“Wonderful week”

Hilton Warsaw Hotel & Convention Centre
Ranked #12 of 126 Hotels in Warsaw
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We have just arrived home from a week in the Hilton Hotel and Convention Centre. Our first room was noisy and I thought this was going to be 'one of those trips' but when I brought it to the attention of reception staff, they went to the trouble of getting their manager to put us in a less noisy room the following day. We ate in the restaurant every night - it was part of the deal and the food was fantastic - the best hotel food we've had in a long time. The tall blond waiter with glasses should be promoted (I used to be a waiter in a previous life during student holidays) and he always got everything right. He was attentive but not intrusive, pleasant and not pushy.
Breakfast was great too - lots of lovely fresh fruit, salad, rolls, freshly squeezed juices, muffins/doughnuts and lots more. There were enough waiting staff on duty as if they had to serve you the full breakfast so they were attentive and cleared dirty plates instantly.
We were at the World Scrabble Championship - my husband was competing and when some supporters wanted to have a mini-tournament, the business centre staff were equally helpful.
Location-wise it's a 10 min walk to the shopping district and 20 min walk to the historic centre but it's all flat walking and the area seems very safe.
A truly memorable stay and I'd recommend anybody to stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lifts!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pocard
Hilton_Warsaw_Hotel, General Manager at Hilton Warsaw Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your stay with us and for the kind review posted on this website. We were certainly delighted to be the host of the World Scrabble Championship, which even made me improve my own playing skills.

With regards to your accommodation, I was glad to hear we managed to overcome any issues and offer you a room which met all your expectations. It is a pleasure to read you were also satisfied with our hotel in terms of restaurant service, food quality and general helpfulness of our team as well as hotel’s location.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to the Hilton Warsaw soon.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Warsaw Hotel & Convention Centre

Reviewed October 10, 2011

Just returned from a 2 day conference and was very pleased with this hotel. Had a room with an amazing view (picture windows, corner room, high floor) the service was outstanding and the food plentiful (non stop!). The hotel was a short taxi ride or moderate walk from the old town. Staff always on hand to help. The Holmes Place gym was great - very stylish and great to have a full health club when away on business. Will definitely choose this hotel for future visits to Warsaw.

Room Tip: Any corner room for a dramatic view. but all rooms will have good views.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Hilton_Warsaw_Hotel, General Manager at Hilton Warsaw Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2011

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for placing your kind comments on TripAdvisor and sharing your positive feedback on our hotel. I am pleased to hear you did enjoy our service, food as well as our spectacular views over the city.

Thank you for the recent visit and we hope to be able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed October 8, 2011

We visited Warsaw in December 2010 and it was very cold!! My partner was there on business so I was sightseeing on my own.

The hotel is positioned reasonably well within a 20 minute walk from the old town - with the cold this wasn't particularly enjoyable, but it was manageable. It is within 10 minutes of much of Warsaw's shopping streets/centres, and across the road is a petrol station for all those little essentials such as nibbles and soft drinks.

The hotel room itself is large with a nice bathroom. The hotel as a wonderful gym, steam room, massive jacuzzi area and pool. It has same sex steam rooms and mixed steam rooms too. This was a very pleasant part of my stay after having got so cold whilst out exploring the city. The staff are very helpful and there are always cabs available (hotel ones) or the staff will order you a 'normal' taxi (cheaper).

The hotel also has a casino. I had never been to a casino and I am not much of a gambler! We went just to ahve a look, and they provide you with free drinks and something a little different to what I would normally do.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel - I enjoyed my stay, and it's location is well placed in order to reach the main Warsaw attractions.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank twickenhamteacher

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for being our Guest and for sharing your views of our hotel. We are certainly delighted to hear you appreciated your stay with us so much.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Warsaw in not too distant future, hopefully in more favourable weather conditions.

Best regards,

Reviewed October 3, 2011

Booked the Hilton on an advance saver rate of $75. It was great for the price. Pros: 1. Nice large rooms with good views of the city. 2. Large buffet breakfast with nice selections 3. Access to a great gym in the building with a nice pool and lots of attractive Warsovians working out. The "stylish" gym for the moment in the city. Very nice and large sauna. Cons: 1. Hotel is far from everything and a taxi is needed for most attractions. 2. Geared towards conferences and conventions so the hotel lobby can be quite hectic most days. All in all a great deal if you can get a super saver rate.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Hilton_Warsaw_Hotel, General Manager at Hilton Warsaw Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your stay with us and for taking the time to share your feedback on this website.

We are delighted to read you have enjoyed your recent visit at the Hilton Warsaw in all the aspects mentioned.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed October 2, 2011

Except for the location of the hotel outside the city center would be hard to find negatives. In particular executive floors can be warmly recommended to all!

Room Tip: Anyway executive room (higher floors).
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Your positive comments regarding our hotel are much appreciated.

We are pleased to hear you enjoy our facilities and service and find our executive floors especially worth visiting and recommending.

Many thanks for choosing the Hilton Warsaw.

With kind regards,

Reviewed September 30, 2011

Being a regular visitor to Warsaw I decided this time to test the Hilton, having for years stayed at the Sheraton. I was particularly attracted to the swimming facilities at the Hilton, so trunks and goggles packed, off I set. Arrival and check in were first class, and the hotel makes an impressive first impression: modern, spacey, welcoming, oozing quality. The room was excellently finished, spacious and very comfortable. Breakfast is held in a spacious groundfloor restaurant and offers the usual variety, but nothing to blow you away. On the downside, the shower cubicle leaked water into the bathroom and smelt from the drainage pipe - not something you expect of such a hotel. The whirring of the lifts which could be heard via the air conditioning / air vents was also not great, even though my room was not directly next to the lift shaft. The swimming pool also disappointed, unfortunately, as half was taken up by an aerobics class and the other 2 lanes were so narrow that it was no pleasure at all when more than one person was in a lane.
On the whole I had a good stay, but the Hilton certainly didn't live up to my expectation. Swimming pool or not, next time its back to the Sheraton for me.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your stay with us. The interesting and detailed feedback you kindly posted on this website is much appreciated.

We have taken on board the constructive comments you have made and will follow up to improve where necessary.

We certainly hope to be able to welcome you back to the Hilton Warsaw and meet or even exceed your expectations upon your future visits.

With best regards,

Reviewed September 30, 2011

If you like big hotels with good comfortable rooms, than this hotel is a great choice. From the 10th floor up the view out of the relatively big rooms is great. The beds are comfy but a bit too soft for my taste. Prepare to wake up with back pains if you tend towards them. I have never found condoms in the mini bar before - I don't know what people usually do there, but they seem to be expecting quite a bit of action there. Guess it's because it is a conference hotel and things happen at conferences. And good news for smokers: there are rooms you can smoke in. Hard to find these days.
What I did not like was the fact that it only had one accessible power outlet for charging phone, laptop and toothbrush and that I had to pay 9 € for wifi access. And the location is not so good. Bring your walking shoes - it will take you about 45 minutes to walk to the old town center and 30 minutes to walk to the new down town area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at the Hilton Warsaw Hotel & Convention Centre and for placing your comments.

We have taken careful note of the improvement needs mentioned and will follow up on these points.

We hope to be able to welcome you back the Hilton Warsaw soon.