“Beautiful park”

$264.17*
Half Day Cycling Tour - Green Warsaw
Ranked #1 of 373 things to do in Warsaw
More attraction details
Owner description: Magnificent palatial and garden complex was built by King Stanislaw August Poniatowski during the second half of the eighteenth century and features the neoclassical Palace on the Water (Lazienki Palace) surrounded by magnificent gardens, canals and ponds.
Reviewed November 25, 2013

It's one of my favourite places in Warsaw. It's a very beautiful, relaxing and romantic place full of beautiful trees (colours in autumn are really gorgeous), ponds and 18th century architecture.

As I live in Warsaw here is a small piece of advice - if you can, try visit the park during the week. It can be very crowded during the weekends especially if the weather is nice

Reviewed November 24, 2013

As part of our guided city tour we were left at the top gate of the park and enjoyed a downhill walk trough the park. Lazienki park is a really nice, green park with very nice trees, palaces, ponds and statues. A very relaxing place to go at a nice sunny weather. You can check my photos for more detail.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I was here at the end of September and the leaves were changing so I had beautiful fall colors. There are a few buildings, lots of Chinese lanterns, flowers, statues, lakes, monuments, amphitheater, and wildlife. It is easy to spend a few hours here just walking around. Great place for a picinic and a rest from the city sightseeing. there is also the palace on the water here but it was closed off

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I am a Polish-American living in NY; I visit Warsaw often being fluent in both languages

I come here almost every time I visit Warsaw. It is a huge park built between 1775-1778 as a bathing pavilion for King Stanislaw August which then became his summer residence. You get to see beautiful monuments (such as Chopins-destroyed by the Nazis and restored), an amphitheater, cafe (which typical fancy Polish ice cream sundaes), the Old Orangery (one of the few surviving court theaters in the world), little white house (summer house for the kings sisters), and palace on the water (which was burned down by the Nazis after the uprising but never bombed as was the plan-thousands of holes were bored into the walls so that dynamite could be placed in, many of the important pieces in this buildings, just like most important buildings in Poland during WWII, were stolen by the Nazis and taken back to Germany), Myślewicki Palace, Temple of Diana, Water tower; I'm sure I'm missing a few places.

It's a peaceful place when Warsaw's city life becomes too much. There are peacocks everywhere- just listen for them, cats sitting on benches, many red squirrels (in NY we don't have red ones so I'm so fond of them), and other wildlife. I easily spend 2 hours here and have been here in every season. Enjoy it, not many places have a huge park with many historical buildings in the middle of a busy city.

=) HAVE FUN!

2  Thank burtonpatty
Reviewed November 2, 2013

My husband and I spent about an hour or two at this lovely park. It has extensive grounds, which include beautiful mature trees, several statues/monuments, a lake and lots of wildlife. During our walk, we saw, amongst others, squirrels, birds and peacocks. There is a cafe, where in good weather you could sit outside, and where we enjoyed waffles and waffers filled with cream...delicious. There is also a small shop with souveniers at the entrance of the park. If you are lucky enough to encounter a young woman selling a box with cookies (three to a pretty little box), buy one or more. They were really excellent.