“Excellent trip”

Bled Half Day Canyoning Adventure
Ranked #4 of 34 Tours in Bled
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: At LIFE Adventures we believe that all journeys begin with a desire to know and experience more. We are simply here to share with you our love of Slovenia's most amazing places. We have the widest choice of adventure activities and holidays. We will take you to the most fascinating places. More Adventure, More You!
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Booked a trip including trekking in the Julian Alps, canyoning in the Fracterica canyon, white water rafting on the Soca river and mountain biking with LifeTrek. Couldn't be happier, the trip was well organised with LifeTrek collecting me at the airport and dropping me back to Ljubljana afterwards.
Also when it was noticed that my backpack wasn't really suitable for hiking into the mountains Ziva from LifeTrek kindly gave me a loan of her back pack for the two days. Would highly recommend LifeTrek to anybody visiting the Bled area.

All reviews
"mountain biking"
in 5 reviews
"amazing canyon"
in 3 reviews
"spoke english very well"
"felt totally safe"
"self guided"
"julian alps"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Contacted LifeTrek before vsiting to arrange some activities for myself and my partner. We ended up doing two lots of climbing in Bled and Bohinj, Canyoning down Fracterica canyon and rafting down the soca river. All the guides were very good, freindly and knowledgable about the area. The fracterica canyon involved an abseil down a 50 m waterfall which was a particular highlight!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I booked a canyoning experience for a group of ten almost two weeks before our trip to Bled, we were supposed to be picked up at our hotel at 3 pm. On the day before our appointment, Lifetrek delayed our departure to 5 pm and it wasn't until only 30 minutes before our scheduled pick-up the next day that they called to let us know that a group which had booked the canyoning for the 'morning' of that day wouldn't be back before 5.45 PM (!) and that obviously it was going to be too late for us to go that day!
We were offered a complete and immediate refund in cash or to re-schedule to the next morning, which our itinerary unfortunately didn't permit.
According to what we were told afterwards, the reason for what happened was that
1. Lifetrek doesn't have enough equipment (wetsuits, shoes) for both groups, so we couldn't be equipped and start before they returned,
2. the morning-group had to be diverted to a canyon located further away from Bled as the canyon closer to Bled didn't have enough water, and
3. members of the morning group were feeling sick after heavy partying the night before which led to additional considerable delays.
I will readily admit that there was quite a bit of bad luck involved, but this doesn't completely excuse Lifetrek as the shortage in equipment as well as the possibility of drier canyons at the height of summer are known to them and planning accordingly is their own responsibility.
Also, it seems that the morning group's excessive partying the night before should compromise their canyoning experience, not ours.

The ladies working at Lifetrek were always very friendly and seemed genuinely interested in ensuring a great experience for our group and, after things had gone wrong, to minimize our disappointment. I have no doubt that many other customers have had excellent experiences with Lifetrek as evidenced by the great reviews here on TA.
As to our own adventure, Lifetrek apparently tried a bit too hard, hoping they would somehow manage to provide a great experience for the group booked for the morning as well as for our group in the afternoon, inspite of the difficulties known to them. The (additional) and quite unforeseeable delay caused by the morning-group's hangover made it impossible for Lifetrek to realise both tours on one day and as we were the second group, it was our tour which was cancelled.
I would not discourage anyone to book a tour with Lifetrek as I am sure that our experience was an exception and that they have learnt their lesson from this incident: actually, they called me today to repeat their apologies and to explain the reasons for what happened in greater detail as they found the previous, less favourable version of this very review of mine didn't sufficiently reflect the amount of bad-luck involved.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

This was our second trip to Lake Bled and the second time we have used Lifetrek. As i remembered from our first experience with them, they were fantastic. We sent them a email for the dates we were there from and the things we wanted to do, they organized everything for us, pick ups, equipment etc. The activities were, two day hike up Mount Triglav, canyoning, rock climbing, and via ferrata.All activities were fantastic and the guides very professional whilst our safety always paramount.I cannot recommend them enough, they offer loads of other activities tailored to meet all peoples abilities and requirements.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I've been to Slovenia twice in 3 years and booked activities with Lifetrek Adventures both times. Every single person I've met who is involved with Lifetrek is amazing, their positive outlook is infectious. I've done 3 canyons, rock climbing, white water rafting, hiking and even via ferrata. I used to get shaky being stood 2 meters away from the edge of a cliff, now I'm clipping on to the edge and climbing up! The guides are so patient and understanding, and clearly enjoy every second of what they do. If you go and you're unsure about something speak to them in the office, they can give you advice on how strenuous / scary an activity is and what might be suitable for you. I can't recommend them enough, everything is organised really well. If you are unsure, remember everything they do is based around safety- these guys really do take it seriously.

Even when we went climbing this time and it rained our guide went out of his way to get us set up in another area where the weather was better and get us some climbing in. He didn't have to do this, but every time we've used them nothing is too much trouble. Both times we've come back with happy memories, and always want to do more- so we will be back. A massive thank you to the whole team.