“Simply the best :-))”

E. Wedel Chocolate Lounge
Ranked #2 of 57 Dessert in Warsaw
Cuisines: Cafe, European
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
scotland uk
“Simply the best :-))”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Totally loved this place. The chocolate and the chocolate drinks are too die for. Felt very special in this place. Please go, you want regret it :-))

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank midge5

• Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
“Poland's oldest and best Chocolateur”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Wanted to buy chocolates for friends and family back in Australia and someone recommended checking E Wedel out. We were amazed with the grandeur of the place and the whole setting. Its a old 19th century building which used to be Emili Wedel's house. Now transformed into a restaurant, the place still reminds one of the aristocratic 19th century setting. Also, full marks to the cappuccino they serve and the chocolate layer cake. Hundreds of different chocolates to chose from, we came back with our hands full. It is a Warsaw institution, must visit.

• Visited September 2013
Helsinki, Finland
“Divine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Not sure what I can say that hasn't already been said but I must point out that I had the best cappucino of my life there. Well okay, 3 of them, all equally wonderful. Then of course there is the endless selection of chocolate treats....

The staff were maybe a little inexperienced but were charming, professional and friendly during each of our 3 visits. Considering how many customers they have through there, this was great to see.

For a true chocolate delight, visit E. Wedel.

• Visited August 2013
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Liquid chocolate heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

There's nothing like a delicious cup of hot chocolate on a cold winter's day and when it's -15C outside then being inside Wedel's is the best place to be for that chocolate. It was the run up to Easter when I was there and they had some specials which I tried and they were divine. I visited the place three times in my week in Warsaw and each time tried a different flavour which never disappointed.

• Visited March 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Liquid chocolate - how can there be anything bad about that?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Yes, I went for the liquid gold. But hadn't had lunch yet so had a quiche (small, but enough) and a beer to wash it down with. And sat in the old-fashioned interior and watched people and read a book. It was pretty full at 2pm on a Monday afternoon, too, but I never felt rushed or pushed. THEN it was time for my chocolate. It was all that and more. While I wanted to try the "bitter" dark, I stuck with the traditional and it was fabulous. I have to say, I was a bit disappointed to learn ahead of time that Cadbury had bought Wedel (I do really enjoy Cadbury, the old style, but haven't had much in the past few years), but the interior felt purely Wedel and I was so happy. So....the chairs aren't the most comfortable, but I was there for 2 hours and it was just fine. All that and only $12. That's $12 US. There are some uniquely wrapped chocolate bars in the store that I haven't seen in a grocery or drugstore, plus the fancy items you'd expect in the direct outlet. Stop in and see what's there. You'll find something yummy - but try to have some liquid chocolate to melt your insides.

• Visited September 2013