“An unsophisticated place to stay in Warsaw city centre” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Mazowiecki

Hotel Mazowiecki
Ranked #63 of 123 Hotels in Warsaw

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Brooklyn, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2011

First visit to this hotel and the last. First they give me a room without bathroom. Finally got one with a private bathroom. The internet is very slow. Tried make business calls through skype but couldn't because of internet speed. The paint was coming of the walls and the mattress on the bed was terrible.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
Fort Steilacoom, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2010

The reviews I've read about this hotel are misleading. It's in a very central area within reasonable walking distance to museums, old town, the central railway station. English is spoken by the front desk personnel who are generally very helpful (there was only one young lady who was less than helpful but most were VERY nice which did not spoil things for me.) Trying even a little Polish was appreciated by the staff who smiled. Breakfast was really tasty and a great way to start the day - the dining room in the front of the hotel is very Victorian looking with amazing historical documents and pictures on the wall. I loved it.
The rooms only have a sink with two toilets/showers per floor. I went off season in October and only had to wait once to use either. Like I wrote, it was like being in college again. I had a fourth floor room with a doorway to the balcony - very pretty view of the street and the Prudential Building/former Napoleon Square/now Uprising Square. The room was very comfortable, warm and cozy. Except for one night (see below) I slept just fine; a wake up call in the morning was 20 mins late (not a problem because I was already awake!)
The two downsides were the walls don't prevent noise from the other room and the thoughtless dope next to mine insisted on yelling into his phoen until almost 0300 despite my request and that from the really nice lady at the front desk. The other disadvantage is that the hotel is a smoking hotel without restictions. Fortunately I had one that didn't smell of cigarettes, however, it was possible to leave my nice room and walk into the stink of someone else's nasty smoking habit. I really didn't notice any noise from the bar scene on the street.
The cost was amazing good value for money - breakfast and room for about $55 per night was a bargain. The room was very comfortable, the breakfast very tasty and the hotel centrally located to everything I wanted to see in Warsaw. If I have the time to come back by myself, I'll definitely consider using this hotel again.
Dr. Michael Koznarsky

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2009

We did not initally book this hotel, but the hostel we were staying at did not receive our booking from hostelworld for a double ensuite room. They kindly found us a room at Mazowiecki, for which they were happy to pay the difference.

When we got to Mazowiecki, the receptionist was very rude and abrupt with us. We asked her to call the hostel but she was reluctant to and did not understand us as we explained that we needed to verify they were paying the difference. Once this was finally resolved, she refused to accept my credit card for payment because there was a slight crack and would not even key the number in, so I had to go out and cash. All the while, she was making comments in Polish to the security guard. I have to say aside from this particular receptionist, the rest of the staff were fine.

It turned out the room we were given was a suite. It was very nice and had a classic feel to it, with a lot of furniture, including a flat screen TV and leather sofa. The toilet on the other hand was awful, and you had to go out of the toilet and pull the chain to flush otherwise it would splash onto you! Many other rooms are not ensuite, but the shared toilet I saw was nice and clean. Breakfast was good with a good selection of meats.

The location is excellent as it is right next to the Royal Way and is next to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. There are a few nice bars on the road too, although this meant it was quite noisy on Friday night.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
London, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2008

Hotel Mazowiecki is perfect if you want a hotel within walking distance of the historic Old Town of Warsaw without paying top prices. It's about 10-15 minutes walk from there and considerably cheaper than any hotel directly in the area. It's attractive, clean and the reception staff are helpful and speak very good English. The in-house restaurant serves absolutely delicious food and the menu includes many French dishes as well as Polish and others - it is quite expensive, but if that's not what you're looking for there are plenty of other places to eat nearby.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank jopycroft
York, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2007

Probably appropriately priced for what you get at a hotel in central Warsaw for about $100 for a double. The condition of the room is best described as worn, but it was roomy (and even had a 'fridge). The beds were more comfortable than they looked; the bathroom was rather seedy and could have used some updates. Not much soundproofing, so we were lucky there weren't many late night guests on our floor and that we didn't need to have the windows open. The breakfast was more than adequate. Our biggest problem was that we paid in cash and could not get a receipt. Next time we go to Warsaw we will pay a little more and stay someplace else.

• Liked — Location, breakfast
  • Disliked — Condition of room, front desk staff
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
2 Thank Viruten

Travelers are raving about these Warsaw hotels