and enjoying good breakfast. After a walk around the lake, or a day of skiing in Vogel, an amazing spa with 4 different saunas and indoor/outdoor jacuzzi is just what one needs. A-la carte dinner made 1 of our 7 nights extra special! Nice relaxing stress-free stay, with many compliments to helpful staff!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mooglem
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I stayed with my girlfriend in Hotel Astoria for a week in February booking through Crystal ski and overall we were very satisfied with the hotel and our stay in Bled.

The rooms were very clean and spacious offering all we practically needed. The beds and pillows were new and always gave as a good nights sleep although it would be nice if there was a double bed instead of two austrian type beds stuck together making a double bed. Nonetheless when we complained to the reception about this they fixed it in a way and even gave us a complementary 'extra' visit to their welness center.

The restaurant was very good too. Breakfast offered a variety of choices and was all you could eat which was what we needed before going out on a day skiing. Dinner was also buffet and all you could eat and in most of the cases was pretty good. When they had the A la carte menu the food was top of the class.

Another great thing was the wellness park that had a range of different saunas, indoor and outdoor jakuzi (the outdoor was amazing) and nice relaxation aereas.

The stuff was very friendly and always did their best to provide a good service.

I recommend Astoria 100%.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I was in on Bled from 2nd of January 2014 to 5th of January 2014. Hotel has old and new rooms. Under the room I reserved (double bed room) were the pictures of a nicer room. They gave us (my wife, 2 year old child and me) the room that had old furniture. I protested and got a new room. Also, there are not double beds, but 2 beds put close to each other. But something unbelieveble happened: you have to reserve a table for a breakfast!!! I was in about 40 hotels and I did not see this anywhere. So we came to breakfast and there was 20 empty reserved tables and we did not have a table to eat. Finally hey put us by the kitchen door. People usualy eat, when finish they leave and someone else take a seat. But not in Astoria... The bedroom madraces are the worst I have ever seen, ultrasoft... We payed 215 Eur for 3 nights (breakfast included)... Best regards, Mario from Solin...

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Me and my sister spent 2 nights in the hotel at the end of a tour of Croatia and Slovenia. It was situated very close to the shops, lake and bus stop. The staff were friendly and most helpful. Breakfasts were excellent. We could walk to the lake and castle and even to the Vintgar gorge!

Room Tip: we had a room with a view of the Castle and we had a balcony where we could sit and relax at the end of the day
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Dadavs_11
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Me and my girlfriend just got back from our stay at Astoria Hotel in Bled. We really enjoyed every minute of it. Hotel opened a couple of months ago after full refurbishment. The rooms are a little small, but very clean and modern. Every room is equipped with free Wi-Fi and flat screen TV with more then 100 channels. Hotel is situated a short walk from lake Bled (about 5 minutes).
We stayed on halfboard. Breakfast was very good with a lot to choose from. Although choice for dinner wasn't that big, all the food was well pripared and very taisty. Staff was very kind and helpfull our entire stay. Things you must do, when you visit Bled: try cream cake (kremna rezina), visit the castle and travel to island with traditional pletna boat.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple