“A quiet week of luxury”
Review of Hotel Triglav Bled

Hotel Triglav Bled
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Bled
Reviewed July 6, 2012

This hotel enjoys a spectacular view of the fairy tale island on lake Bled directly opposite the late dictator Toto's summer palace now an upmarket hotel.
It is not easy to find first time around due to the inadequate local signposting but we eventually came to this stunning location some 200 metres above the lake- a steep walk down. This will not suit all but ramblers & the many cyclists are in their element.
Bled is quieter than I had expected and taxis round are few and pricey (E10 each way for 5 km into town). It is also smaller with relatively little to do at night- Spain this ain't. However the place grew on us during our week stay and the apprehension of the first day soon evaporated. The fantastic staff at this small boutique Hotel had a lot to do with this. Unobtrusive but always there to help immediately when asked even if request bore no relation to one's stay such as printing out e- mails for later in our holiday. They skilfully calmed me when my car was blocked in by an ageing small vehicle- it belonged to the mayor who was giving a speech and a wonderful 15 min unexpected audience with this delightf character then followed!
Views of lake from Hotel quite stunning none better than after a storm where rainbow seemed to come off the church on the island.
Good indoor swimming pool - sauna and massage available not used. Excellent Internet connections. No pressure to use restaurant but as good a luxury establishment that I can recall- the stunning Slovenian Chardonnay will long be recalled on my palate.
A restful luxury week for 2 50 something professionals was the request and delivered to perfection.

• Stayed: June 2012

Reviewed July 1, 2012

We had booked one night in Bled as part of our three day trip to Slovenia. Our only regret is that we didn't stay longer. The hotel is at the other end of the lake from the town which we thought might be a problem but it turned out a real plus.
We had booked a suite with a lake view and would recommend this if you can. Dinner on the Terrace was outstanding. The quality of the food was first class. Slovenia is a real gem and Bled is the not to be missed jewel in the crown and Hotel Triglav the place to stay.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2012

It is the second time to be there and enjoy the restaurant here in this hotel.

We had a company event there, so we eat all the same. The food was excellent, and the wine also.

I must say if you are here, and want to eat a great menu, do not miss the hotel restaurant.

Great staff great food and excellent view to the lake. What else do you need? :)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Bled is something out of "The Lord of The Rings". It's a medieval fantasy land and the Triglav nestles right into the story. We had a wonderful time....

Arrival:

Parking was tight. They acommodated, but I won't say how. Service and check-in were immediate and delightful. We arrived a halfhour before a five course dinner and wine pairing by a local vintner. We were served our fill of fresh sparkling grape juice (I think?) and my wife and I were so dehydrated from driving all day the young guy serving made a b line for us everytime he refilled his tray. They get nuance here. It was a pleasure. The dinner and wime pairing were so spectacular that it's likely I'm bringing my parents from the states to Bled and this hotel so that they can experience it. It's a magical place (and hotel) forever burned into my memory. I remember every moment of it.

Room: Small, but very comfortable. There was the most frightening picture of a clown in my room. It's a personal problem I know. Bathroom was great.

Restaurant:
Worldclass. Food was excellent, service was wonderful, and the view is spectacular.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank skpeters
Reviewed June 26, 2012

This hotel is a little gem in Bled. We were particularly impressed by the good service of all staff, the evening meals, the view from the room (make sure to ask for a lake view with balcony) and the atmosphere in the whole building.

The standard of our room and bathroom was very good, though the bathroom was rather small. It was great to return to the view and balcony in the evenings. A suggestion for improvement to the hotel: put a second arm chair.

Location: The scenery is just lovely. The location quiet and outside of town, but close enough to walk in about 30 minutes. Exactly what we wanted.

Staff at the restaurant was very helpful, the food is elaborated and delicious. They have excellent slowenian wines and ask Damir for advise on it, he knows them all.

We'd love to come back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We chose Triglav to hold the reception for our wedding on 19th May as it was so welcoming, the views were fantastic and the food outstanding - we didn't regret our decision! We visited twice before the big day and each time were made to feel like part of the family - nothing was too much trouble and all of the staff went out of their way to help in any way they could. Marcela took care of every detail of the wedding and the day went so smoothly - I can't thank her enough.
The food and wine is outstanding - all 37 of our guests (including the small ones) finished everything on their plates and all commented on the quality and uniqueness of the menu. Damir is so passionate about the wine, he really knows his stuff - get him to take you to look at the cellar!
The rooms were comfortable, well furnished and spacious. The only thing I could possibly suggest is to have one more pillow to make the bed even more comfortable.
Overall we had the best weekend of our lives here and all of our guests have said they will definately be returning to Lake Bled and when they do they'll make sure to stay at Triglav!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Claire B
Reviewed June 7, 2012

The hotel location is excellent, mainly because of its quietness and its breathtaking view of the lake, even if these advantages are paid with a distance of about 3 km from the center of Bled. The Triglav is very well furnished, also with antiques, and its whole staff ( but particularly the receptionists and the restaurant maitre and waiters ) is extremely kind, friendly and helpful. There is a most skilful chef who proposes interesting menus, varied and savoury, and this eliminates any need to go out for eating elsewhere unless you want to try the typical Slovenian dishes which, strangely enough, here are virtually missing . Besides, there is a rich wine list with really good bottles at a fair price.
Two more favourable remarks. The former is that there is a computer available free of charge and with no time limits ( but somewhat difficult to utilize unless you are a computer expert since, due to its long use, many keys have symbols not legible any more ).The latter is that, due to a sudden event, I had to leave one day earlier than foreseen and booked, but this day has not been charged to my bill.
Now a few negatives. There is no bar where to pass some time for a cup of tea or for a drink ,and in case of rainy days; to be more correct there is a bar in the basement but, maybe because my stay has not been in high season,I tried several times but I could not use it since always with no personnel and therefore completely empty.Another negative is that there is one lounge but with a divan and five armchairs only, obviously not enough not even for a relatively small hotel. A last remark is that, just after my arrival, I did myself a minor injury which caused two coin-sized ( and so clearly visible ) blood stains on the sheet and this sheet, after three nights, had not yet been changed; yes, this is not a serious wrong, but a 4-star hotel...
In conclusion, the Triglav has many lights and a few shades; my overall judgment is undoubtedly positive and I would be happy to spend here, in the future, a longer holiday.

Room Tip: Surely preferable the rooms with balcony and lake view