“Łukasz: Best Guide in Europe (no kidding)”

Warsaw City Tours by Lucas - Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover the city of Warsaw with a licensed guide and native Varsovian of several generations. Get a personal perspective and connect with the soul of the city. Visit the biggest attractions and less well traveled areas. Go behind the scenes and find the hidden gems that you won't find in any guide book. Learn about Warsaw`s turbulent past and transformation into a modern, dynamic city. Spend your free time among locals in restaurants, cafes and bars and away from touristy areas. Feel free to ask for any further information or visit my website and read more about my tours.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Łukasz was PERFECT for us. He was knowledgeable, informative, organized, courteous, and funny (when appropriate). He clearly communicated accurate information about history and current events, and also shared his opinion when we asked. He adapted the tour to our interests. He walked at our pace (we're a little older and have to move just a little slower). He included both of us (unlike some guides we've used who speak only to the man and ignore the woman). He has a GREAT sense of humor and shared personal anecdotes. Very touching stories. We thought he made Warsaw come alive! We HIGHLY recommend his tour!

All reviews
"facts"
in 3 reviews
"tourists"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Six of us from Upstate NY recently spent several days in Warsaw prior to the beginning a formal “bus” tour of Poland. Four of those traveling with my husband and me had really never been to Europe before. So I thought it would be ideal to hire a local guide to show us around while we were “on our own”, to get us focused and to learn about the city.

Several months before the trip, I reached out to a guide suggested by Rick Steves in his Poland book, but she was unavailable for the time we would be visiting. So she referred us to a colleague who turned out to be Lukasz. I will have to say that it proved to be an excellent recommendation!

Initially, through email, Lukasz and I explored some ideas for our tour. After discussion, we decided on a three hour walking tour on Friday morning, and a four hour walking tour on Saturday. Meanwhile, I emailed our “formal" tour information to Lukasz outlining what was to be covered on our bus tour so we wouldn’t be duplicating everything. That worked out well and ultimately, the walking tours with Lukasz were very different from our formal tour. Lukasz met us at our hotel both mornings which was very nice as well.

Lukasz is knowledgeable, personable and well versed in English. Over the course of the two days, as we walked around Warsaw he not only shared various facts about the city, its history and the culture, but personalized much of his presentation with anecdotal stories and comments. We were especially interested in the Communist period, which we knew little about. Since he lived through several years of Communist rule as a child, as did his parents, he had much to offer. As you can imagine, we had many questions, and he answered them all!

We absolutely loved our tours as we quickly became quite acclimated to the city and its environs. Before our tour even began Lukasz graciously gave us advice about restaurants that were in the vicinity of our location at the Novotel. We enjoyed eating at both locations.

I would highly recommend Lukasz as a guide. It is very apparent that he loves his career and is very passionate about sharing his knowledge with those in his tours. It was truly a fun, learning experience for all of us. Can’t wait to go back!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and I did a 5 hour walking tour of Warsaw with Lucas May 2018. He led us on a very walkable circuit through the major sites of Warsaw using public transit once. He took us to places that would not normally be seen by tourists like the Professor House and Garden in the old town, and the cloistered convent nearby. We also wandered through two markets, one more traditional and the other more modern with prepared meals. His stories added understanding to the sites we were seeing. I highly recommend him for a private tour such as we had.

Reviewed May 10, 2018

Had a fascinating and informative tour led by Łukasz. My friend booked him to take a group of 4 of us on a 4 hour private tour (1/2 on foot 1/2 on bicycle). He tailored the tour of Warsaw to our interests and it was one of the highlights of our trip to Poland. Łukasz is personable and truly cares. It was hard saying goodbye as it felt like I had made a new friend.

LukasGodlewski, Właściciel at Warsaw City Tours by Lucas - Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you so much for that kind review!