“Just average”

Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Bled
Croatia
“Just average”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Hotel is located right on the lake bank. If you get a room with the view it will be very nice.
Not very impressive building.
There is also nothing impressive about lobby, room, restaurant.
Everything is too basic and average. Some things (for example mattress, balcony) a little shabby, food maybe a little above average,
So, if you are looking for OK hotel, where nothing is really missing but you don`t get anything extra, this is a place for you.

Room Tip: Get the one view the lake view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SavaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Park Hotel Bled, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your stay at the Hotel Park in Lake Bled. I would further like to thank you for your review.

I am pleased that you liked the hotel's location, views and food.
Secondly, I am aware of the fact that a certain part of hotel hasn't been refurbished for some time. I am therefore glad to inform you that we are changing TVs in all rooms, and that we will refurbish quite a few rooms by the end of this year. We are also planning a reconstruction of hotel's facade.

Dear guest, I hope that you decide to visit us again as I am convinced that your possible next visit will be more comfortable due to the stated investments.
Sincerely yours,

Fedja Pobegajlo, executive director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
nice
Reviewed October 18, 2013

This hotel is designed to accomodate large groups of tourists and not adequate for individuals. From outside the hotel facade is really not nice (70's type of old fashion wood looking). The family rooms are actually twin rooms communicating together, this was convenient and ok for us.
The view on the lake is nice and there is a free access to the pool center in a other hotel that is actually very nice for the kids, we enjoyed it a lot.
Efficient service with good advises.
TV did not work (but not needed in August !)
By all means dont even think to go to the restaurant, this is just awful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at our Hotel Park.

I am glad to find out that you liked the rooms, pools, views and specially service. I wish to apologize about the TV and the restaurant. We will pay even more attention to the stated issues.
As far as the hotel's facade is concerned, I am pleased to inform you that we are planning to refurbish it as soon as possible. Further, we will renovate part of hotel's rooms even this year.
I am therefore convinced that our guests will have comfortable stay in future.
Best regards from Lake Bled,

Port Pirie, Australia
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Recently my partner and myself stayed 2 nights in this hotel and found it to be quite suitable. The staff was friendly , the breakfast good. We did feel the need for air conditioning in our rooms as we felt we couldn't leave the balcony door open all night. The hotel is virtually on the edge of the lake with great views of the island and the church on top of the hill overlooking the lake. We would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights, the feeling was that it was a big mistake, but after further research among local hotels we found that it is probably the best version of the Bled's hotels. Rooms are extremely outdated with old furniture, the whole hotel needs a face lift.
Bled itself is amazingly gorgeous place.
Warnings for travelers:
Do not stay in this hotel Friday and Saturday night in Spring/Summer/Fall. If you have to, come in the middle of the week: it was hot and we had our balcony door cracked open to let Bled's amazing clean air in and we didn't get a minute of sleep: for 2 nights there were parties downstairs(our room was on the 3d floor) - loud latter, screams, songs, music. I called reception desk as 3:30 in the morning and the answer was that everybody is calling them, but they can't do anything.
Also if you are not a smoker- do not open you balcony door: apparently hotel doesn't designate nonsmoking rooms and all our attempts to get fresh air in the room ended up with pumping smoke from the balconies next to ours.
Dinner buffet and breakfast were very good and price was very reasonable.
Overall we couldn't wait to get out of this hotel and to never come back.
Off note- after the hell of a night I asked front desk to give us wake up call as we had a trip scheduled- wake up call never was placed.

Room Tip: Do not stay in this hotel over weekend- you will have to forget about sleep due to the nise in the b...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vera995
SavaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Park Hotel Bled, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at our Hotel Park and for sharing your experience.
I am pleased to find out that you liked the hotel's location, breakfast and dinner.
As far as the room condition is concerned I can tell you that we will renovate majority of the oldest hotel rooms in November this year. I am convinced that our guests will notice the improvement immediately and that they will be much more satisfied with their stay.
Secondly, I agree with you that night noise was occasionally inconvenient this summer and I wish to apologize for that. As I explained also to other guests, we warned the municipality representatives about this issue and they already had a series of meetings with the various bar owners. I therefore believe that nights will be quieter next summer.

There are some smoking rooms on the third floor of the hotel, other rooms are non smoking. Unfortunately we can't stop guests to smoke on the balconies. Our law determines non smoking only in indoor areas.

I regret as the wake up call hasn't been made, there is no excuse for that.
Dear guest, I still hope that you visit us again and check new rooms and TVs by yourself; I believe that your possible next stay would be more comfortable.
Sincerely yours,

Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Hotel Park, Bled

Just spent 2 nights at the Hotel Park in Bled, part of a balkan tour, so this Hotel was not our choice, but I have to say that it was well located right on the banks of the lake, with views of the castle and the island. Our room was on the 5th floor, façing the village, we found the room spacious, especially the bathroom, wich only had a shower, but that works for us.
The property is clean, and well maintained. Of good standard I would say.
We had theyre buffet breakfast, it was fine, plenty of choices,good coffee. If I would be travelling as a couple, I would probably want a smaller hotel, since this one caters to bus tours,you would find yourself amongst hundreds of hungry tourists having theyre breakfast at same time.
We also had a buffet dinner included in our package, and again, it was ok.Somewhat limited on the hot entrees, but enough to make a decent meal of it.

I could go back, no problem.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WindowSeat33A
Island of Malta, Malta
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I spent 3 nights with my wife at this hotel on H/B basis and was very satisfied. You spoil yourself for choice for breakfast - although sometimes you have to wait for the staff to replenish the food dishes but all was fresh and you can always sip some tea whilst waiting. Dinner was also nice with a varied buffet. We arrived late the first night and missed dinner but the hotel management kindly let us have lunch for free the next day. Well done. The room was clean and had a superb view of Lake Bled and Bled Castle. I would advise others to try to book a room facing the lake - the scene is serene and beautiful. Such rooms are an added bonus. My only disappointment was that the staff going round with drinks do not let you know that drinks are extra and must be paid for. Drinks were rather expensive. But overall we were very satisfied we stayed there.

Room Tip: ask for room facing the lake!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Amherst, NH
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed 2 nights as part of a pre-arranged Go Ahead Tour group in October. Hotel is right on the lake - if you get a room with a lake view it's prob. fabulous. We had a room overlooking the other side, the parking/front area, and there's no view, but a nice outdoor balcony, if you wish to use that. Breakfast/dining ares is HUGE, plenty of room, no problem finding a seat, and the breakfasts were very good - lots of hot/cold choices.

Rooms OK, nothing too special. Maid service so-so. They left fresh towels but no soaps, which we needed, and they didn't make the beds. WiFi in room was very very slow for such a first class hotel. These are not serious compliants, but just would have been nicer if ...

Everything is accessable from this hotel's location, so a good choice to stay while at Lake Bled.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends