“Like your home away from home. Only better.”

Hilton Warsaw Hotel & Convention Centre
Ranked #12 of 123 Hotels in Warsaw
Salt Lake City, UT
“Like your home away from home. Only better.”
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Hilton Warsaw is a new, luxurious hotel in Warsaw. It's located on Grzybowska Street, a little bit away from the main downtown, but still within walking distance to many attractions, like Old Town. The Warsaw Uprising Museum is just across the street and definitely worth the visit. The tram station is very close as well and from there you can catch a ride to virtually anywhere in the city.

Entire staff, from check-in desk, through concierge to servers speak English. Everyone was very polite and thoughtful.

The hotel is exceptionally clean. The rooms are spacious and inviting. Floor-to-ceiling windows, a couch, adequate work-space, mini-bar (ridiculously expensive, of course), tea, coffee, water. Feather light comforter with duvet, very comfortable bed. The bathroom is huge, large bathtub and a separate, tiled shower. Large, plush towels and bathrobes. Guest service is prompt and courteous. Forgot your razor? No problem, someone will be at your door within 5 minutes with a complimentary kit. Need a bottle opener? Will be there for you. Concierge will be happy to guide you and point things on the map. Very impressed with the service level.

The hotel has 3 restaurants/bars. One didn't seem to be open. We had drinks at the main lobby floor lounge. They were exceptional, I wish I could remember the name of my drink. It had the word "Energizer" in it, I think. Reminded me of mojito. There's also a restaurant where we had our breakfast. It's a buffet and I can honestly say it was THE BEST buffet breakfast I had ever had. The were tons of choices.

Overall, we had amazing experience. And at about $80 a night (sale price) with free breakfast this was a absolute steal. This hotel will be definitely our first choice next time we're in Warsaw.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hatifnati
Hilton_Warsaw_Hotel, General Manager at Hilton Warsaw Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, September 16, 2011
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for placing your enthusiastic review of our property. I was delighted to hear you had much enjoyed our hotel and we managed to meet your expectations in so many aspects. Such feedback is most motivating for us.

It would be our pleasure if we could welcome you back to the Hilton Warsaw in the not too distant future.

Best regards,
Remco Norden

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Three nights over a long weekend at the start of September. A great property, just perhaps a few blocks too far from Old Town and other central sights for a walk-able, leisure-based stay (that said it’s close to the Warsaw Uprising Museum).

As a hotel + conference centre I got a hint of how busy it can get, on the Friday watched as hundreds and hundreds of wine-glass toting people came streaming out of the convention bit to go to the bar, but Sat through Monday there were no big conventions, subsequently quite a chilled out atmosphere.

Booked a corner room on a high floor – partial view over to the big Soviet-era skyscraper. Room very comfortable and well laid out, big double bed w super comfortable mattress (softish, feels almost like a tempur mattress), good sized bathroom w seperate shower and the usual Crabtree amenities (but no mouthwash, unlike the Hilton in London I stayed at earlier this summer). I liked that the room had a standard mini-bar fridge, and not one of those angry-making auto-charge ones (like in some other Hiltons) that bills your room if you accidently knock a couple of bottles whilst slotting in your chocolate bar, for example ; )

Used the restaurant for breakfast, had tea in the coffee shop one day, had room service a few times - all pretty decent hotel fayre. Range of breakfast options ok, no omelet station but hey ho, it was more fun to pick and mix your own eg scrambled eggs on one side, smoked salmon on the other.

A few niggles:
1) Desklamp not working in room (never used it anyway so didn’t report to maintainence);
2) Ice machine on my floor (19th) was broken, luckily the lifts aren’t carded so just popped down a floor each time to fill up the ice bucket
3) No international plug sockets in the room! In a business hotel! How you're supposed to recharge the batteries on your laptop/phone/camera/ipod whatever ie the essentials that every traveller carries around w themselves nowadays? I'm sure you could arrange for an adapter w reception, but really, it shouldn't be unusual for a new, business orientated establishment to have multi/universal sockets installed, at least at the desk.
4) There’s a charge for room service – Somebody needs to start a protest movement against this, as nowhere do they say your £4 or £5 is a service charge on the bill that goes to the staff, esp as the bill chits you sign have the tip space left blank or they’re even more delighted to accept cash. It’s just money that goes to the company's bottom line, so you in effect get charged three times – One for staying there, two for ordering food from them, three for getting it delivered to your room.

I walked everywhere that weekend, so can say that Warsaw seems quite a walkable city during clement weather, big wide pavements, shade from trees, very ordered traffic (and adherence to the traffic rules for both road-users and pedestrians), bikes on pavements but it wasn’t couriers racing round frightening people, rather couples or whole families biking at a very leisurely pace. The hotel was further out than most of the other main establishments, so if a leisure traveller you might want to review the location carefully to make sure it’s got everything you want before picking this place. I must have set an ambling pace (quite possible as I stopped to take photos), because it took me 30 minutes to get to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, and maybe 45 minutes to get to Old Town. On the Sunday walked to Lazienki Park and that easily took an hour +.

