“Being driven to a park at night in Poland!”

Restauracja Belvedere
Ranked #97 of 3,535 Restaurants in Warsaw
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ujazdów
Description: Belvedere Restaurant is located in the must be calling card of Warsaw, the picturesque Royal Łazienki Park. The venue placed in splendid, historical New Orangery was designed by famous theatrical scenic artist–Boris Kudlićka. The combination of park surroundings, building unique architecture, exotic greenery, lighting effects and perfectly matched details such as copper curtains, chairs in color of peacock feather, tableware with a 14-karat gold pattern makes the restaurant the place of a timeless elegance. Charismatic Chef - Sebastian Olma - the winner of the II Polish edition of TOP CHEF culinary show, precisely mixes traditional Polish flavors with a modern arrangement of dishes. The restaurant serves an a'la carte menu and set lunch. If weather allows also in a beautiful garden in front of the venue. Every day, smooth jazz live concerts are held. Belvedere Restaurant was awarded by the Michelin Guide with three sets of red cutlery-which is a symbol of “the most delightful place".
Reviewed September 22, 2017

I didn't realize this restaurant was in a park. If I wasn't in a hotel limo I think I would have been very concerned being driven at night into such a dark location! The Belvedere offered a pleasant atmosphere and excellent food. The night we were there they had 2 business functions.The one nearest our table was quite noisy and we requested a change. The restaurant has 4 or 5 small balconies each holding a single table. Since all of us could climb some stairs we accepted one of these. It was tough on the waiters but our service was excellent. The wine list featured many expensive wines. I spoke to the sommelier and explained the style of wine and the approximate price range I wanted. He suggested a Spanish wine I did not know which was excellent and fit my request. I was told dress code was business casual and we were seated with no problem but the majority of men were wearing sport jackets or suits.

Date of visit: September 2017
Tomasz_Szczepanowski, Kierownik ds. gości at Restauracja Belvedere, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2017

Thank you for your visit and opinion. It would be great to see you again in Belvedere!

Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

The Belvedere is located in a beautiful park. The building used to be the green house in the past and it is still filled with plant. The interior design is stunning and for more privacy there are tables in the balcony inside the building.

The food is delicious and the staff very friendly. Worth a visit.

Date of visit: September 2017
Tomasz_Szczepanowski, Kierownik ds. gości at Restauracja Belvedere, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2017

Thank you very much for your opinion. It was a pleasure to serve you, please come back more often ;)

Reviewed September 13, 2017

Visited Warsaw and I had booked Belvedere for 5.30p.m. on a Sunday. I booked online about two months in advance.
We were seated at a tiny table behind an ivy bush. It was probably the worst table in the house.

We ordered one glass of prosecco and one large sparkling water. Two glasses were brought for prosecco. We returned one. The water was poured and the bottle which was half full removed.

We were given set menus with three or four wines printed on them as recommendations. We were not given or offered a wine list. We said we would like to try the recommended Polish wines. We were told "We don't have them".

We asked for the wine list. We asked about gluten free foods using our smartphone to show the translation to Polish.

We were told by the possible wine waiter (who knows what he was) that he would get someone about the gluten free options.

There were five Polish wines. We asked which were dry and said we were not interested in the Chardonnay. The Chardonnay was recommended.

We had ordered a starter and two main courses and one of us had indicated we would have dessert. We were asked if we wanted water. We said yes we would like our missing bottle back. We asked for gluten free bread for one person. It was stale. The non gluten free customer was not offered bread.

One of the waiters then returned and spoke [presumably] Polish to us. Lots of it.

Then two waiters arrived with a starter and a main course. My companion was served her starter from behind and was nearly hit on the head by her plate. I asked could my main be returned and brought out with the other person's main course. The waiter then began to argue with me and said I would be having dessert and should have my main now. I said I did not think so and normally mains are served together.

At this stage enough was enougn. We asked for the bill and said we were leaving. The starter which was pike perch was badly presented and tasteless. The ravioli main which we saw briefly could have been knocked together better by any trattoria chef. Appalling service. Bad food. The waiters made us feel as though we were not good enough to be in their restaurant. It would behove them well to go back to catering college and resit their exams. We went to the Sofitel where we had excellent service and fabulous food. The food was cheaper so they got an enormous tip. Your loss Belvedere. Give this place a miss. Go to the Amber Room. They can't do enough for you not like this dunderin' inn. Abysmal.

To be fair I did e-mail to complain and received an apology from the customer relations manager who invited us back next time we were in Warsaw. Bad service in a Michelin star restaurant should have been good. I don’t know what was going on that day.

1  Thank lulurosie

Dear Madame,

we would like to thank you for your visit and your review. It is always good to hear from our guests as it helps us to improve our service.

We always try our best to meet the expectations of or guests, we are sorry to hear that this time unfortunately we did not. Please accept our apologies.

Of course we will draw conclusions out of your message. Please visit us during your next trip to Warsaw to see if we have.

Yours sincerely
Tomasz Szczepanowski

Reviewed August 30, 2017 via mobile

Located in a Beautiful park with very nice and calm atmosphere. We took the lunch fixed menu and it was excellent. The service was amazing. One thing that could be improved is adding something for children to the menu.

Date of visit: August 2017
Tomasz_Szczepanowski, Kierownik ds. gości at Restauracja Belvedere, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2017

Thank you and please welcome back to our restaurant.

Reviewed July 27, 2017 via mobile

Came here for a wedding and the service was incredible. Nothing was too much for the team, FANTASTIC food and drink and just stunning grounds and building. Very well looked after. Would highly recommend.

Date of visit: July 2017
Tomasz_Szczepanowski, Kierownik ds. gości at Restauracja Belvedere, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2017

Thank you for your visit and review. We hope to host you again!