“Good hotel”

Ranked #12 of 124 Hotels in Warsaw
Alpharetta
“Good hotel”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The hotel was good, not great. In the US I would only give it 3 stars, but for Warsaw it is 4 stars. The bed was way to soft, no support, gave me a backache. The fitness center was awesome...it alone is reason enough to stay here. The executive lounge on the 26th floor was okay. They really need to learn how to cook scrambled eggs. It is not that hard. The consistency was about half cooked. Another 2 minutes would make a huge difference. Not close to the main sights, but not too far, about a 30 minute walk.

1 Thank Thom1962
Hilton_Warsaw_Hotel, General Manager at Hilton Warsaw Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having posted your comments on Trip Advisor.
I am glad to read that you were generally satisfied with your stay. In order to provide even higher standards of service, your additional comments are appreciated as well.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

With best regards,
Remco Norden

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London UK
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Even though I booked my room well in advance (5 months prior to my stay), I got an unpleasant surprise when I arrived, because due to a conference the hotel was fully booked and there was only a smoking room for me. I refused that, because I detest smoking rooms, as do most of the business travellers I know.
After a hassle and telling the people at the desk that this is unacceptable, and that I am a Hilton Honors Gold member (even though I hate using that as a means sof pressure) they found a non smoking room for me on a lower floor, even though I made a reservation for an executive room on a top floors. The room was still OK, but I will look carefully at what they will charge me when i leave the hotel in two days. I must say it did spoil my stay a bit.

3 Thank tjp1994
Hilton_Warsaw_Hotel, General Manager at Hilton Warsaw Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having chosen our hotel for the place of your recent visit.

I was glad to read that you stay at Hilton hotels frequently and please be assured that in order to prevent this from happening in future I have shared your comment on smoking rooms with the relevant people in my team.

We look forward to welcoming you back and make your next stay memorable only for the right reasons.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Modern lobby, check-in/check-out very efficient, knowledgeable concierge and good set of high quality tourist handouts. Spacious rooms, with great views and very good condiments (tea, coffee, etc.). Welcome gift for HHonors members + free bottled water every day! If you get access to the Executive Lounge - breakfasts are awesome, there is an open bar, great place to relax. Money saving tip: in a building next door, there is a 2nd day laundry - "Pralnia Buczynscy" www.pralniabuczynscy.pl. This hotel is a bit further from the town's center than some others, but it's next door to the most important museum in Warsaw - Museum of the Warsaw Uprising, so make sure to visit it during your stay.

1 Thank Stefanek
Croydon, United Kingdom
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,134 helpful votes
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We had not expected to stay here as we were actually guests at our favorite hotel, the Intercontinental, which is by Warsaw main railway station (Centralny) but at 23.00 on 9 September we were awoken by the news there had been a bomb alert requiring us to evacuate the hotel. We were bussed the short distance to the Hilton where, at midnight, they coped well with us "refugees" from the Intercontinental. We were quickly allocated 2503 on the top floor. We did not get much sleep but no fault of the Hilton who provided a big bed and a large duvet. The bathroom was well equipped, with a walkin shower as well as traditional bath.

We had breakfast in the well laid out ground floor restaurant.(food better displayed than in the Intercontinental) before being picked up and taken back to the IC.

We did not pay and did not use other facilities so have given this as a Very Good mark. Guests should note it is not the nearest hotel to the railway station (which now has a train link to the Airport) and does not have the glorious 43rd floor swimming pool at the IC!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
USA
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I usually find apartments, not hotels like this, when traveling with my kids aged 7 and 9. But we got a suite at the Hilton and it was great. The rooms are lovely and comfortable. The suite had 2 bathrooms and plenty of room. The amenities lovely -- all suites get access to the Exec. Lounge, which has a full open bar and, during key hours, excellent food. The buffet breakfast included in the room was outstanding. It would have cost $40/person in many cities. The staff was always kind, helpful and ready to help. Note that the swimming pool does not allow kids except Saturday between 1-4pm, so don't go for the pool if you have kids.

