Hampton by Hilton Warsaw Airport is a new hotel that has been operating for the last 2 months, I think. The exterior is nice but the parking lot is quite small and you're forced to leave your car without any kind of protection from sun/rain/other weather factors - the fee is small, though.
Receptionists are still new to the job so they often seem quite stressed out and they tend not to crack a smile at all whenever they're helping you. But at the same time, they're extremely helpful: for example, I didn't bring a comb with me and the reception had individually packed ones in the drawer which they gave me free of charge. They also allowed me to stay past the usual checkout time [12pm] for free.
The localization is great if you're traveling to Warsaw by plane. It's only 1km away from the airport and there's a regular shuttle service to the hotel every 30minutes or so. If you're traveling by bus or train you gotta take the 175 bus line from "Dw. Centralny 06" stop or tram lines 7/9 from "Dw. Centralny 10" tram stop. I recommend the bus line as it stops near the hotel - if you take the tram, you'd be forced to walk for 10+ minutes along the 17 Stycznia street or take the 154/317 buses to 17 Stycznia bus stop.
I was staying in a room with queen sized bed and a sofa and I gotta say it was excellent. You're provided with a safe in your room that will just about hold your 13" laptop in it. There's also a mini-closet with hangers, iron and ironing board. In the bathroom, you're provided w/ 3 pairs of towels which are fluffy and amazing. :D There's also a decent hairdryer and soap/hand cream/body soap/shampoo/conditioner provided.
Of course there is also TV present with about 23 channels available, laptop base for when you don't want to work on your laptop by the desk and a small kettle that is able to hold enough water for 2 cups of tea/coffee [you're provided with 3-4 packets of tea and 2 kinds of coffee+white/brown sugar and sweetener].
Breakfasts and the bar section of the lobby in general are very good, indeed. During my stay, the hotel offered a lavish spread at b-fast including everything from egg salad, frankfurters and bacon through French pastries and croissants to 4 kinds of cereal w/ 2 kinds of milk, 3 kinds of juices and tea/coffee. You can always eat lunch and dinner over there too, but for me 21zł for pierogies is a bit too much. There's also a 24/7 snack bar packed full w/ everything you'd need to satisfy a late night craving.
The only downsides I've found:
- rock hard beds: I dunno if it was just my problem but even though I am 21 years old and I could fall asleep on any surface that is even remotely flat, the mattress in my bed was really hard. When you press it, it doesn't give in at all. But like I said, I didn't mind - you might, though.
- location: close to the airport, but not close to anything in particular, especially if you want to eat something outside of the bar in the hotel - then you have to go in your car and drive up to the usually very crowded city center. Or get in the bus/tram and spend 30min getting there.
- card operated elevators: this is a really dumb idea. The card that you use to access your room also has to be used every time you choose a floor you wanna go to in the elevator. I get that this is a neat safety feature preventing thieves from getting to guests' rooms but when you're swiping your car against the sensor and pushing the button w/ the # of the floor you wanna go to for the 10th time in a row, it really gets annoying. They have to change the sensors or do something to the software.
But all in all, I totally recommend this hotel. It has the potential to become a really amazing place 'cause it already has a near perfect balance of price and quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our promise to you includes a clean, comfortable hotel room. If you're traveling with your family, you may opt for a room with a sofa bed. Or, if you're here by yourself on business, why not book a room with a plush, double-sized bed so you can stretch out and relax? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton by Hilton Warsaw Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.