“Nice boutique hotel”

Ranked #2 of 126 Hotels in Warsaw
Warsaw, Poland
“Nice boutique hotel”
Reviewed December 29, 2010

I booked this hotel with promo code (about half the price). So my experience was connected to this price. In my opinion it is nice hotel with unique experience in each room. I think that regular price is slighly overpriced - the most important drawback is location - in the city center, but outside major routes. So waiting time for a cab is similar to the walking time, but walking time is slighly too long for convenience. But in a general it is very nice hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed December 25, 2010

Normally I stay at the Sofitel Victoria, great central location with great rates and great breaky.
This time i found the Rialto, so stylish, so nice , and amazing decoration and atmosphere.
if you want something else than the classical 5 star multinational hotels this will definitely be your cup of tea

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Lambertville, New Jersey
Reviewed November 21, 2010

I stayed 2 nights at the Rialto on a Fri and Sat night. First the good news:
The hotel is charming in the way of a boutique hotel. The staff were extremely accomodating and friendly, definitely gave the impression they cared. The restaurant was adequate to need and there is a small bar on the premises. It is very convenient to the airport and to a couple of the larger Universities. The room was very adequate to needs, fully modernized and the bed was very comfortable.

For tourists, it is probably not ideal. It is a good 30 minute walk to the Old City Center. There is a great new shopping mall about 10 minutes walk. The neighborhood is not dodgy, but can seem a bit seedy at night. On Saturday night, there must be some type of club nearby, because I heard noise until at least 3:00 a.m. No noise on Friday night though. Price was reasonable (except for internet fee, which was unusually high). Also, internet connection very spotty. I only had the breakfast, and it was adequate. Not a huge selection, but met the needs.

I would stay again if I had the same exact business, but only because I put high priority on getting from airport to hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Wroclaw
Reviewed August 30, 2010

Very nice and stylish Art Deco hotel with most art deco things around the reception and some in the rooms are original . Breakfast is excellent as the restaurant employs one of the best Polish cooks (but don't expect the normal things like bacon and scrambled eggs) the restaurant is refined...
Internet is super expensive which is quite unusual in PL as normally it is free.
Also, there is no swimming pool which would be nice for a 5 star hotel

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Katowice, Poland
Reviewed July 11, 2010

Have stayed at the top floor in a small room, not cozy or v comfortable. Street nose rather annoying, since needed to keep window open - no AC. Bed ok, nice bathroom. Buffet breakfast reasonable. Hotel in a decent location, but avoid walking in the evening. Reception and restaurant staff friendly, designer hotel, style early XX century.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 27, 2010

I wish I could give this hotel a 5 star rating, because the location was the only major downfall. It was really clean, looked really nice, and has a great restaurant and bar inside. The rooms were very large and nice. The neighborhood is not that great, although it is pretty central in Warsaw. I would have much rather stayed in Old Town Warsaw after seeing it, but of course the hotel prices are more than triple there. If you also want to see Lazenski park, this is a good location. We walked back from the park to this hotel. I wouldn't recommend walking around at night though. That wasn't too much of a problem as we stayed in the hotel bar and ate dinner there one night. The dinner was really nice, but the drinks are expensive. I think our food and drink tab at the end of the stay was more than the cost of the room. Of course my husband drank several bottles of wine, which is really expensive in Poland. Stick to the vodka. All in all, great hotel for the money and you won't be disappointed with anything inside the hotel. If you want the nightlife as well, maybe this isn't the location for you.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed June 7, 2010

I stayed at the Rialto for three nights in September 2009 with my mom, and although it was beautiful, that's about where it ended. I did not find the staff helpful at all. The first night we were there, we asked where there was a restaurant close by and the only answer we got was "we're downtown. There are lots of restaurants." He couldn't even point us in the right direction, so with that advice we just started walking in any which direction. Turns out that was the one direction that lead to nothing. The rooms were not quiet at all. We could hear people just walking outside our room. Even the people what were talking quietly in the hall sounded like they were in the room with us. The next day when we asked if they would be able to call us a cab, they mentioned that they had their own driver who could take us where we wanted to go. We knew that the personal driver would cost more, so we declined and asked again for a cab. But he never called a cab. Instead he called the driver, and then told us that the cab was outside. The driver was waiting on the curb and asked when we walked out if we were waiting for the "cab". I can understand how the hotel would want to use their own driver, but at double the cost of a cab, I thought that it was a sleazy move. I understand that it might have just been the staff that was on during our stay, but it really turned me off from this hotel.

• Stayed September 2009