“A lovely stay in Bled”
Review of Castle Hostel 1004

Castle Hostel 1004
Ranked #2 of 94 Specialty Lodging in Bled
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at Castle Hostel, the staff were amazing, and went out of their way to make our stay awesome, taking us on trips to the gorge, and even up into the mountains for a snowball fight.

My only criticism was that the bathrooms were often quite dirty and smelt of mould, and the ladders on the bunks stick out, which reduces the space in the small rooms quite significantly.

Overall a nice hostel to stay in, felt like home.

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Castle hostel 1004 was the best thing I most enjoy during my trip to Bled Slovenia. solo female Afriican traveler the hostel was full of very interesting friendly sharing sociable guests. the staff are out to be sure everyone was attended to. the view from the hostel was so beautiful. Location price safety clean staff guests fun free tours given by the hostel to water falls mountains sites all made up a pleasant memorable experience worth repeating. thanks Castle hostel 1004 Bled Slovenia. Happy travels

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Barrie0512
Reviewed October 1, 2013

First of all let me stress that this hostel is actually the ACE OF SPADES hostel (see below). Location was great, a few minutes walk to the lake and about 10 to the castle and there is a supermarket literally opposite. Wifi is good throughout and there is a washing machine available so you can do your own laundry. Hostel had a relaxed, friendly vibe and owner was friendly and helpful.

There appears to be some kind of merger going on at this hostel and this is not explained on the Hostelbookers website. I booked a 6 bed dorm in the Castle 1004 but it turned out that I was staying in an 8 bed dorm in the Ace of Spades hostel. The photos and description on the website for Castle 1004 seem to relate to the building next door which is now hostel Bled! Very confusing and not great because I was effectively sold something other than that which I paid for. As it turned out I enjoyed my stay, so I did not feel the need to complain, but others may not share my opinion. My only other minor complaint is that they could do with more hobs in the kitchen, as I had to wait for an hour to cook my food and that was in low season. Wasn't too much of a problem as I just chatted and drank with the other guests whilst I waited but dread to think how busy the kitchen gets in summer!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I spent 7 nights at the Castle Hostel and what an amazing time I have had! It was my first time staying at the hostel in general and I have to agree that it was a very good decision.
People who work there are true professionals!
They invited for a free tour to the vintgar gorge and it is a very beautiful place! I recommend for anyone who is visiting Bled to go there! They gave me a badge as well for local discounts which have helped to save some money for some souvenirs! Awesome!
As the weather was really good for most of the day, I had an opportunity to see many beautiful places! And people, Bled is the place you need to visit! And Castle Hostel 1004 is a place where to stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Great hostel! Very nice stuff, especially Mika and we say hello to him :) If you are going to Bled, you must sleep at Castle Hostel because there are really good fun, clean toilets, showers and room. The best place in hostel is terrace, nice view and for relax. Once again, very very nice hostel and staff !!! Pozdrav za Miku iz Srbije od Vlade i Marka!!!”

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 15, 2013

this hostel is great. we spent an extra night there because we'd had such a great time the first night. it's a couple minutes walk from the bus station, which is ideal, and a bus ride from the train station too.
it's minutes away from the lake, which is stunning.
the staff are really helpful and want you to get the most of your stay from the hostel, encouraging you to take part in the organised activities. i would recommend the tour of vintgar gorge!
i plan to go back to this hostel when i can!
couldnt recommend a nicer, cleaner, more practical and fun hostel to stay in!!
loads of beds, nice communal area, internet access, good clean showers and a nice well equipped kitchen, minutes down the hill from the super market.
what more could you want!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rosie H
Reviewed September 12, 2013

The staff organise all sorts of trips and activities, all of which they tell you about when you arrive and they will organise everything for you. Basically anything there is to do in Bled from trips to the gorge (which they drive you to for free) to skydiving (which they will book for you) to the pub crawl, they will hook you up with. There's a bunch of other stuff too, rafting and cayoning etc. On top of that they are all absolutely lovely people, one of them even drove us to the train station and when our friends wanted to stay an extra night they organised it so they didn't have to swap rooms.
A few of the rooms were a bit cramped, others had more space but the hostel was so amazing otherwise who cares? Good showers and toilets, a kitchen you can use, a communal balcony to sit on. There's a little supermarket right across the street. Go eat at the Italian restaurant nearby it's really good.
I travelled all around Europe this summer and this was my favourite hostel in any country.

Room Tip: The 6 person dorms were quite cramped, choose a larger room they we nice and spacious