Used the hotel car back to the airport on Monday, and it was a reasonable 60z (around £14). I would have given this stay a 5 star rating, but each of the above 4 niggles subtracts a quarter-point each!

Room Tip: Select corner room (one grade up from king room), select "city view" upgrade at 10z/night
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Hilton_Warsaw_Hotel, General Manager at Hilton Warsaw Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your stay with us. The interesting and detailed feedback you were so kind as to share is much appreciated and we took careful note of all the compliments as well as the improvement needs mentioned.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Warsaw soon.

With best regards,

Budapest
Reviewed September 5, 2011

The Warsaw Hilton hotel is located a bit outside of the traditional tourist route, sorrounded by building sites and blocks of flats. However, we decided to stay there since it offered good rate and access to the good gym and swimming pool.

Indeed, 25 meter pool in the Holmes Place located in the same building was a highlight of our stay.

Otherwise, the rooms although rather large and well equiped, did not offer us good quality of sleep. There are several reasons why I would not recommend this hotel.
Firstly, the bed was very soft and uncomfortable. Secondly, we had difficulties with adjusting the airconditioning which made constant noise during the night. Thirdly, internet is available only with extra charge, as well as parking which is rather expensive. Moreover, as I already mentioned, the sourounding is not really appealing and we were rather uncomfortable walking back from the center in the evening. Finally, breakfast was totally not impressive and for example wafels and pancakes were not eatable at all.

Overall, if you like hard beds and good breakfast, rather do not stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: I booked good rate on line through rezerwuje.pl
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your stay and for sharing the feedback.

It was good to hear you appreciated a few important aspects of your stay, such as the impressive fitness centre and swimming pool as well as our rates and the size and equipment of our rooms.

I was sorry to hear that at the same time you were disappointed with other issues. We have taken careful note of your critical comments and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

We hope to have a chance to welcome you back to the Hilton Warsaw in the future.

Kind regards,
Bournemouth
Reviewed September 2, 2011

The building itself is mostly glass, so lots of rooms have great views overlooking the city. Our view was mostly of a building site though!. Rooms were nice and cliean with all facilities you would expect. They were filming Polish 'Match of the day' in the lobby while we were eating breakfast. Food and service was good in the restaurant. I woulld recommend and would stay again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for having chosen the Hilton Warsaw Hotel & Convention Centre for your stay in Warsaw and for taking the time to share your feedback.

I was pleased to see you had enjoyed your overall stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Warsaw Hotel & Convention Centre in the future.

With kindest regards,

Paris, France
Reviewed August 31, 2011

One wouldn't expect any particular charm or attitude from a 26 storeys newly build business hotel but could expect this business hotel to be best at its first aim : facilitating business... So when you check in and find out that the internet connection is not working, the expectation is that this will be dealt with when you speak about it.. I did so... I got a guy in the room telling me this is the first time he sees that and he doesn't have a clue about what's going on, inviting me to try my luck at the business centre (which I actually did to validate that the problem was not from my computer and also because I had urgent mails to deal with) and then leaving... I raised the problem again at the reception, they pretended to take note but I didn't get any more news and just noticed that I never got the network in the room... I was not in Warsaw for pleasure, this issue didn't make my stay comfortable and I would never go back to this hotel... There is enough competition around.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Mesmar
Thank you for taking the time to post review on this website.

I was sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your recent stay at the hotel and apologise for the fact that you did not receive suitable assistance with resolving any Internet connection issues that might have arisen during your stay with us.

We always endeavour to offer the highest level of service and it would appear that on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations. Your comments have of course been taken on board.

We do hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion, we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel at some point in the future, when you will be able to enjoy our 30 Mbs Internet throughout the hotel and without any difficulties.

Kind regards,
Warsaw
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Stayed there last weekend. Check in extremely fast without any problems. Room not big but enough for business travel. Launch not big and not a lot of choices of food. But what was really iritating is staff in launch - Had an impression that I am not welcome there. I really do not know what is wrong there but definitelly there is lack of this something special that would make this place different in plus. Hence still room for improvement fo staff in launch.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for having chosen the Hilton Warsaw for your recent stay.
I was pleased to read you were satisfied with your overall stay. It concerned me, however, to read there were also some challenging aspects. We have carefully analysed your feedback and taken on board your suggestions for improvement.
We look forward to be able to welcome you back to our hotel soon and show you our usual high level of service in all areas.

Many thanks & best regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2011

This Hilton is truly excellent.

It is new which helps - but the staff and service are very very good.

The food is not only good - but very well presented.

Service, lifts, English language television - all very good.

I tried to find some "not good" things and can only resort to saying that the beds are a bit soft - but that is down to personal preference.

There is one thing - the location is 30-40 minutes walk from the old town - but clearly the hotel was built in the middle of a developing new business neighbourhood.

We loved it and would return with no hesitation.

Room Tip: Try to get rooms as high up as possible for the best views of the city.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at the Hilton Warsaw and for complimenting us on TripAdvisor.
I was delighted to read you found our hotel satisfactory in so many aspects and hope to be able to welcome you back soon.

With kind regards,