“For a drink and more in the heart of the old town”

Bazyliszek Restauracja
Ranked #158 of 2,674 Restaurants in Warsaw
Cuisines: European, Polish, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Neighborhood: Stare Miasto
Reviewed June 9, 2013

If you want to enjoy a relaxing time, in the historical heart of Warsaw, this is a place, like restaurants and bar in this neighbourhood, where you can stop. My best time of the day for this place is shorly after 6:00pm. There are enough free tablse outside and the activity on the plaza is in between (daytime visitors and night cruisers).
After a drink, you order your meal at the place but the inside of the restaurant is also worth seeing. If your are lucky (or if you book it), you might have a table on the 2 floor, by the windows. The view on the plaza is nice from this point of view.
Well, what about the food then, you have the right to ask ? Good as well. I tried the Hungarian-style pork knuckle. It was recommended on the menu. Others took the special of the day : oven-baked duck, which was delicious.

1  Thank Zozol
Tomasz B, Guest Relations Manager at Bazyliszek Restauracja, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Thank you for the review!
We' re very happy that you enjoyed the meal in our restaurant. We hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Bazyliszek Restauracja

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Four of us had dinner there on May 12th. The food is typically Polish, not gourmet, but excellent for its kind. What was more important, that I left my purse on the floor beside my table and because I was carrying an umbrella and book, I forgot it. Minutes later I ran back to the restaurant. The very kind young waitress had stowed my purse upstairs for safety. What a relief. She refused to take a tip, but I persisted. Is Warsaw the new Tokyo where people are honest?

Tomasz B, Guest Relations Manager at Bazyliszek Restauracja, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Spent the early evening here. Location is great and the service is very fast and friendly. When I was there, they had a special on beer from the tab (which made it even cheaper). The food was nothing special: their "original wiener schnitzel" is not so original as you might think. Salads (like Kraut) from the can (as far as I can tell).
I would go there again for a drink.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Good spot to go with your friends. Lots of place to sit inside and outside. Many special offers weekly that will get you decent meal and quite often big beer (0.7l for less than 0.5 normally). Very nice location on the Main Square.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Very nice selection of Polish food; mostly traditional dishes. Good selection of beers and wines, Staff is excellent; very professional. Each time I visit Warsaw I make sure I have time to pop in for some lovely roast duck, pork or steak. Their cheesecakes and apple pies are second to none.