“Perfect for Families with Kids”

Vila Cvetka Apartments
Ranked #4 of 85 Specialty Lodging in Bled
LizonMorton
“Perfect for Families with Kids”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stayed in the 2-bedroom cottage, which is just about perfect for families with kids. We found the place easily and were checked in and in the apartment within minutes. There's free parking, and it's a 5-minute walk to the center, lake, restaurants, and shops. The owner oriented us to the city and the area, and recommended a few restaurants. The cottage was clean and spacious, with two good-sized bedrooms upstairs and a comfortable living room and dining/kitchen downstairs. There's only a mini-fridge, so you can't keep a lot of food, but it's fine for a short stay.

The shower (no tub) was excellent with plenty of hot water, and the bathroom was stocked with plenty of towels and a hair dryer.

My complaints are minimal - There is no view of the mountains or lake, and that's 1/2 the reason to go to Bled. They only take cash (we knew in advance, so were prepared). And it is apartment lodging, so no breakfast or restaurant on the premises. We were told by both reviewers and the owner that the cottage has steep stairs, but it would be more appropriate to call it a ladder. We didn't even bring our luggage up since there was ample space for luggage downstairs. Despite those minor inconveniences, we will stay here again if we are Bled with our children in tow.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Vila Cvetka is a fantastic property- very well maintained, tastefully decorated, spacious, clean apartments with all the amenities one could possibly need. The location is really good- in a quiet part of town but within a few minutes from the lake and restaurants.
The owner, Janni, is helpful and accommodating, ready to give advice on whatever your problem might be.
We hope to be going back to Bled and this is definitely the place we will choose for our stay.
Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Talinka1
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is without a doubt one of the best apartments/hotels I have stayed at anywhere in the world. The apartment itself has everything you could possibly need and is very tastefully decorated, clean and well maintained. It's a few minutes walk to the lake and just 8-10 minutes away from the bus station, so very well located.

Janni (the owner) is incredibly helpful and knowledgeable about the area. Take his advice on the things to see and do in Bled! On our last day, we had to get to the railway station early in the morning. He kindly dropped us there himself (even though we had asked him about a cab) at 8am on a Sunday. To me that's something above and beyond what is required.

If I ever go back to Bled (and I hope to), I won't be staying anywhere else. I would recommend Vila Cvetka to anybody

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Rahul R
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Terrific location,lovely wellappointed apartment[I believe the cottage is even better].Very well informed and helpful owner.Highly recommended.It's just off the main road, a short walk from the bus station and an even shorter walk to the lake.Owner was kind enough to drop us early morning to the railway station[or else,he can organize a taxi at very reasonable rates].Vintgar gorge is better walked to,while hiring a car is easiest for Bohinj,Slapsavica and Mostnice[all in one day,cheap car rental at bus station].

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Metro Manila, Philippines
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Located 5 minutes walk from the lake. Well equipped with all a family needs including a washing machine and a dish washer and a perfect solution for a family with kids.
Warm welcome from the manager including detailed explanations about the area and the attractions around.

• Stayed September 2013
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Perfect location, few minits walk from the lake, wide and clean rooms, the kitchen is equipped & the host, mr. Yani was very nice & helpful. We enjoyed our time there, it was very convenient & we recommend it.

• Stayed September 2013
Prata di Pordenone, Italy
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Let me start by agreeing with all the other reviews, the owner is amazing. From the time we arrived to the time we left he went out of his way to make our stay enjoyable.
My wife and two young children initially arrived 3 hours before check in, the apartment was easy to find and located right in the city center. I called Jani just to verify that it was okay to park our car in the complex before we checked in. He apologized that he was not there (which was not necessary, as stated before we had arrived well before check in), he called his wife Anna who met us at the apartments 5 minutes later. She went ahead and checked us in 3 hours early, and made sure we knew plenty about the area.
We rented one of the cottages, it was amazing! Brand new, spotlessly clean, and perfect for a family of four. It was literally a 3 minute walk to the lake.
Later when Jani arrived back at the property, he made sure we did not need anything else. He then allowed my children to play with his children's toys. The next day he needed to mow the lawn behind our cottage, but he checked with me first to see if the kids were sleeping. I told them that they were, but it was no big deal. He refused to mow the lawn until the kids awoke. I also asked him about places to get a massage for my wife, instead of just giving me a recommendation he went ahead and booked one for her. My wife said the place he booked at was absolutely perfect.
The next day upon checkout he gave my children some bike helmets that his children had outgrown, I was shocked.
On our return drive home he called to inform us that we had left one of my wife's jackets and if we were too far to turn around he would be happy to mail it to us. Luckily we had some friends still in the area that retrieved the coat, but you could not ask for better service anywhere.
Me and my wife are sure to return to Bled, and we would not think of staying anywhere but at Apartments Vila Cvetka. We will be recommending them to everyone we know.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family