“Old town tour is worth doing, you can skip the communist tour”

Free Walkative! - Tours Warsaw
Ranked #1 of 128 Tours in Warsaw
More attraction details
Owner description: In Warsaw we organize many different FREE walking TOURs and PAID tours! To learn more about all of them and see the most updated schedule, meeting points, information about paid tours and many more - visit our website!
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Having had lots of experience on these free tours, I was pretty excited to try the communist Warsaw tour. I did this one before the old town tour. I was really interested in knowing more about how communism started, how the times were, how it ended, etc. But it seemed like we got a lot of explanations about different buildings from communist times in the city and not much about context and life in Warsaw at that time. I saw someone from the tour the next day and they felt the same way as me. So I would say it's not worth your while and the tour probably needs to be beefed up with content and stories before it can be a worthwhile visit.

This made me hesitate a bit for taking the old town tour the next day, not being sure if I would get the same kind of tour. But I went anyway and the guide (Jack) was enthusiastic, funny and informative. Much better tour and lots of interesting information. This was definitely worth it and the guide earned his tip. I probably would have given it 5 out of 5, but since I am taking both tours into consideration, I have to knock it down a point for that. I can definitely recommend the old town tour.

1  Thank GloJul

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We enjoyed an informative and intelligent tour of the some of the historical sites of Warsaw. Our guide Jacek combined his love of Warsaw with a mix of interesting facts and advice, anecdotes and humour of the Polish culture whilst respectfully conveying the more heavier parts of Warsaw's turbulent years. An entertaining and enlightening afternoon and highly recommended.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We joined the free walking tour in Warsaw ( both Jewish Warsaw and old town Warsaw) . The tour was performed by Bart which is very kind, friendly and knowledgable. Thanks

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I took the Old Town and Jewish Ghetto Tours and found them so very interesting and thoughtfully presented. Agnes and Bart did an awesome job of engaging us and answering our questions. An incredible opportunity to understand the history that has shaped Warsaw and its people.
Lots of walking in the sunshine in beautiful surroundings. Thank you SO much!

1  Thank Beverley N
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We took all three tours available and they were all excellent. Well informed guides made the tours interesting and entertaining. Lots of walking but that's part of the adventure.

3  Thank jeevyet