“basic but decent value for money”
Review of Jump Inn Hostel

Jump Inn Hostel
Jump Inn Hostel
Ranked #116 of 127 Hotels in Warsaw
Reviewed March 1, 2014

it was very noisy and also the mixed-sex dorms were a bit weird, but it had everything you need and was well located. i would stay here again and recommend it to anyone travelling to warsaw on a budget.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed January 16, 2014

i have not stayed at the Jump Inn Hostel. I have never been in Poland.

Today My bank account was charged 481.79 Euros by the Jump Inn.

There is something very dishonest going on at the Jump Inn. I have notified the police and maybe the crooks at the Jump Inn will be shut down.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Bob S
Reviewed December 3, 2013

The hostel is ok, cheap and very well located (specially if you want to go partying in Warsaw), but I've been in nicer hostels, with better beds and showers.
What I definitely didn't like at all is what happened when we came back home...we were a big group of 30 students, and when we came back home they sent us an email informing us that they were going to charge us 500 PLN because of the mess we left behind. This is not about who was right or if they had reasons to charge us that amount, what I didn't like is not that they charge you if you don't behave properly, is that they didn't inform us when we were leaving the hostel...we left with a lot of time, and none of them complained about anything until we were home and we couldn't argue or defend ourselves...I would never come back or recommend it to anyone...

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

We had a 4 bed dorm and it was all fine. We were told we had to pay for linen on arrival which was a bit cheeky as there was no mention of this before but we were travelling with sleeping bags and so declined this service. Apart from this the hotel was clean and in a convenient location. The staff were friendly enough especially Tanya who was very helpful.

It is a bit of a downer that there are only two toilets and showers on the whole floor but after travelling round Europe it's the same pretty much everywhere and mostly places the showers and toilets are unisex so at least here they are separate.

So in all a cheap, clean place to stay in the centre of Warsaw.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2013

the price on the booking sites doesn't mention t 6 zl for internet each day(most of the hostels have it for free). if you need a locker 5 zl per day (again free only a 20 zl deposit which you get back in the end of your stay or no personal locker but a place to store your valuable things which is monitored by staff) washing machine is 15 zloty per use. so if you compare to other hostels where the staff is much more pleasant hostel Jump Inn sucks big time. lets not mention that the bathrooms and showers are in the same place or the small rooms with a corridor between bed less than a meter wide. if you come in this hostel unprepared than be careful the beverages and snacks are much more expensive than in most tourist attractions i Warsaw.

Room Tip: you are surrounded from either major streets or clubs so better choose another hostel a little furth...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This hostel has one advantage- its location in the centre of Warsaw.
On the other hand: nothing. Unfriendly staff, two showers and two toilets,eventually working, per sex (over 50 people staying there), no wifi in the rooms. Rooms in prison-style and -size, no closets, no room for luggage (too small lockers in the hallway), instable selfmade beds. Pseudo-soundproof doors with 2 inches sound connection to everybody else in the hostel.
At the check-in I was'nt given a guest card which you need to enter the building at night time. I was very suprised, when I wanted to get in again and couldn't before some weird phone calls to the receptionist were made.
Most uncomfy community room in Poland ever.
Breakfast looked awful (we didn't eat it).

Room Tip: If there is no chance in getting around this hostel, take a private room for a less stable-like feel...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank M J
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I didn't even visit or sleep in this hostel, but still I have a bad experience.
I booked a night in this hostel on one Saturday in July but during my stay in other polish city I met friends who offered me to oversleep in their flat, so I decided to cancel my booking in JumpInn.
The cancelation policy of this hostel is to cancel your reservation 48 hours before your arrival and if you do, they won't charge it. So that was what I did. I was about to come on Saturday, but I canceled my reservation on Tuesday, which is much more than 48 hours. Still, the next day I saw that my account was charged in the exact amount of money that I would have to pay for that one night in JumpInn hostel.
I've sent them an e-mail with everything explained and that they probably made a mistake, and they replaied me that it really was a mistake and my money will be refunded within 7 days. That was on 27th of July.
After that e-mail, I returned to my country, went for another vacation, and I didn't check my account for more than a week. When I checked it, I realized that they didn't give me my money back, even it was their mistake. I've sent them another e-mail, they didn't answer. Then I called them in few days, and the lady said that she found my e-mail and that she will send it to her boss. None contact me for few days, and I was very angry. My friend who live in Warsaw then call them again (maybe they will explain him better the situation in polish language), and again the lady said that she will send my e-mail to her boss, and the boss will then send the e-mail to his/hers supervisor (3rd person), and that I need to wait for someone to contact me via e-mail. And also, she was sure that if it really was a mistake, they will give me back my money for sure. That last conversation with them was on 28th of August....and you can guess, STILL NO E-MAIL OR ANYTHING FROM THEM!
So if you think that you will maybe need to cancel your booking at this hostel, don't book it at all, cause if you cancel it on time, they will still charge it even if it's against their cancelation policy.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo