“Top class hotel in good location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of InterContinental Hotel Warsaw

InterContinental Hotel Warsaw
Ranked #4 of 123 Hotels in Warsaw
Altrincham, United Kingdom
“Top class hotel in good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

I spend much of my working life travelling and staying in hotels around the world. One of the great pleasures is to discover small, family run or boutique hotels, because I get tired of the large chains. It's rather nice, then, to be able to recommend a large chain hotel. What marks the Intercontinental out for me (I'm sitting in it now as I type this) is the quality of customer service. From the moment I arrived, staff were smiling, courteous and friendly. Nothing was too much trouble for them. I have been running training courses here, and everything worked exactly as it should, requested changes were immediately executed, and all done with good grace. My room, on the 30th floor, is spacious, has a vast and comfortable bed, a Nespresso machine and a magnificent view out towards the Palace of Culture and Science. It's very quiet. A harpist plays beautifully as we eat breakfast and in the evenings an excellent pianist plays a great selection of music to create a nice vibe. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on one of the higher floors for the view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ICWarszawa, General Manager at InterContinental Hotel Warsaw, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Warszawa as your preferred accommodation and for taking the time to write an excellent review.
I am delighted that during your stay, you were very satisfied with our services and facilities and that your experience lived up to your expectations. I have shared your great comment concerning our staff to my team.

Thank you once again for your feedback as this assists us in continually provides our guest.
We look forward to receiving you again in the near future.

Marten Schoenrock

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (433)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Austin, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

The highlight of this hotel is its outstanding staff. Everyone was friendly and helpful! The hotel rooms are on the upper half of the building (apartments below), so every room has a great view. Large rooms, walk-in shower (separate from the bathtub), comfy beds, bathrobes (without having to ask), all-you-can-eat buffet breakfast with great variety, and great location in the city center – this hotel has it all. Three small improvements could be made: the lobby is uninspiring, the room windows did not open, and when breakfast was crowded it felt a little chaotic with all the staff running around. But what hotel is perfect? This one comes close.

Room Tip: All rooms have a good view, because they are on the higher floors.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

First and foremost thank you for choosing to stay at InterContinental Warszawa.
Thank you for the excellent review! It is our pleasure to have you as our guest.
We hope to have the honour of serving you again in the future.

Lublin, Poland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Together with my husband we decided to extend our holidays and spend a weekend in IC (executive room). I enjoyed :
+ the interior decor,
+ comfort of beds,
+ size of the bathroom,
+ softness of towels,
+ wide choice at breakfast
+ and dinner service,
but I still can't understand why you make guests feeling unwelcome at the entrance of spa, why I had to demand a dressing gown at the swimming pool, why there was only one set of toiletries in the bathroom when I marked (and paid more) that two people are coming and why don't you ask your guests how was their stay?

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank koteczek
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write a review and recommend our hotel.
Your kind comments relating to our facilities and dinner service are highly appreciated.
Additionally please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced and please rest assured that we will endeavour to ensure your next stay with us is a comfortable one. I have shared your comments with our team in terms of bringing improvements needed.
Hoping to welcome you again in the not too distant future.

Warszawa, Polska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed in junior suite with my finance the night before our weeding. We booked the hotel via phone and staff made special discounts based on event. Room was extra spacious. Work area was superb. Room had one of the best beads I've ever slept on. There was no problem with delivering another quilt at 1AM. Bride had no problem with fitting her dress, bridesmaid, photographer and other people in the work area of suite. Room service was great as well.

We enjoyed spa and pool (magnificent view on Warsaw - and higher than tarace on Palac Kultury i Nauki). Club lounge is a great treat that offers great dinner and breakfast included in the price of the club rooms. During the day it was nice place to chill before the weeding.

I love every minute of stay in this hotel and I'll recommend to any guest visiting Warszawa.

Room Tip: Rooms on club floor have access to club lounge with free breakfast, dinner and selection of soft dri...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for the 5 star review and choosing InterContinental Warszawa as your preferred accommodation.
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Your opinion is very important for us and stays as a reward and motivation for the future.
We hope to see you again in the not-so-distant future!

