Open today: 9:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Warsaw City Tours by Lukasz tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Warsaw City Tours by Lukasz
All reviews walking tour personal guide personable young man historical spots hour bike tour great guide private tour fascinating history excellent knowledge come alive polish life old town wonderful tour milk bar lucas lukasz interests
Reviewed May 28, 2018

Six of us from Upstate NY recently spent several days in Warsaw prior to the beginning a formal “bus” tour of Poland. Four of those traveling with my husband and me had really never been to Europe before. So I thought it would be ideal to hire a local guide to show us around while we were “on our own”, to get us focused and to learn about the city.

Several months before the trip, I reached out to a guide suggested by Rick Steves in his Poland book, but she was unavailable for the time we would be visiting. So she referred us to a colleague who turned out to be Lukasz. I will have to say that it proved to be an excellent recommendation!

Initially, through email, Lukasz and I explored some ideas for our tour. After discussion, we decided on a three hour walking tour on Friday morning, and a four hour walking tour on Saturday. Meanwhile, I emailed our “formal" tour information to Lukasz outlining what was to be covered on our bus tour so we wouldn’t be duplicating everything. That worked out well and ultimately, the walking tours with Lukasz were very different from our formal tour. Lukasz met us at our hotel both mornings which was very nice as well.

Lukasz is knowledgeable, personable and well versed in English. Over the course of the two days, as we walked around Warsaw he not only shared various facts about the city, its history and the culture, but personalized much of his presentation with anecdotal stories and comments. We were especially interested in the Communist period, which we knew little about. Since he lived through several years of Communist rule as a child, as did his parents, he had much to offer. As you can imagine, we had many questions, and he answered them all!

We absolutely loved our tours as we quickly became quite acclimated to the city and its environs. Before our tour even began Lukasz graciously gave us advice about restaurants that were in the vicinity of our location at the Novotel. We enjoyed eating at both locations.

I would highly recommend Lukasz as a guide. It is very apparent that he loves his career and is very passionate about sharing his knowledge with those in his tours. It was truly a fun, learning experience for all of us. Can’t wait to go back!

Reviewed May 26, 2018

My wife and I did a 5 hour walking tour of Warsaw with Lucas May 2018. He led us on a very walkable circuit through the major sites of Warsaw using public transit once. He took us to places that would not normally be seen by tourists like the Professor House and Garden in the old town, and the cloistered convent nearby. We also wandered through two markets, one more traditional and the other more modern with prepared meals. His stories added understanding to the sites we were seeing. I highly recommend him for a private tour such as we had.

Reviewed May 10, 2018

Had a fascinating and informative tour led by Łukasz. My friend booked him to take a group of 4 of us on a 4 hour private tour (1/2 on foot 1/2 on bicycle). He tailored the tour of Warsaw to our interests and it was one of the highlights of our trip to Poland. Łukasz is personable and truly cares. It was hard saying goodbye as it felt like I had made a new friend.

Date of experience: May 2018
LukasGodlewski, Właściciel at Warsaw City Tours by Lukasz, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2018

Thank you so much for that kind review!

Reviewed May 6, 2018

Łukasz is an outstanding tour guide, who readily met our individual requests while demonstrating an excellent knowledge of the history of Warsaw. We saw many of the important sights and had an understanding of the city’s geography and history. He was informative and fun. He even got us into an Uber after our 3 hour tour. Thank you Łukasz.

Date of experience: March 2018

Carol, thank you so much for that kind review!

Reviewed December 10, 2017

Our son arranged this walking tour for us to give us an oversight of the city on our first day there. We were so pleased that he did because we learnt so much about the city from Lucas, not just from what we saw but just by talking to him about the city & it's history. I particularly wanted to visit the Praga area so Lucas took us there on a tram & we came back on the underground, both of these things we would probably not have been brave enough to tackle on our own.

We found Lucas to be very personable & interesting & strongly recommend him as your tour guide of Warsaw.

Date of experience: August 2017
1  Thank PaulineDriffield

Thank you for such a nice comment!