“Feeling at home in Lake Bled”
Review of Ostarija Peglez'n

Ostarija Peglez'n
Ranked #10 of 75 Restaurants in Bled
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stumbled across this restaurant on a rainy night and, drawn in by the warmth of the welcome and of the dining room, decided “it looked like us”. And it was. There were a number of staff, looking after two separate areas: an outside, covered terrace and an inside room, the latter filled with tables packed into every space and corner, each table occupied. Much old memorabilia completed the setting. The atmosphere was buzzy and we were entertained watching our fellow diners.
Our waiter was very friendly, spoke good English, and was well intentioned if somewhat distracted and flustered at times. The food was good and the local red wine very drinkable. We felt ‘at home’ and well looked after.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,659)

Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed their sole filet and shared small mixed salad and Mediterranean potatoes while watching street activity and appreciating Bled Castle in the distance. Food was superb and service outstanding. Our total bill was approximately US$60 without drinks. But so worth it!

Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Walked in our first night in Bked and had a great experience. Booked for the next night before we left. I figure "why keep shopping when you've found what you're looking for?"

Service was very attentive and the food well prepared.

Only giving it a 4 based on the type of place it is. After all if I gave it a five what would I rate a real foodie experience.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

It's not directly on the lake, but this place is rather charming and offers a wide array of dishes to choose from. The service was a bit inattentive to begin with (it was a Saturday and rather busy), but things got better once my server finally came to greet me. I had the cuttlefish risotto along with what I think is the best ground beef dish I've ever had, which was ćevapčići. You know it's made fresh when it takes a while to actually get the dish. The meat is extremely juicy and flavorful. They have rather large dishes, so bring an appetite. I highly recommend this place to anyone coming to Bled.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We had a nice evening meal here. I liked my sea bass but the wife had some doubts about freshness of her John Dory. We learned the waiters in Slovenia indeed expect a tip and got a warm hug when we gave 5 euros. We both thought the grilled calamari was delicious.