Miami, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Nice 5* hotel Inter-Continental tradition, room was in a non-smoking floor but room opposite mine guest had his door open all day and was continuously smoking. He must have been a trainer because at the outside of his door there was a big bag with lots of sneakers which meant he did not want the sneakers to smell tobacco, just his room and the guest room opposite his. In the evening I notified hotel by phone that corridor had terrible tobacco smell, nothing happened so one hour later 11:00 p.m. went to reception and asked them to send someone to inspect the premises because my room was starting to smell like a smoking one. The next day they changed the guest room, but ... another room had a guest smoking in corridor and room ...
Staff is very professional and nice, breakfast excellent, dinner very good, rooms very nice, location very good, stayed 2 nights but recommend 3 nights as there is lots to do in Warsaw

Room Tip: Staying in a non-smoking floor with non-smoking guests is the ideal.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing InterContinatal Warszawa as your preferred accommodation.
We greatly appreciate your comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, however, we apologize for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay concerning smoking.
I thank you for bringing this matter to my attention.
Please rest assured that we will endeavour to ensure your next stay with us is a comfortable one.
Hoping to welcome you again in the not too distant future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed in the hotel from 25 August – 2 September with around 40 guests and celebrated our wedding there. Every single guest was very happy with the hotel, the rooms, the breakfast, the fitness room, the pool, the views, the service, the room prices and the location.
For our wedding celebration we used the big conference room on the second floor with a view on the palace of culture. It was very well organised by the hotel and in particular by Hanna (I hope I did not misspell her name) who did an outstanding job. The food was delicious and very well prepared despite serving nearly 100 guests at the same time. The midnight buffet was outstanding and so plentiful you could have probably fed every guest in the whole hotel with it. A big thank you to the Chef, the lamb was apparently the star dish of the night (I was too busy on the dance floor to check it myself)! The waiters made sure that no glass got ever empty and the wine (from Sicily) was surprisingly good considering that it is not that easy to find good wines in Poland (btw. Lidl has a very good choice!). One big advantage of the hotel is that you can have the music as loud and as long as you want, as you don’t disturb other hotel guests, as the hotel rooms only start from floor 9 or above.
We chose this hotel as it was very convenient for foreigners to reach (close to the airport and main train station), you don't rely on the weather good and it was very good value for money.
We only had one bad experience and that was in the upstairs hotel bar whereby the female bar-manager was in very bad mood and tried to overcharge us. Another small downside is that your card only works for your floor which makes it a big difficult to meet other friends on their floors, but I guess it is due to safety concerns. Our safe did not work at the beginning, but this issue was quickly resolved by the staff (the battery was empty).
All in all an amazing venue and hotel, highly recommended!

Room Tip: Either you go for the apartments (with a large living room and kitchen, on the downside the beds are...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Warszawa for organizing your wedding and for taking the time to share your words of appreciation.

I will share your comments with my team - they are truly awarding and motivate us to do even better in the future. Your feedback makes us proud of our services and facilities.
I am pleased to learn that we fulfilled your expectations, and I assure you that your opinion will help us to maintain our high standards of service.
Additionally please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

This was my 2nd stay at the Warsaw Intercon. I've stayed at Intercons in London, Chicago, Nairobi, Malta and Madrid and this is by far the best.
Staff are excellent, super efficient and treat you superbly. Rooms are very big (at least they have been on my 2 stays), very clean and well appointed.
On both stays they've recognised my Ambassador status and I've recieved upgrades and in-room wine, water and food free of charge.
I simply can't fault the place, I wish I had more business and reason to be in WAW

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest,

First and foremost thank you for choosing to stay at InterContinental Warszawa.
We greatly appreciate your comments and the excellent review! That's very important and power giving to all of us.
I was very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay and I would like to thank you once again for letting me know how impressed you were with the service you received.
It is our pleasure to have you as our guest.
We hope to have the honour of serving you again in the future.