3,510 results
All reviews top floor swimming pool harp player the club lounge great hotel pillow menu old town corner room health club hard rock cafe shopping mall nespresso machine great room an upgrade train station large bathroom fitness center
Selected filters
Reviewed December 2, 2018

I stayed her for four nights with my wife. A lovely, quiet room on floor 22. Had the breakfast every day. Suffice to say that everything was excellent, except for: 1) the hotel seems to be unable to provide a reliable internet connection. The password I was given when I checked in did not work, and I was eventually given a replacement. This replacement itself did not last long; I have memories of being on the phone to one of other people to try to get this resolved. Nobody seemed to want to take responsibility for this: I was referred from 'pillar to post', despite having initially phoned the exact number the hotel specified for such problems. This 'unwillingness to take responsibility' I attribute to a poor culture, the responsibility for which must rightly fall to management. 2) the dining room was cold; this spoiled our enjoyment of breakfast until - towards the end of our holiday - we asked to eat at a table that was just outside the dining room; this was much better. Despite the very welcome live harp music, the atmosphere in the dining room at breakfast was tense and uncomfortable, though I guess this could be down to the type of guest staying at the hotel at the time.

Room tip: My room on floor 22 was quiet
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ICWarsaw, Assistant to the General Manager at InterContinental Warszawa, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing us a review.
Please accept our sincerest apology for the problems with Internet connection and any inconvenience you may have encountered which affected your stay negatively.
The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Rest assured that your comments will be looked into and take actions accordingly.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will visit us again in not too distant future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed November 27, 2018 via mobile

The intercontinental Warsaw is much more then 5 stars hotel
Location 5 about 1 km from the old city center
Room 5 well equipped large and nice working corner
The bar 5 with large selection of single malt
Gym 5 large well equipped with 3 sections one for aerobe one for power and one for spinning and marshals arts
The breakfast 5 with a selection of local food and a beautiful harp player in the dining room

Trip type: Traveled on business
ICWarsaw, Assistant to the General Manager at InterContinental Warszawa, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a good review on TripAdvisor. We are glad to learn that you were pleased with your recent stay at the InterContinental Warszawa and appreciated our facilities - breakfast, room equipment and gym.

We’re looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed November 26, 2018

The Intercontinental did everything right. It started off well, with the receptionist who pointed to the place where I had to sign my name, rather than just putting a big X beside the place. Generally, he was very polite but without going over the top. The same was true with the woman I spoke to when I checked out. They are trained well. The first receptionist also told me that I'd been upgraded to a deluxe room that had been renovated this year -- and my word, it was an amazing room!

First of all, it was big, and the bathroom had both a bath and a shower (as well as a retractable clothes line for hanging up any washing you might do in the room). The bed was big and very comfortable, and I slept like a log. The windows are sufficiently soundproofed - I didn't hear a thing. I've stayed in several hotels in the centre of Warsaw, and 2 of them felt like my bed was in between the lanes of a busy motorway. The room was also very dark. In the morning, there was only the minimum of light coming from the top of the curtains. Otherwise, the room was in pitch darkness. Again - so appreciated!

One Godsend is the number of sockets - more than enough for the average person. On one side of the bed there is one socket + 2 USB sockets, and on the other side there are 2 further sockets. Beside the desk there was also a socket, as well as a cable for wired internet. I used the free wifi and it was more than sufficient for my needs (although I forgot to run a speed test).

The restaurant is on the 1st floor. After giving my room number, I was shown to a table beside the window (most other places just let you find your own table). The first thing I noticed was the harpist! Everybody should have a harpist playing while they eat breakfast at least once in their life! She played beautifully, and there was a mix of classical music as well easy listening standards like Memory, from the musical Cats. As for the food, again, it can't be faulted. There was a huge selection of hot and cold options, as well as a chef to make you an omelette (or whatever else) of your choice. There was even a little heated cabinet to keep some pastries warm. Aside from regular white or brown sliced bread, there were rolls and several types of artisan bread.

The hotel is right beside the Palace of Culture, and the main train station is within walking distance (even if you're trundling a suitcase behind you).

I really can't fault this hotel. It's the best place I've ever stayed.

I was in room 3112.

• Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear Guest,

thank you for posting such a lovely review of our property and recommend InterContinental Warszawa to other travellers.

Your words state a great value for the entire team. We are happy and proud that our everyday’s work reflects on our guests’ satisfaction and great memories after check-out. Your kind comments are very much appreciated!
We are delighted, that you liked our breakfast buffet, enjoyed room facilities and had a great experience during check-in.

Thank you once again for your feedback.
We truly look forward for welcoming you again at our hotel.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed November 24, 2018 via mobile

A very nice hotel in a perfect location of Warsaw. A quick walk to many attractions. The room was spacious and VERY clean.
Amazing Shower- excellent water pressure! Good food in the restaurants, friendly staff.

Trip type: Traveled solo
ICWarsaw, Assistant to the General Manager at InterContinental Warszawa, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2018

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for sharing your positive feedback with other travellers.
We are extremely happy that we managed to meet your expectations and also that you liked our facilities.
We hope your next visit at our hotel is just around the corner.

Reviewed November 22, 2018

I spent a couple of nights here in a twin room with a friend for a holiday. The room was clean and very comfortable, though some of the furniture looked like it had seen better days. The beds were fantastic and the room on a whole was very clean. The cafe just off the lobby is great and the swimming pool is superb.

I've stayed here before in 2011 and 2012 and remember being thoroughly impressed by every bit of my stay, but this time around I was left feeling a little less blown away.

My main gripes are aimed at the check-in desk. Upon visiting a day early to confirm payment details (I was already at another hotel in the city), a clear distinction was made between payment and prepayment of the room and we were asked if we'd like to pay the full amount up front to which I agreed. I thought this was unusual but somewhat convenient at the time.

Upon querying a minor issue with the mini fridge after the first night, the woman at the desk mentioned a hold of funds to the value of one night concerning the payment for the next night that I hadn't queried. I explained we'd already paid upfront and she smiled, agreed and no further discussion was made.

At check-out I was asked to pay the entire balance again and based on previous discussions I was left slightly confused. The response I received wasn't particularly informative or helpful and I was told that the initial discussion of payment could not have happened. At this point, a second male member of staff decided to get involved (gallantly?) in defence of his colleague that though far from threatening came across as childish and unprofessional.

The stay was pleasant despite the confusion and double-checking my bank account left me satisfied things had been paid accordingly, it just put a strange spin on an otherwise decent experience.

+Clean rooms
+High quality finish
+Good facilities

-Not entirely helpful staff
-Signs of wear and tear you may not expect from a hotel at this price point

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.
In relation to your experience with our payments procedures we would like to ensure you that we took note of your comment and will look into it while planning upcoming improvements. These misunderstandings should not take place during your stay.
We are thrilled that you were pleased with our facilities. Your opinion is very important for us and stays as a reward and motivation for the future.
Apologizing for the inconvenience we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon to give us another chance for making your stay as best as it can be.