“New Year's Eve 2011”

Neighborhood: Stare Miasto
Oxford, United Kingdom
“New Year's Eve 2011”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We had a wonderful meal in the restaurant Sekret in Warsaw. We got there early (19:30) and since everyone tends to eat later in the City it meant that the restaurant wasn't packed. I had booked before we arrived in Warsaw which meant that we secured a booking. The food was amazing but there was a highly demanding party also in the restaurant and as a result our food was hugely delayed. Not a big problem as we had until midnight to wait ! We were given a complimentary drink because of the delay. Only one toilet was working so men and women were sharing. I think the Management were having a pretty stressful time. One strange thing was that we were asked to pay as much cash as possible - even advising us where the closest cash point was. We refused and paid by card !

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank CandyTMW

• Polish first
PA
“It is a secret”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

One of the best ducks I have ever had. The BEST zurek I have ever eaten. Needs some lessons on wines and wine lists.

Visited June 2011
London, United Kingdom
“Attractive decor and good service”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Sekret is in a basement just off the main square. It's very nicely arranged with vaulted sections with a few tables. The ceilings of the vaults are painted. The one we were in had garlands of flowers and fruit - very pretty. I had some really good pierogi with apple, followed by trout, which was OK. My companions were pleased with the duck they had. Portions were a good size and we had a number of extras included, such as cake with our coffee. There isn't a wine list, but the waiter shows you the bottles. The service was good and friendly, without been over fussy. I think it is worth it for the decor alone.

• Visited April 2012
Leikanger, Norway
“Very nice interior, OK food but poor service”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

The best part about Sekret is its location, its interior and the very helpfull and welcoming man in charge of the wardrobe. I was full of expectations when we were showed our table in this historic, old building. The food was typical Polish and tasted good--although not excellent. The service was very efficient--in fact so efficient that the whole three course dinner was almost completed in little more than an our. We had to ask for a pause. We had planned to spend the evening there, and in addtion to eating we wanted to relax and talk. Although helpful and efficient, the waiters were not smiling and did not tell stories about the building or presented the food. The whole experience could have been excellent, if it wasn't for this lack of service attitude.

• Visited March 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Come hungry, leave satisfied !!!”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I've had dinner twice at the Sekret. It is my favorite place for a charming, and cozy meal. Very friendly staff and service. I love their varieties of breads and menu items. All sorts of meat and fish plates............not cheap, but worth every Zloty. I will return in October for another visit!!!

• Visited June 2011