“A bit pricey, but decent food with spectacular view”
Review of Vila Preseren

Vila Preseren
Ranked #14 of 74 Restaurants in Bled
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2014

The prices here were a bit higher than we'd come to expect elsewhere in Slovenia, but that's not really surprising given the stunning location of the restaurant on the banks of Lake Bled - our outdoor table offered us an excellent view of the lake.

I chose the mixed grill, which consisted of a minced meat kebab, a spicy sausage, a piece of grilled chicken, and a big lump of ham. The ham was a bit too dry and salty for the size of the portion (a small piece would have been fine, with a larger portion of something else), but the rest was very nice. The meat was served with mustard and ajvar (red pepper and garlic) sauces, which complemented the meats nicely. I ordered the lepinja (bread) on the side, which was also very good.

My girlfriend can't remember what she ordered, but seemed to think she liked this restaurant.

The service was friendly, and really it's only the prices relative to the rest of Slovenia which prevent me from giving this place a perfect five stars.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

we were at this restaurant for lunch and had the crispy chicken and the meat sausage called Cevapcici. The waiter asked us if we wanted some sides with these dishes such as pommes frites or vegetables. We did not realise until we received the bill that these were charged as extras since the main dish was already about 12 euros each. If you add the sides that ranged from 4.30 euros to 4.80 euros, this meant that each meal was close to 18 to 20 euros. compared to what you pay elsewhere, this was expensive. I can't imagine that they normally serve these meals without any accompaniment except for a few lettuce leaves as decoration.

Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Currently sitting in their outdoor resturant with a fabulous view, but shame about the service. Worst ever. Took a long time to get served, got brushed off and told to wait twice, I almost got up and walked out. Male waiter super rude. The only TIP I'll leave would be to read this and smarten up the waiters service.

1  Thank Ginga40
Reviewed August 3, 2014

This is a wonderful site right on Lake Bled. It's a romantic spot for dinner or a very pretty spot for breakfast. The food good; a bit pricey. My wife and I have eaten here several times over the past ten years and the quality of the service has eroded to the point that we wouldn't go back. I don't tolerate waiters I have to chase down. There are many very good restaurants in and near Bled with excellent service. Pick one like the Vila Mangart for exemplary service and excellent food.

2  Thank Chief4490
Reviewed July 26, 2014

This is a wonderful pleasant place to relax, a beautiful Villa surrounded by trees and metres from the Lake itself. We stayed here for 2 nights above the restaurant so ate each night in the excellent restaurant, the food is top notch, so much variety to choose from, we enjoyed everything! the meals were enjoyed by our 10 year old son also. The main path around the Lake runs infront of the restaurant outside seating area so there is lots happening, we were lucky enough to have a live band playing under the large tree at the edge of the water, IBENANDANTI were great to listen to with their varied music covering Ireland/Russia/Romania/Italy/Hungary/France and Israel! if you want a really decent meal in a wonderful Lakeside Location go no further than Vila Prešeren! The Staff are Very Friendly and extremely Helpful.