“Not a restaurant”

Orient Lounge
Cuisines: Turkish
“Not a restaurant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Whilst looking at the menu outside the waitress persuaded us to eat here. What a waste of time and money.
Firstly we asked if we could have a table outside as we wished to smoke. We were told that we could smoke inside so were seated inside. This is not true. This place specialises in sheesha so they tried to sell us that instead.
We ordered 2 starters & 2 mains. After 45 minutes of waiting & no food appearing we asked where it was. We were told that there was only 1 person in the kitchen so it would be a while longer. Considering nobody else was eating & the waitress persuaded us to eat here, this was not acceptable.
After an hour we had finished our wine & told the waitress that we were leaving & asked for the bill for the wine. She disappeared & returned with all 4 dishes instead.
At this point we were so hungry we stayed to eat.
I wish I hadnt bothered.
The chicken won ton soup was edible but consisted of a bowl of coloured greasy water with won tons which had been flash fried after steaming.
The pad thai was vile. After 3 mouthfuls I couldnt eat any more. It actually tasted of vomit instead of the spices promised on the menu. We complained to the waitress who initially said that I obviously hadnt eaten pad thai in Poland before. I explained that I had and how this plate tasted of sick. She whisked the plate away with an apology again that there was only 1 person in the kitchen. No alternatives were offered. For reference, the dish I was served was plain noodles (no spice), tomatoes & chicken with a fried egg on top. In other words, not pad thai.
My friends malaysian chicken was ok but she was disapponted too.
We asked what they were going to do about my bad food & they took 14 zloty / £2.80 off a 140 zloty bill. I felt bad for the waitress as she was obviously embarrassed by what had been served & the delays.
If the kitchen is only manned by 1 person who cannot cope with serving a bowl of soup in less than an hour, then staff should not be persuading the public to eat here.
It was a shame that the service & food was so poor as we had already decided on a dessert & more wine here due to the music & atmosphere (we didnt have either).
If you just want a drink & club music then this place is great.
This is not a restaurant.

• Visited September 2013

Warsaw, Poland
“top experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is a place you must know when clubbing in Warsaw. You get a service delivered by human beings, not usual night creatures that usually scupper the whole experience. It's a joint in which you can enjoy a delicious drink and dance to a really cool music. This place has it all!

• Visited June 2013