“Loved Glamping!”
Review of Camp Bled

Camp Bled
Ranked #4 of 93 Specialty Lodging in Bled
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Camp Bled is in a good location on the opposite side of the lake from the actual town of Bled. It is near the water and some good hiking trails. It is also a short walk from the Bled Jezero train station, which is how my wife and I arrived. We booked one of their Glamping huts well in advance and we're glad we did because we loved it! It's a new experience and is well worth it.

Room Tip: Get the private bathroom if you "glamp." It's a few EU more but it is very nice and is...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 2, 2013

This place is so lovely. It is in the best location. Hiking path, row boats, running and bicycle trails, kid zone, just everything you need in a perfect location.
I was very happy from the moment I arrived. I was greeted with such great courtesy. After a long HH from Italy the kindness was much needed. It was a bit unfortunate that internet did not work unless you stood outside the office, yet.. I had a lot of calm and placement during my stay and internet wasn't needed. Once you arrive in Camp Bled everything you need is within walking distance, not to mention the people that it attracts- many locals with beautiful souls to share conversation with. Their restraunt is very nice and fairly priced, very good food. Also mini market. There was one night with very obscene behavior from 2 backpackers who wandered in, and many complaints were made, but staff did not intervene because of pouring rain, apparently, that was a slight disappointment. Regardless, I felt safe and happy and stayed days extra to enjoy my time. I stayed in my tent. There were also lovely tent houses that I was welcomed into one and can vouch for. Also cabins were available. The rates are really good. Again, everything is best!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Re-visited Camp Bled exactly one year on this July. Still a great great location, BUT... overcrowded, noisy, rather small pitches, and most importantly : THERE IS STILL NO HOT WATER in the showers in the evenings. More than that - our ablution block was downright dirty. I guess one just have to avoid the summer peak season here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BwanaSpots
SavaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Camp Bled, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for your follow-up visit of Camping Bled. I agree with you that the summer season is very busy this year therefore we have many guests. We did some further improvements about our animation program which partly follows our cultural heritage; we also encourage local farmers to present local products within the farmers market. Further, we still develop our services at the lake beach. Therefore I firmly believe that we offer a very comfortable stay to our guests even though the occupancy is high.

I would like to apologize for not having enough hot water. We invested in additional capacity of hot water before this season but obviously there still are moments when the consumption is higher that capacity. We will therefore pay even more attention to this issue also in future.
Dear guest, I wish that we will be able to welcome you again and remain
Sincerely yours,

SAVA HOTELS BLED
Fedja Pobegajlo, executive director

Reviewed August 14, 2013

A lovely campsite for both couples with tents, caravans and mobile homes. Fantastic facilities and lots to do. A great location surrounded by walks in the hills and cycle paths. A lovely beach with a fantastic atmosphere- great views towards the island.
I loved this place and want to go back!
My only recommendation to the campsite would be for them to improve the shop. Often basics such as candles and spare tent pegs were out of stock.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gemmagrdn
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Facilities overstretched at times and it seemed like any number of tents also allowed to squeeze in wherever they liked. No evidence of security patrolling the site and often noisy at night when youth groups staying. Having said that, very helpful staff, great location and good value restaurant on site. Good walks from the site and level walk/cycle path all round the lake.

Room Tip: Try and get a shaded pitch, lower part of site has less stretched facilities and no wifi in middle o...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bowmatt
SavaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Camp Bled, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear guest,

May I first thank you for choosing our Camping Bled for your stay. Thank you also for your review.
I am very pleased that you liked the staff, location with walking and cycling paths, restaurant…
As the camping site is very popular (it is located directly at the lake shore) it can be pretty busy in the main season – especially if the weather is nice. But still, our staff tries to enable guests a comfortable stay.

I am sorry if your stay hasn't quite met your expectations due to many visitors but still hope to be able to welcome you again; I am convinced that described advantages outweigh full occupancy of the site.
Sincerely yours,

SAVA HOTELS BLED
Fedja Pobegajlo, executive director

Reviewed August 9, 2013

This was a very lively campsite and we were sorry we didn't have our grandaughter with us as it had everything a child could want trampolines, bikes, swimming in the lake, hundreds of other kids... It is in a beautiful spot and the views are stunning. It is walkable and cyclable to the main town but has a shop on site and some nice restaurants. We went in July and managed to find a spot for our small tent and motorbike but it was very full; peaceful camping it is not. If you hire a push bike don't dare your other half to ride down ten concrete steps in the town. It's not big or clever to see a 40+ male go head first over a push bike and finish in a heap at the bottom...funny though.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Terence M
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The location is what really makes Camp Bled incredible. Lake Bled is stunning - and actually smaller than I expected! At Camp Bled you're the opposite end to the main town, but that was walkable (about a 45mins or so) and we cycled and drove around the area. It is so peaceful this end, the glamping huts are slightly separate from the main camp site with lovely views of the forest. We didn't hire the bathroom facilities as the site toilet/showers were very near and extremely clean and quiet, but those that did get the private bathroom remarked it was great to have. The huts are a lovely novelty, we had two nights there and that was enough, as I did feel the lack of space in the hut, even though the storage was excellently designed. The space outside the hut is lovely, and we also rented the hot tub. I wouldn't recommend this in warm weather, as it was a bit too hot! We found it difficult to get the temperature right both days, which was time consuming, so make sure you get clear instructions from the staff - we felt a little neglected on that front. But at night, when we'd go the temperature sorted, it was lovely.

Definitely visit this site, and row over to the island on Lake Bled too! It's the perfect place to totally relax.

Room Tip: If you're renting the hot tub, get clear instructions from staff on it's upkeep.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple