“Good hotel”

Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Bled
Istanbul, Turkey
“Good hotel”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Hotel Kompas is a fine hotel in beautiful Bled with no real problems. Ok, the gym is small, the pool is small but at least you have gym and pool at your service. I stayed in Kompas in wintertime so it was a pleasure to be in pool while it was snowing outside. Breakfast is good and rooms are comfortable. Although Hotel Lovec which is a few meters away is absolutely better and has more services, Kompas is enough to meet a visitor's expectations.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Trento, Italy
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I went to this hotel during a one-week workshop for my PhD studies. The place was very nice as it had a lot of conference rooms. I did not use the pool/gym services. The WiFi reached everywhere without problems, even in the dining room, so I did not have problem with that. The cost of bottled water at the bar is way too high, and it feels even more expensive since there is a super market no more than 200 metres away from the Hotel.
The quality of the food was average, but there was a lot of choice every time, even though the local cooking involves a lot of fried meat.
The days I was there the town, however, looked a little empty.

Room Tip: During autumn/winter the AC is way too hot, ask at the reception to lower it as the wall-mounted con...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Jazzinghen
Brno
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We were in this hotel for two nights. In my opinion this hotel does not belong to the category of four-star. Small rooms, quality of gastronomy is average, wifi didn't cover our room - we had to go to the hall with PC. The staff was friendly. We had a nice view from the rooms of the castle - optional.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My boyfriend and I arrived at Kompas Hotel for 3 days/2nights at Lake Bled. Everything with our arrival was fine and we were allocated a room in the corridor next to reception/the pool. The room location was fine however when we looked out the window it bizarrely lead into a little corridor which ran along the front of 3 other rooms (so you could see into their rooms without curtains closed) and also this little corridor was used as a storage area of boxes/brooms etc. We did however have a view of the castle, through our window which looked through a corridor to the outside world. The rooms are date, old-fashioned for my taste but clean and not worn down, my mum would have loved the style of the hotel. They have music playing in the reception which keeps you entertained whilst waiting for other members of your party or on a transfer. The worst part of our stay were the reception staff. I encoutered x3 during our stay. In the hotel brochure in the room, it states that there are not tea and coffee making facilities in the room but you can help yourself at reception. I fancied a cuppa after dinner when we got back quite late so I went to investigate. Basically, this 'service' does not exist. I waited 15 minutes for one of the staff to go and find a machine which would boil hot water and said I had to provide the coffee myself! I asked if I could have one complimentary from the bar which was about 1 meter away and he said no. He was quite rude and abrupt, even my boyfriend commented on it and he is not sensitive at all. Breakfast is good. We never saw a single person other than ourselves use the pool whilst we were there, the hot tub is fun because its right next to the glass window so you can look out. Everything else was fine. Upon check-out I wanted to confirm where the bus stop was because we were travelling onto Ljubljana. I asked the man at reception, a different one this time, and he basically could not be bothered to speak to me. He sighed, looked fed-up and was very rude. I already had an idea of where the bus stop was but he just rolled his eyes and it was as if I was asking a ridiculous question. The bus stop he was talking about was different to the one I knew about so therefore I dont think its silly to ask him to just confirm what he was saying. I asked him if he had a map to note on where it was..ofcourse he said no. We left quite unhappy and annoyed at the rudeness.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tallinn, Estonia
Reviewed September 26, 2012

It is a well-equipped hotel, but a little bit faded, especially the bathroom (flushing system did not work properly as well as the tap of the sink). In Scandinavia it would be not more than a 3* hotel. Breakfast is good. Very nice location and wonderful surroundings.
Rooms are also on half-floor, so had to carry the suitcase up the stairs between two floors.
Wifi available.
My room had a bad odour and the open window at all times did not help. Looked as if it was a smoking room. My room had a balcony, but unfortunately, facing the street.
Lots of pillows in beds, which I liked.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a lake view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank KataX1
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Our room was small but adequate and the view from our window over the lake was superb. The bed was comfortable but the air con couldnt be adjusted and was too cold. Everything was very clean. The food was good and offered a variety of dishes.
It was only a short walk to the foreshore and opportunities to visit many attractions. Do take the rowboat out to the island chapel and ring the bell.
There was free Internet frm the hotel foyer.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a room looking out to the lake.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
paris
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Good value for money , kept all promises

Parking lot is a bit small but sufficient ( and it is a must in Bled due to scarcity of proper spots)

Breakfast offer various dishes ( international and local )

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family