“Better than expected”

Sekret
Ranked #1,211 of 2,451 Restaurants in Warsaw
Cuisines: Polish
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Stare Miasto
Fleet, United Kingdom
“Better than expected”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Only ones eating in the restaurant so you might expect them to be attentive, which they were but we both just a lovely feeling from the guy who served us. Good food, huge portions. Good value. Can imagine it gets busy in the evening and has a good atmosphere. Would go back.

• Visited January 2013

• Polish first
Los Angeles
“We Can't Keep the "Sekret" any Longer”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This is a classic Polish restaurant with a nostalgic "retro decor." From the time you check in your coat and go downstairs, the restaurant experience transforms you into another time and place. It is just off a side street near the Old Town square and market. The table settings and ambience are unique; the service was top notch, and the prices reasonable. We slipped in on a Sunday night with a reservation and it was uncrowded, our server spoke excellent English, and the food remarkably good. We started out with what probably turned to be the best steak tartar we'd ever had. Over the top!!! The wine selection was limited, but quality and pricing realistic for Poland. My wife's roasted duck was excellent, my tenderloin was very good considering it was not cooked in a convection oven, and the desert superb. The portions were massive, so if you're not a big eater, split an appetizer and a main course and see how your stomach feels. Reservations a must, this restaurant is no longer a "sekret." You're gonna like this place for the food, value and Polish eating experience.

• Visited December 2012
Moreton-in-Marsh, United Kingdom
“A Sekret no more”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Went with friends to this restaurant in the old town.
Was quiet when we arrived, which you often think isn't a good sign, but the place is really quaint inside, and we were shown to a great table.
We were given a complimentary starter, which was pickled herring, which I thought was really nice, though this wasn't to everyone's taste.
For my main I had a steak, which was the best steak I have had in sometime, with really nice veg, and a potato pancake.
In our party of six, two others had steak, one duck, pork and wild boar.
Each dish was a really good portion, and cooked to perfection.
I didn't want a sweet, but two people had the apple fritters, which were amazing.
The total bill, with wine, was a little over £200, which we were quite surprised at.
All in all, we had an excellent night out, with super food, and great service.
Would heartily recommend.

• Visited October 2012
Bari, Italy
“Really an excellent place!”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I have been here on October 16th. Very nice location in the hearth of this beautiful old town, fully rebuilded. This restaurant is elegant and in my experience offer a very good level of service. Very kind waiters are there to satisfy customer's needs.

It's a relaxing place.
To start they offers us a delicious porcini (mushroom) soup, then I had an excellent and complete "SteakTartar" (egg etc- Tartar wolowy in Polish) as apetizer, continuing with "Pierogi" , tipycal Polish recepy (a sort of "ravioli" with meat dumplings, bacon and onion souce) really very good!

Main dish: the best roast duck I have ever eat! Perfectly cooked with apples, crumberry souce and marjoram.

As dessert I tried a lemon pie, so and so.

We were 9 and enjoyed atmosphere,service and food. Drinking wine (medium quality) we spent an average of 60€ per person:this is probably a little bit high considering Polish average but the quality is ensured.

I reccomand it!

Main dish:

• Visited October 2012
ireland
“Very poor”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We were part of a large group (35) on a set menu dinner here but it was the worst of the four venues where we ate dinner in Warsaw.

On a very simple menu the service was deadful, the main course of chicken was just about ok but the dessert of supposedly baked apple was cold and well undercooked.

The restaurant was well populated so it is doing good business but I for one would not recommend it or make a return visit when next in Warsaw.

• Visited September 2012