“Just very good....”

Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Śródmieście Południowe
Reviewed June 2, 2014

After several visits to this place I can certainly recommend it for both Polish & Italian culinary experience. Just very good food of all kind. Quiet place so some folks will find it lacking of the atmosphere.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I chose this restaurant because of my love for Italian food, the proximity to the mercure Grand and the positive comments on TA.
It's just 5 minutes walking from the hotel on a somber road to an anonymous house, where you'll find the restaurant in the basement. On Friday evening, we were just 5 guests in the restaurant. The room In which I received my table was decorated like a typical Italian "grotto".
But the atmosphere was all but Italian. Be prepared to hear, during your meal, at least 4-5 times the same music, above all Julio Iglesias (spanish!), Tom Jones and his Delilah, una paloma blanca, my friend the wind, again and again! Oh so boring...
Service is assured by a friendly boy abd girl.
To start a glass of poor prosecco with... a strawberry.
I hoped to receive "melanzane parmiggiata", but got hot eggplant slices stuffed with blue cheese and, on top of them, cold ruccola, cold cheese slices, cherry tomatoes and... A strawberry. A bit strange.
The tagliatelle with calamari and shrimps "in a pink sauce" were correct.
The waiter suggested vanilla ice cream with hot raspberries. They came wth... a strawberry.
I paid 175 PLN for this meal with a bottle of Nispero rosso dell'Umbria (at 70 PLN).
All in all an average meal in a sad atmosphere

1  Thank harmonie
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Despite the leaves on the floor and 'grandma's back room' feel to this restaurant making us a bit nervous at first we decided to give this place a try based on Trip Advisor reviews. And we are glad we did. The food was fantastic and the waiter, Adrien, was very welcoming and friendly. A complimentary taste of the local vodka was enough to make us return the next night after failing to find a nice restaurant elsewhere. The food was just as good on the second night, as was the serivce. This place is also excellent value for money.

Reviewed March 12, 2012

As already pointed out by some of my colleagues, we stumbled across this restaurant, having taken a wrong turning back to our Hotel on the Saturday afternoon.

We ordered a couple of beers and then had a couple of glasses of wine. We were treated to the best garlic bread I have tasted (free gratis). Having found our bill to be very reasonable, we also had a look at the main food menu. We decided to back a table for 8-off us for the Saturday night.

We were all bowled over by how good the food was and our waitress was first class, making certain recommendations to us. We had a fantastic time in a nice homely atmosphere and were even joined at our table by the owner at the end of the evening.

It is just a pity that this little place is in the opposite direction from most tourist areas. I would generally think that most tourists would head into the old Town area or around maybe the Nowy Swiat area for something to eat. We would certainly recommend this restaurant to anybody that we hear is going to Warsaw and it would be first on our list, when we return.

1  Thank afmnicol
Reviewed March 12, 2012

We found this place by chance, when out a walk on a Saturday afternoon (having taken the wrong street back to the Hotel). Stopped in for a few beers and a couple of glasses of wine and instantly liked the ambiance of the place. We had a look at the menu and decided to book for 8-off us for Saturday night.

On our arrival for dinner, we were shown to our table through the back (decorated like a cave) and had our drinks served in quick time. The menu was so good, it was hard to make a choice.

After 3-courses each and some free shots, we were joined at our table by the owner. She sat with us for a good while and was happy to tell us all about her restaurants and show us some old photos of the premises, when she had first taken over.

As one of my colleagues (see other reviews) has said, if we visit Warsaw again, this restaurant would be top of our list for eating.

1  Thank allan1952