“Good, but not exceedingly good”

Why Thai Food & Wine
Ranked #96 of 2,777 Restaurants in Warsaw
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Went to Why Thai at 22h on a Saturday night because they advertised that they were open until 1 AM. Both of us had various beef dishes that were good. Also, shared a bottle of the house wine that was quite tasty. The meal was fine, until they began to rush us out of the restaurant at midnight. All of the employees stood around the cash register in the front and watched us eat our meals. It was pretty obvious that they were ready for us to leave at about midnight, one hour before closing time. Food was good, servers were friendly, but somehow we didn't feel exactly welcomed.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I largely avoid ethic restaurants in Poland since most have a distinctive Polish flavor - like cabbage in a burrito! Why Thai is one of those fine, rare exceptions that I expect will become a Warsaw treasure if it continues to build on its own success. Centrally located in Warsaw, it very clearly is more than a tourist attraction. Why Thai is also a favorite spot for Warsaw's ex-pat community, resulting in a very multicultural, light and excited atmosphere as the diners anticipate their meals and drinks. I've eaten Thai all over the world, but I've never had Thai duck. The duck was divine. The service was friendly, pleasant and timely without being intrusive. I'll be back! Kudos Why Thai!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Came here a month ago when it was listed as 1# on trip advisor.

When we walked in we were hit with the noise of happy diners laughing, and I'll be honest I was worried it was a popular local hotspot and they wouldn't need my custom, the front of house was full and the first member of staff we saw looked quite distracted, but 10 seconds later after he'd put his order through he was all ours, he brought us through to the back, three tables with a view of the chefs working away, it was actually quite romantic

We sat there watching our food being made, and luckily nobody joined us, without wanting to sound like a sap the background noise disappeared ( Maybe because of the company I was with or maybe because our seats were sheltered away ).

Anyway the food.
It's more fine dining than good old curry,
meaning everything was cooked beautifully but the portions weren't the greatest.
Starter, I had satay absolutely gorgeous
Then had the duck which was divine
only meal neither of us enjoyed was a rice dessert,
I know it was prepared perfectly but it wasn't to my particular taste (Hence I didn't order it, I just seemed to end up with it when she saw mine instead), however I did eat as much as I could, as it had been such a wonderfull meal and the service had been so good I wanted to enjoy it.

Warsaw is a brilliant place and its so cheap right now,
this place isn't the cheapest but you went to a restaurant with a similar standard of food here like chaophraya you'd pay 3 times the amount,

This would be my number two restaurant in Warsaw.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Downtown Thai restaurant with wellknown and classic Thai dishes. Good and friendly English speaking service

March 2013

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Great restaurant. Very modern decor rather than some typical Thai restaurants. Great service, great food, good wine and exceptional value.