“Tasty indian food in beautiful Bled”
Review of Okarina

Okarina
Ranked #12 of 68 Restaurants in Bled
Cuisines: Indian, Mediterranean, Slovenian, Central European, European
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Vicenza, Italy
“Tasty indian food in beautiful Bled”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I saw this restaurant on my walk to the lake, and decided to visit for lunch. I was not disappointed. I live in an area of italy where there is little ethnic food variety, so I was ready for Indian food. I had garlic soup for a starter, an although not Indian, it was delicious. The garlic naan was perfect. The chicken tikki masala was braised in a fragrant sauce, and the chicken was very tender. The rice was fluffy and came with two side sauces. I ordered a half carafe of the house white wine, and it was cool and refreshing on a hot day. I ate outside in a covered porch, but there is also a large indoor area. My server was polite and helpful. She offered to make my chicken spicier, if I liked, but it was perfect. So good, I am going to return again before I leave Bled.

1 Thank seagypzy

• Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Davis
“Great food, Great atmosphere”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I ate dinner here in a group - - farewell dinner for a 24-member Rick Steve's tour - - and was very impressed. I especially liked the antipasto (outstanding prosciutto) and main curse of stuffed calamari (my grandson/traveling companion also really liked it and he's a lot less adventuresome where food is concerned than I am!). The house red wine was very good as well. Aside from the excellent meal and good service, I loved the decor - - lots of interesting art fill the walls, especially the work of the signature artist whose wonderful mural decorates the exterior of the restaurant!

Poulton Le Fylde, United Kingdom
“Deeply disappointing - both the food and service”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

So far in Slovenia we have had wonderful food and service, so when we were recommended this restaurant in Bled we looked forward to the same standard. To be fair, the bread was good (the charge was €2) and so was the house wine. However the main courses of pasta were decidedly poor. Both our meals were wet, overcooked and lacked any discernible flavour as did the accompanying salad. For what is offered it is well overpriced. Added to the poor food the service was possibly some of the worst we have experienced. We were the first customers of the evening so there is no excuse of the staff being under pressure or harassed. The male waiter was surly and rude and made no attempt to make us feel welcome. We regretted afterwards not just getting up and leaving at that point. Later, we overheard him responding sarcastically to a young couple who had followed us in and this influenced my decision not to complain directly to him about the food quality. I didn’t want to add an unpleasant experience with him to the disappointment of the food. When it came to settle the bill the equipment did not accept American Express I offered my visa card in exchange and suggested that they may not accept AMEX (not everyone does these days). He said no it was probably that my card had exceeded the credit limit!. This was insulting and no way to treat a customer. The final insult/injury was when examining the bill we found separate charges for both butter and tap water. I cannot think of any other way they could gouge tourists. Shame on you!

2 Thank Lavarcham
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Agatha Christie and the delightful Okarina lunch”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Calling in for impromptu lunch we had such a great meal that we went back for lunch the next day.
Wild garlic soup was phenomenal, Zander (Pike Perch) in lightly spiced crust with saffron potatoes and greens was light and fresh. Hearty buckwheat pancakes with hot fruit gave a pleasant and substantial Slovenian finish to the meal The two waitresses who served went out of their way to make us welcome and we met the Nepalese chef too. Cosy, arty, spotless with vegetarian and vegan choices and plenty for carnivores too. P.S waitress is an expert on Agatha Christie's stay at Lake Bohinj. Relaxed, happy lunches on both days.

• Visited June 2013
Bled, Slovenia
“Bad food”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The food was horrible. When we complained that the meat was so tough that it was impossible to cut staff said that he did not know which part of the meat it was and what he could do was to get a sharper knife. Vealtournedon and grilled lamb chops were soaked in the same sauce.

• Visited June 2013