“Luxurious but impersonal”

Ranked #4 of 124 Hotels in Warsaw
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Luxurious but impersonal”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

It's the Intercon. Everything is 5-star but don't expect to be greeted or remembered. Great location near train station and a very convenient airport desk where you can check in your luggage before taking the hotel shuttle to the airport. Beautiful, spacious rooms with amazing view of the city, but staff members are impersonal and not very warm. Good breakfast, but if you need a salter or a fork, you might as well grab one from another table and not bother asking for one. Nice lobby with lots of places to sit with friends, as we were a big group, and the internet is free there. Many shops and restaurants in the nearby mall.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ICWarszawa, General Manager at InterContinental Hotel Warsaw, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us, we appreciate the time you have taken.
Your kind comments relating to location, room and breakfast are very much appreciated.

We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and we are deeply sorry we did not manage this for your stay. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay. We have shared your feedback with our team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback. We look forward for welcoming you again at InterContinental Warszawa.

Marten Schoenrock

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I like this hotel because of the amazing view of Warsaw, I got a room with a private bathroom, inside clean and fresh, staff speak good English is a restaurant where I ate breakfast, ok price is not so high my week flew by quickly I am very pleased I recommend

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
ICWarszawa, General Manager at InterContinental Hotel Warsaw, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of our property and recommend IC Warszawa in such a nice way.
Your words state a great value for me and the entire team. We are happy and proud that our everyday's work is visible and reflects on our guests’ satisfaction and good impressions in memory when you leave. Your kind comments are very much appreciated.
Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward for welcoming you again at InterContinental Warszawa.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We booked a room at the intercontinental for a very good price, causing us to be able to upgrade from our usual budget accommodation. The rooms were a large size, with very comfortable bedding.

My brother was also staying and had booked a room with access to the club lounge where you can receive free breakfast and canapes and drinks each night from 6pm, as well as free wifi in the rooms. He paid slightly more than me upon booking but it was still good value for money. I was offered to be able to upgrade my room to a club room package for an extra 65 euros per person per night, (so 130 euros per room per night), considering that I only paid 99 dollars for the room initially it didn't seem good value for money to pay more than double just for access to the club room.

The service down stairs at the lobby, concierge and doormen was of a great standard however the room service was lacking. We requested a new hairdryer as ours broke mid hair drying session and although we were told a technician would be up to fix it her never came. We rang twice, so in the end I had to sneak to my brothers room to use his.

When laundered our room was only ever made up with 2 towels, no hand towels or bath mats. I requested these to be sent up however I had to do this every day as every room change they still only left two towels. I ended up hiding the mat and hand towels in the draw to save myself the trouble of them taking them away and not replacing them each day. They accidently left all of the dirty linen in our room one day and the hallways were not cleared of used plates from room service often enough.

A/C temperature could not be reduced enough, rooms were warm for the first 2 days as
it only went down about 0.5 degrees each day after leaving it on continually.

Great pool overlooking the palace and gym with a good range of equipment and spa and sauna.

We would stay again if the price was the same as it is a treat for us to stay in a hotel, however room service could do with a lot of improvement. If I had payed full price I would have been less than impressed.

Great location - especially if arriving by train to central station.

Room Tip: Close location if arriving by train, if you can purchase rooms with a club room package for a good p...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SamBell83
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of our property.
Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay. We have shared your feedback with our room service team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.
We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible.

Hoping to welcome you again in the not too distant future.

Best regards,

Posen
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I was delighted to stay at InterContinental Warsaw Hotel. Very nice people working on the front desk, really nice club lounge and spacious rooms overlooking Pałac Kultury.
It is very close from the railway station (about 5 minutes) and close to the important places in Warsaw.
The only problem I had was a bed quality which comparing to other main chains (Hilton, Marriott) is a little bit worse.
I spent there only one night but will definiately stay again when I am in Warsaw.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Warszawa as your preferred accommodation.
We are very pleased to note that your ratings show your satisfaction with our services and facilities.
Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced concerning bed quality during your stay. Please rest assured that we have noted your comments and will endeavour to ensure your next stay with us is a comfortable one.

I hope to see you again in not too distant future!

Nootdorp, The Netherlands
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Excellent, good service and value for money. Very comfortable and a very safe feeling during my visit there. A great shopping mall is located almost next to the hotel . Train station not too far and taxis are readily available there is also a taxi service to the airport from the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

First and foremost thank you for choosing to stay at InterContinental Warszawa.
We greatly appreciate your comments. That's very important and power giving to all of us.
I was very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay.
It is our pleasure to have you as our guest.
We hope to have the honour of serving you again in the future.

Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My room was ready and waiting for me at noon even check in was 4PM.I got room on 41 floor with view on the city.Staff at front desk was friendly but professional.Room was nice .Nice bathroom made staying even more pleasant.Very good mattress and pillows.I have free Internet access with my room package.Very good and tasty food ii Club Lounge with awsome view of the Downtown.Reasonable price.Good concierge service.I will definitely stay again in this hotel

Room Tip: It's is worth to pay an extra for room with King Bed Club Lounge access
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

We are very pleased to note that your ratings show your satisfaction with our services and facilities especially the room, food and staff.
We have of course shared the great comments with our team.
We look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind Regards,

Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This is one of the top 10 hotels I've ever stayed at in my life.
Really, I couldn't ask for more.

The hotel location is not far from the city center. The staff is very friendly and, the rooms are amazing:
- super clean
- spacious
- big bed
- wifi perfectly working
- awesome views
- nespresso machine
- huge bathroom with shower and bath tub
- right air conditioning
- well isolated from noise

The breakfast is another high feature of the hotel. They have an amazing choice of foods, fruits and vegetables!

We took a hotel taxi to go to the city center and it was quite cheap, so that is another good tip to know as most of the times these services in other hotels are really expensive.

Going for business to Warsaw? Then this is your hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mrxavi
Dear Guest<

Thank you so much for the 5 star review and choosing InterContinental Warszawa as your preferred accommodation.
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our rooms, breakfast and taxi service.
Your opinion is very important for us and stays as a reward and motivation for the future.
We hope to see you again in the not-so-distant future!