“Surprised by bad reviews... (carefull with the salt, thoug....)”

Zdrowa Konkurencja Oriental Bistro
Order Online
Ranked #59 of 110 Coffee & Tea in Warsaw
Reviewed June 15, 2017

This is interesting... We ended there by a complete accident (without checking TripAdvisor; TA). If we checked TA we would have reservations if to go there. Since we did not know, we had fantastic lunch.

Now, the excellent mark should be treated vis-a-vis the type of establishment. This is a "lunch place", mainly. With lunch menu, mainly.

There was 5 of us, and we had variety of dishes. I loved my pastrami sandwich. It was not the New York pastrami sandwich I once had in... New York, but it was excellent (regardless of the fact that pastrami tastes differently on this side of Atlantic ;-)

I tried the boot root salad and it was great.

Lunch deal with a mini-bottle of Cava is great.

So, I / we loved the place and will be going back if visiting the Muranow Cinema. I am curious if we will be still in such good mood as now or if the bad reviews are right.

Upon further reflection.... for the Chef -- Careful with that salt, Chef!

What do you think?

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed June 1, 2017 via mobile

To cut a long story short my two friends had finished their meal long before I had to remind the waitress I was still waiting on my food. I don't understand how it was forgotten about considering there was around 6 people in the establishment and we were the only ones eating. It was tasty though, and good value. Amateur mistake makes it unworthy of 4 or 5 stars.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed March 6, 2017

Birds chirping in the toilet - that's something new! Very nice, conveniently located, cozy cafe with delicious cakes, trendy interior and very friendly staff. Their "bezovy dort" is to die for. Also the home-baked bread is worth a try!

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed December 13, 2016 via mobile

We were 4 people with 2 small dogs and we were nicely welcomed.

The staff is absolutely friendly and patient. (Patient as WE changed the oder 3 times, sorry for that)
They even brought water for the dogs without asking them. "Really nice"

We had breakfast and I must say the food was just great. Price wise absolutely top.

The bread is very delicious and the pudding I had was just wow. I guess it was chia coconut fruit mix. (Sorry can't remember how it called) but awesome.

The place is clean, very cozy, great prices, nice staff, awesome simple food. Love it!!!!

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed October 18, 2016

First time I visited this place was more like a supper, but I often willingly choose to come back there also for breakfast or lunch.
The unquestionable favorite of mine is the Chef's Bagel with spinach, fried egg and bacon - an awesome option for breakfast.
It's a suitable place for an afternoon coffee - do not hesitate to try their interesting pastry offer: original homemade cakes, also in vegan and gluten-free options. Their crepes are available in both sweet and savory versions and one can choose the type of flour they are made of, too.
And last, but not least, their staff is very kind and friendly. Spending time there is always a pleasure.

Date of visit: June 2016