“Fantastic Free Walking Tour”

Orange Umbrella Free Tour
Ranked #6 of 147 Tours in Warsaw
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: You just got to Warsaw? Do you need a quick introduction to the city that would be fun and informative at the same time? Well, here we are!;) Join our free walking tour run by professional city guides - we're local and we love to show our city to travelers looking for more than just an average tour of churches and monuments! We run our tours every day, holidays included, according to the schedule on our website. To ensure quality and personal experience, our groups are limited to 25 people, so booking is required. Please visit our website for more information and then look for our guide with THE ORANGE UMBRELLA! ;) OUR SCHEDULE* Old Town Tour - Everyday 10AM Best of Warsaw Tour - Everyday 11AM Jewish Warsaw Tour - Tue/Thu/Sat 1:30PM World War II in Warsaw - Mon/Wed/Fri/Sun 1:30PM *valid November 2018 - March 2019
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Walking tours are a fantastic way to see a city! These tours are such a great concept to ensure everyone visiting gets out and learns about the city's history.

Gosia was our tour guide and she really knew her stuff - her english was great, she had a sense of humor and covered a lot of history without boring anyone. She had a very large group to deal with and did a great job of speaking loudly enough and answering everyones questions. People can join at any time. Ideal if you are solo as you just slot on in with the group.

I learnt a lot about Warsaw and really enjoyed the tour. You cover a large area and see all the monuments and important sites. There is so much history here.

They even treat you at the end! Be sure to give a good tip to your tour guide!

Thoroughly recommend the tour!

1  Thank Ani0707
Write a ReviewReviews (1,168)
All reviews
in 25 reviews
"english"
in 47 reviews

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Beata, our tour guide, took a disparate group of many nationalities and turned us into a single entity; all in search of her knowledge.
The tour lasts a couple of hours, goes in a flash and covers parts of the Old Town which you would never find on your own.
If you visit this city, here is where you start.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Whichever city I go to I think the best way to explore the city and know most of the details is through a guided walking tour. So when I came to Warsaw I picked the free orange walking tour (there were flyers in our hostel). It was a rainy Sunday morning no really anticipating the rains i went for the tour. The lady was friendly and kind to even offer me her umbrella (nevertheless I bought one for myself)
She was polish and knew about the culture, history, modernization that has happened in Warsaw. She gave us insightful information about the various churches, palaces and the city in general. The walking tour covers most of the major sites in Warsaw, particularly in the old town area. not once did i get bored listening to the guide she shared some typical polish jokes as well to keep us all entertained. In the end of the tour you also get to try the typical Polish way of enjoying Vodka in a bar along with some nibbles. I will definitely recommend this tour to anyone visiting Warsaw

1  Thank global_desi_girl
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We were walking and exploring on our own and then came across our tour guide Michael and he let us join and was really funny and knowledgeable. It was apparent that he wanted people to see that Warsaw has so much more to it than the sadness of WW2. We had a great thourough tour of the old town and I didnt feel like I missed a thing. We were even able to step inside one of the many famous churches. The tour ended with a free no pressure vodka shot, and an open time for questions. I asked "I am going to a Polish wedding, in terms of vodka am I in trouble?" He replied simply "Oh Yes." +10 points for honesty... :)

1  Thank Marisa G