Bledec Youth Hostel
$86
$204
$242
HotelsClick
All reviewslaundry servicethe staff was friendly and helpfulreception arearoom was cleanfree internettop floorbled castleminute walkradogorgelakesupermarket
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Had an enjoyable stay in Bled with my family. Hostel is just a short walk away from the lake and a pathway to the castle is near its parking area. Used this place as our base for our 7 days stay. Room was fine, with TV and bathroom / shower ( no place to hang towels). Computer in reception area can be used for free and WiFi up to second floor. The self service breakfast is decent. The staff was friendly and helpful. Over all will recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

As a solo traveler, I like to meet people at hostels but I did not find Bledec Youth Hostel to be one were this was possible. Many of the guests there were young teenagers on a school trip and there wasn’t a big common room to socialize in. Also, there was no self-service kitchen, so if you wanted food at the hostel, it had to be from the run kitchen.

When I checked in, there was a problem with my room so I couldn’t go up to my room. I also couldn’t leave my bag in a safe place, either when checking in or checking out. The bag was just left in the small common room where anybody could access it. Room issue was sorted out eventually but the staff were not particularly forthcoming with information, nor friendly. The staff had an issue that I did not want to leave my passport with them for several hours whilst I went out and they checked me in. I will never leave my passport unattended at a hostel – especially at one that treated security in such a lax fashion!

Location was fine but there was quite a bit of noise both in the evening and in the morning with kids on motorbikes in the car park.

Room was fine, with a good bathroom and a comfortable bed. Overall, it was ok, but I have had much better hostels at a much cheaper price.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jen R
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Bledec Youth Hostel is perfect for youngsters and bigger groups. The rooms can be used with 8 people, I stayed in a 5 person room with three people so we had a lot of space, bathroom was clean, shower a bit claustrophobic, and they had great staff who are happy to show you to a nice restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank DanielleHeynen
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I liked this place. Friendly, the rooms were nice (for a hostel) and right next to a walking path up to the castle.

Its a little out of the centre of town and up a bit of a hill (but its not that bad!). Probably takes 5 minutes walk to get to the lake but more like 10-15 to get to the centre of the town.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Waddler
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed here for two nights as a family of four in August 2012 and it was fantastic! The location is great and the staff is really helpful and just so wonderful. We loved our room and the great view from our window toward the Julian Alps. You can easily walk to anything in Bled and the path from the hostel to the castle was a neat bonus. We had a room with three singles and one set of bunks which was plenty of room for us. The rooms have tons of great built in storage that came in really handy. Maybe my favorite part was the awesome breakfast of ham, cheese, breads, cereal and really fantastic coffee! I had been a little concerned that this place might be more geared toward partying 20 somethings, but there were several other families here. My kids had a great time here and it was the highlight of our trip through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia. Can't say enough great stuff about this place!! Only wish we'd stayed longer!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family