“review...”
Review of Hotel Harenda

Hotel Harenda
Ranked #74 of 127 Hotels in Warsaw
Reviewed October 20, 2010

I think this hotel would have a better service at the reception, but also nicer. I waited a long time receptionist lady goes to the lady. I was there about a week, and the corridor came the screams loud and profane cleaning ladies rooms. Mr Peace would pay more to work because I was in a hotel about a week and have not noticed any effect cleaning eg stains on the stairs after spilled drink.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed October 21, 2009

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights on our trip through Poland in september/october. It's a 10 minute walk from all the important tourist spots in the city. Rooms are bright and spacious and have a marvellous bathroom. There's free internet in the lobby and the buffet breakfast was great. There's a club at the back of the hotel but even though we stayed there during the weekend we didn't hear any noise coming from it.
A minus point is that there was no elevator so you have to carry your bags up the stairs.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank petalouda84
Reviewed February 17, 2008

Me and my wife stayed in this hotel when we visited Warsaw in Febuary 2008, and it is really good.

It is just 10 minutes walk to the Palace, Old Town and Barbacan... and 15-20 from the Train station and Science and Culture Building (Big Stallin style building in heart of the city).

Not a bad price, and if you are staying for the weekend, it is really great value, as you get the 2nd night free.

Rooms are basic, but very clean... with 3 fresh bottles of water waiting for you every morning!

Could be a little more in terms of tv (only channels in English was BBC World and CNN... with mostly Polish channels, and 1 or 2 German and Russian) and on most the signal is rubbish.

Breckfast is wonderful... a sellection of bread,meats, cheese and salads that really fills you up for the whole day (get there early to get the good stuff though)

Couple of down points though :-( our room was to the back of teh hotel facing the courtyard of the Roosters resturant next door (Polish style Hooters resturant), and it had a motion light that got set off every two minutes, and on the Friday night there was a kind of Disco on, but not enough to not let you get to sleep).

We got the bus from the Airport to the Hotel, but the name of the stop only appears for two seconds, so we missed the stop and got lost trying to find the hotel.

All in all... Warsaw is really nice, but the type of place you can see in a day or two, but if traveling through Warsaw, I will stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank wanderer_scotland
Reviewed April 4, 2007

The hotel had a brilliant location and the hotel itself was ok.
If you get a good deal, this hotel is ok but I wouldnt stay there if I had to pay more. The single rooms were fairly small but ok.
The tv was only in black and white for the first 2 days and they only had one english channel - SKY!!!! and the signal went out all the time. They should cater more for their english speaking travellers instead of having lots of german speaking channels.
the window could not close so it was cold in the room during the night and the alarm clock in the room was set 30 minutes late.
Just small things that gets annoying during a stay. The cleaning was great, the atmosphere in the hotel was good, that friendliness of the staff was great. Didnt have the breakfast.
The hotel could use a lift as there were many steps up to 2nd floor. I stayed out of season but even then there was a lot of noise and music coming from a bar....could imagine in summer that could be a major problem
So yes - I can recommend the hotel if you get a good deal...if not - find a hotel with an extra star.
Have a good trip

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank charliexx
Reviewed November 28, 2006

Great location but there is a lot of street noise coming from outside as the hotel is located right next to the university and other functional buildings. No elevators, but comfy rooms. Basic rudimentary breakfast, better eat somewhere else..

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled solo
2  Thank Tatun
Reviewed September 9, 2006

We had a group of thirty family and friends stay for two nights at the Harenda during the end of August. The Hotel is a bit dated but has an excellent location. Minutes to walk to Old Town, and all tourist location. It is also close to downtown, about a 10-15 minute walk. The rooms are all different sizes. My wife and myself had trouble turning around at the same time, while other family members had large to extra large rooms. Two importent tips: Ask for a large room and donot stay on the street side of the hotel. The maid service is outstanding. The housekeeper even agreed to do our laundry as we were unable to find a laundromat. She did an outstanding job. So good that we increased her fee by 50%. She was amazing. Breakfast was excellent. Since we stayed on a weekend, we were given one night free. Except for being awakened 3 times by empty bottles being dumped in the dumpster compliments of the bar downstairs, we had an enjoyable stay.
P.S. There is no "lift", and the steps are many.

• Stayed: August 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Acewitte
Reviewed August 21, 2006

Having mainly traveled in the U.S. and therefore using U.S. hotels as a standard I just wanted to write a quick review of the Hotel Harenda in Warsaw Poland. The Harenda Hotel is situated somewhat in downtown Warsaw between the old town and the shopping district. Location wise it's about a 15 minute walk to the Royal Castle and about 5 minutes to the shopping district. The hotel itself is in a converted office building so the size of the rooms are comparible to a typical european office about 15ft by 10ft. The room I stayed in wasn't air conditioned, so I would imagine that the other rooms aren't either. Not necessarily an issue but I was there in August which is hot and humid. The hotel offers a continental type breakfast, however it far surpasses the typical continental breakfasts in the U.S. Expect fresh deli meats, eggs, sausage, coffee, tea, juices, fresh breads, jams etc. All in all quite good by my standards. The location felt safe, I never really worried about leaving belongings in the room like my digital camera etc. Additionally the hotel has cameras in all the hallways and a security guard in the lobby 24/7. Right across the street is a small corner store that carries most things you would need. In my case a bar of soap, wine etc. Also located on the hotel grounds is a restaurant and bar which is quite busy on the weekends, so I imagine that it's decent. Across the streer is a wine bar, where I had several drinks, quite good and fairly priced considering we had 6 drinks for about $30 U.S. Additionally around the corner is a nice restaurant and internet cafe, that will give you 10 free minutes of internet access with the purchase of a 1/2 liter beer. All in all a decent hotel, however if you are looking for traditional european luxury look elsewhere. The clientelle seemed to be primarily business class but I also saw families and single travelers. The housekeeping vaccum's, cleans the bathroom, and makes the bed as well as provides fresh towels daily. They were quite accomodating when we asked for a fan as well as extra water, typical 2 bottles complimentary daily. Price point was somewhat lower than other international hotels we looked at, in our case about $60 a day cheaper. The front desk associates also spoke decent english, and let us leave our bags there before we checked in.

6  Thank gilafly