Room Tip: The suites are lovely and because they include the exec. lounge, a great value.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Reader,

Many thanks for your stay with us and for placing the review on TripAdvisor.

I was glad to learn that you enjoyed the visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Warsaw Hotel & Convention Centre soon.

Pune
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The service was excellent. The breakfast was wonderful. The view is breathtaking and after a long work day, this was very relaxing. The connectivity is also good and you can actually work from any where in the premises. The housekeeping is excellent and the guests are taken care very well. The stay was for two weeks and I really enjoyed every single moment of it. The front desk helped a lot to avail facilities like the local tours&travels, which made the trip even more exciting. You also get help in getting to explore the city on your own. The location of the hotel is excellent and you have access to a variety of tourist places and restaurents.

Room Tip: Higher floors have pretty good view
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at the Hilton Warsaw Hotel & Convention Centre as well as for sharing your comments.

It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the time spent with us and appreciated so many aspects of the visit.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Cincinnati OH
Reviewed September 1, 2012

This is the Hilton that all other Hiltons should aspire to be.

Highlights are:
- stylish, contemporary rooms with large bathrooms that included a separate shower stall. As someone who only uses the shower, I like the dedicated shower.
- Executive Lounge never seemed over-crowded even when full. I never took breakfast there, but I did take advantage of the evening snacks. There were always a selection of two hot Hors d'oeuvres, a couple open-faced finger sandwiches, and two cakes. Shrimp dumplings, chicken skewers, and the beef tartar sandwiches were my favorites.
- Option to take the full breakfast buffet in the restaurant downstairs (I am a Gold member and have free breakfast selected as my preferred amenity). The friendly check-in clerk recommended this option because the buffet was more extensive than the one in the lounge.
- Concierge in the morning - I believe his name is Adam - was so knowledgeable about events in the city (free Chopin and jazz concerts), all of the tram and bus lines, and proposed a nice tourist route for me. When he found out that I was continuing on to Krakow (stayed at HGI there), he went and got a Krakow guide book and map for me! He really takes his time with each guest, making sure all questions are answered and helping you feel welcome in the city.
- Gym. Loved it. It's a Holmes Place gym, a nice chain gym which locals can join like any other gym. I love having a "real" gym, not a hotel fitness center. Not only is the selection of equipment so much more extensive, but you I also prefer to workout with other people who are serious about working out (helps motivate me!).
- Airport transfer at a reasonable rate - 50 PLN. The ELE Taxi driver was waiting for me with a sign at arrivals, and he did run the meter so I could see that the metered rate would have been 40 PLN. I thought an extra 10 PLN was a good value for the peace of mind that a driver would be waiting for me to take me straight to the hotel. On this note, I noticed that outside the hotel there were several ELE Taxis waiting. As I understand it, this is one of the reputable taxi companies in Warsaw. In contrast, I usually saw the big black Mercedes taxis parked outside the other big hotels in town, the kind that people have recommended against taking.

Some have commented on the location, and I thought it was perfectly fine. The first day, I actually walked to and from the Old Town section. It was quite a walk, but totally flat. On the second day, I started at the Warsaw Uprising Museum which is a short block away, and then took the tram into town. The tram, which stops between the Hilton and the Warsaw Uprising Museum (the stop is called Muzeum Powstania Warszawskiego), also takes you to the train station. Also I read someone earlier comment on the view. I was on the 23rd floor and had a great view. Before coming to Warsaw, I saw Krzysztof Kieślowski's Dekalog series, and the Warsaw I was expecting with concrete apartment blocks is the view I got, so I was quite happy about that!

I would love to come back to the city. I wasn't able to stay over the weekend, so missed the free concerts that Adam told me about. If I got a chance to come back, I'd definitely choose the Hilton. It's one of the nicest hotels I've stayed at, and probably the best Hilton I've experienced worldwide.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for this detailed and highly positive feedback.

I much appreciate the time taken to place the review of the Hilton Warsaw Hotel & Convention Centre and am proud to learn that we were able to meet your expectations.

It will be an honor for us to welcome you back soon.