See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 14, 2018 via mobile

Although it says it is a 4 star hotel, I would like to know who gave them those 4 stars. It is a strong 2 star hotel in my opinion.

The room is quite small for two beds, considering there is a double and a single bed, a closet, minibar, and a lot of desk space (which is pretty unnecessary). The bathroom is the worst part. Not that it is not functional, it is just old and outdated (like the rest of the hotel). The bathroom is somewhat moldy and there was no soap (there were towels and a hair dryer, though).

The staff was okay, nothing special. The breakfast was good, but also nothing special.

It is close to the lake and man, restaurants which is nice if you have never been to Bled before.

If you look for something cosier, cleaner and more modern (or more romantic), I would recommend another hotel. If you are looking for something close to the lake and are not bothered with mold and a lack of cleanliness, this hotel might work for you. Or if you are going to be out of your room for the majority of the day and look for a place to sleep and take a shower, this hotel might work for you.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2018

We stayed here as part of an Intrepid Travel tour. At first I didn't think it was as bad as the reviews said below, but as my stay went on, I started to understand customer reaction.

They state they are a 4 star hotel. I think they need to recognise what constitutes a 4 star hotel, because this is a mere 2 star at best.

My stay was 7 nights. Not once was my bathroom cleaned. Due to it being a warm, windows in the rooms were opened, and bugs would fly in. By the end of my stay, my bathroom represented a bug graveyard. Gross.

Not once was my bedding changed. I'd expect at least one linen change in a 1 week stay.

The bins were emptied every day, but that was it in terms of cleaning rooms.

On my second to last night, I went to reception, to let them know my room had not been cleaned all week, and that I didn't get any new towels (despite leaving dirty towels in the bathtub).
The guy at the front desk was the younger guy, with the weird hair/ponytail (not the manager with the glasses)

Me: Hiya, I just wanted to let you know my room hasn't been cleaned this week and I didn't receive any new towels today
Him: And?
Me: Well, I don't have any towels and the room is very dirty
Him: I changed the bins. Do you expect your room to be cleaned every day?
Me: Yes, especially due to you considering yourself a 4 star hotel
Him: We just got given those stars, doesn't mean we are one
Me: Okaaayyy.... so, this isn't great customer service
Him: What do you mean? What do you want me to do about it?
Me: Well firstly, I would expect you to apologise, and not get defensive about this issue
Him: I will get defensive if I want to be, you are telling me things haven't been done
Me: You have admitted things haven't been done, and I expect you to apologise, and say 'Oh let me sort that for you'
Him: No, I don't need to apologise
Me: Well, when you work in a customer service role, you really should apologise.
Him: starts speaking aggressively in Slovenian
Me: Right, well, seeing as you've got angry and defensive, I will be writing about this on TripAdvisor
Him: I don't care!

Despite this being absolutely disgusting behaviour and attitude from this staff member (behaviour that would warrant being fired in most other establishments!), this seemed to be accepted as normal here.

The hotel is tired. VERY OLD. Dirty in places. Guests rooms are not taken care of during their stay. The shower is handheld. The bathrooms are very old and the grouting of the tiles have mould in them.

The breakfast is the same every day and needs more imagination - maybe an actual chef rather than the person from front desk opening up a pack of ham and cheese and putting it on a plate.

I'm surprised this hotel continues to get business, as they do not invest back into the building, or in training staff to deal with guest requests in a polite manner. I will be writing to Intrepid Travel. If this hotel loses group guest bookings, maybe they will listen up to the honest reviews and buck their ideas up.

There are some BEAUTIFUL places in Bled to stay for the same price. I wouldn't bother considering this as an option.

Room tip: Choose a room in a different hotel!
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank allybear30
Reviewed June 12, 2018

The hotel is in a good position, not far from the lake and restaurants. This is certainly not a 3 or 4 star hotel. It is very run down and old-fashioned. Our bathroom was dirty, the shower is not hands-free, so difficult to wash your hair. No soap is provided. The bathroom was only cleaned once in 4 days. Breakfast was plentiful and the staff are helpful, but this hotel needs a big shake-up and staff training, plus a huge clean everywhere.

Room tip: cannot recommend a room
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Miriam14
Reviewed December 21, 2017

Location of the hotel is very good (near the lake), comfortable rooms,
variety of the good tasty breakfast.
If you come by car there is the possibility to park for free at the property
Had a good stay. Value for money!

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2017

This is not a 4 star hotel. This is not even a 3 star hotel.
It is disgusting to even walk in that bathroom. Toilet not cleaned, tiles dirty, shower dirty and moldy. Horrible
Carpets are stained, and I am certain that room was not even vacuumed, because I think there was some toe clippings on the floor.
Walls are paper thin and you can hear every single word of conversation in the next room.
Furniture was sticky and stained.
Dont go to this place.

Room tip: Do not go to this horrible place.
Date of stay: October 2017