All reviews free breakfast every evening free event common room own bathroom old town luggage storage pierogi coffee machine nice place to stay clean rooms wifi connection central station location is great stayed here for nights lockers dorm
Selected filters
Reviewed February 16, 2019

Love this place. It's definitely well situated and the prices couldn't get more affordable. Rooms are a bit small, however, it doesn't always get crowded. When it does - it's a bit inconvenient. Breakfast is lovely, love it. Staff is friendly, too. All in all, stayed there for 3 times already, it's always a great experience.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed November 26, 2018

We stayed in October for three nights in Warsaw Downtown Hostel. Stayed in 4 bed family room with ensuite bathroom. Very quiet, no traffic noise. The hostel was spotlessly clean and breakfast was adequate. Great location near the centre on the Royal Way close to public transport and plenty of restaurants. Staff were so friendly and helpful. Would recommend for a family stay.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 20, 2018 via mobile

Don’t choose this hostel. We stayed in there one night with a private room. Poor facility like aDon’t choose this hostel. We stayed in there one night with a private room. Poor facility like a rubbish because no hot shower provided in our private room . I think the staff hide the problem until we arrived. I had inform the staff that night but I never got any responses and solutions provided . The staff did not take any actions to fix it. Eventually I did not have other choice to take a very very cold shower this night. This was a disaster!!!!Besides the breakfast is disgusting and no elevator is extremely inconvenient This is the worst hostel in my traveling experience.Please choose others if you plan to stay in this poor hostel

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
RochBrzosko, Właściciel at Warsaw Downtown Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2018

Thank you for your review. We will look closely what was the issue and will react accordingly. We are sorry for any inconvenience that you might had. Our hostel is always open for any suggestions however elevator is not possible due to the fact that building is city heritage and we cant make any internal changes in the structure. Good luck on your trips!

Warsaw Downtown Hostel

Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

2 of us stayed here for 3 nights in Warsaw. We interacted mainly with Polina, one of the staff at Downtown and she was so friendly and helpful. Every night the hostel had an event and the first night we made Pierogi which was delicious, second we had tapas and the 3rd was a polish party, all of which were really good. There's always little snacks in the kitchen and a coffee machine as well - the kitchen and common area is spacious and there was a lot of complementary food and essentials available. We really enjoyed our stay at Downtown and would come back to it again!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 18, 2018

I was there last month. Unclean(unidentifiable, unpleasing dirt in the shower bottom and the room floor, photos). Defect facilities including the curtain (photo) which is obviously not fixed for a long time, mosquitoes, lies in the brochure (ex. free breakfast, which is not true), unstable Wi-Fi, miserable quality of breakfast comparing to the price (15 zl) in Poland (photo), "free events" which few are interested in, impolite and irresponsible manager who speaks up (shout, in fact, not only to me but also to her worker) to a guest due to a trouble of the hostel's own responsibility (broken water pipes, in the case at the time) without any apology. A person in the same room was also disturbed. I was quite shocked of the manager's behavior, without any apology or trial of any damage control of such a problem messing up guests' plan in the morning. She even shouted abruptly when I wanted to bring some water from the kitchen which a receptionist of the previous day allowed me to use freely, without any additional remark. Her impolite behavior should be underlined when she tells a guest "Just go" from the common area, I swear I did not do any impolite behavior, as if she is my chef. Obviously she has no worry because she herself is the manager, regarding how she told the cleaning lady there. Some might be lucky not to have such an experience. But be careful. There are already several reasons why this hostel is terrible, as I expained with the pictures.

Room tip: Don't take the bed next to the window in the summertime. Mosquitoes and sunlight. And the curtain is broken.
Date of stay: July 2018