“Good Introduction to Slovenia”
Review of Gostilna Murka

Gostilna Murka
Ranked #19 of 71 Restaurants in Bled
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Stumbled across this quaint restaurant on a walk around the lake.
The first night we sat on the deck and had a beautiful meal and enjoyed our beers and schnapps.
Disappointed that the "smokers" came out and smoked whilst we were eating but that appears to be a European thing.
Returned 2 nights later and sat inside. Once again the food was delicious, well priced and plentiful. We ended up joining another couple and the staff brought us "free" schnapps and we sat and enjoyed a beautiful evening.
Auithentic food with great staff.

There are newer reviews for Gostilna Murka

Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Every dish we had was delicious and we were more than full sharing an appetizer and two entrees for two people.

Also it was recommended by locals which always helps!

Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

I dont understand why this place is not higher on the reviews. Great food and very reasonable. 46 euros for 2 steaks salad and 2 carafes of wine..Traditional music and dance there tonight and great service.. Highly recommended. Just behind the church and up a bit!.. Much nicer than the more commercialised places in bled. Go here!!!

2  Thank Charlieangus
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Bled was a really long-awaited destination for me from the beginning of my 2-week-long-vacation, because I wanted to taste trout ! Bled's got a lake, why not !? However, when I saw the munu at Gostilna Murka, I had to give up on Trout !
Why is Trout so expensive in Bled ? I don't know if it is special Golden Trout,,,I really should have tried Trout else where without waiting for Bled.

At Godtilna Murka, I think Trout costs around 35 euro or something if I remember correctly.
After all, I had Cappuccino Mushroom Soup (3.3 euro). The naming really stirred my imagination but it was just a cup of mushroom soup topped with whipped cream on it. It was not bad but it did not taste Cappuccino.
Also I had Grilled Squid with Garlic (9 euro). It was OK but a bit too greasy for me.

1  Thank mamacita1001
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We ate here once two years ago and when we returned this year we were really hoping it would be as good as we remembered - we were not disappointed! In my opinion this really is the best food in Bled. The menu is extensive offering a huge selection of starters, meat and fish dishes, it surely must have something for everyone - the only problem is trying to choose just one dish! I would especially recommend the beef and noodle soup, veal stew with chive dumplings, the gorenjska style pork with cabbage and apple and the gorenjska prata. I would definitely come back again to try the kranjska klobasa and the trout.

As well as the wonderful food, the courtyard is a lovely setting for a meal away from the bustle of the large hotels. The staff are also pleasant and attentive. When the waiter accidentally spilt one of our beers he brought a fresh one free of charge (even though only a few sips were spilt).

If you want to try traditional food, eat here!

1  Thank SianLovesTea