“Very good business hotel”

InterContinental Hotel Warsaw
Ranked #4 of 124 Hotels in Warsaw
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Very good business hotel”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Central, clean, great views and with every possible facility. The food is also surprisingly good and the overall service puts this hotel at the higher end of the Intercontinental properties. Lovely gym and a pool on the top floor with incredible views. Priced very reasonably too - it is only the extortionate internet charge that marred things a little.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
ICWarszawa, General Manager at InterContinental Hotel Warsaw, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the InterContinental Warszawa with the Trip Advisor community.
We are glad to learn that your stay in our hotel was a pleasant one.

Thank you again for all the kind words you spent and for recommending us on trip advisor pages. We’re definitely looking forward to welcoming you again as soon as possible!

Marten Schoenrock

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
John O'Groats, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Hotel is good.

It's centrally situated, staff is friendly and helpful - the concierge even found me an old copy of the Intercontinental Map of Warsaw ('it's not up to date sir, new ones are being printed' - doesn't matter, these maps are superb).

As is usual with Intercontinentals, they upgraded me to a suite. Excellent sitting area, excellent bedroom and bathroom. Plenty of space - and a chaise longue!

Toiletries are good - my wife asks me to take the body lotion home - and the pool is small but ok.

All in all a relaxing and enjoyable business stay.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room with no connecting door.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of our property and recommend IC Warszawa in such a nice way.
Your words state a great value for me and the entire team. We are happy and proud that our everyday's work is visible and reflects on our guests’ satisfaction and good impressions in memory when you leave. Your kind comments are very much appreciated.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward for welcoming you again at InterContinental Warszawa.

Sandton, South Africa
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

I checked in on Friday 12 July.
As a priority platinum member my card was debited and reserved for the stay even though it was paid in advance.

No newspaper or fruit bowl delivered which should be standard on priority club.

Now that almost 1500 euros was reserved confusion at check out. In future I will insist I settle only once I am ready to leave as you would wait over seven days to rectify your bank account.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Zach M
ICWarszawa, General Manager at InterContinental Hotel Warsaw, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write a review.

In relation to your experience with our payment procedures I would like to ensure you that the pre-authorisation done on your debit card was according to hotel regulations and standards. The Reception staff is obliged to secure the payment through authorising the guest’s card for the full accommodation charge and additionally for any potential extra charges.

Please also accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your accommodation - VIP amenities hasn't been delivered by mistake due to requested room changes from non-smoking to smoking.
Please rest assured that we will endeavour to ensure your next stay with us is a comfortable one.
Hoping to welcome you again in the not too distant future.

Maidenhead, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2013

So I travel a lot with work, I've probably stayed in approx 100 different hotels in the past couple of years. I also arrange a Sales Conference every quarter (every 3 months), for a team of 40/45.
July 8/9/10/11 I bought them to Warsaw and to this particular hotel. I must add they're a very hard bunch to please, usually upon leaving a hotel I get a lot of bad commentary. This time i had nothing! Everyone was very please with the service, rooms, conference facilities, staff etiquette, facilities, food. Everything was excellent.
On the last day one of my colleagues becaome poorly due to personal reasons and I worried because I couldn't locate him and thought he may have passed out somewhere - they literally had every spare member of staff searching the hotel from head to toe.
Nothing was too much. The food providings and options are superb, the rooms are lovely and all have a lovely few, the conference facilities are high quality and come with excellent service from the staff. I really couldn't find a fault with this hotel (as could neither of the others from the group of 40 I took!)
Lastly, organising the conference, for the first time in 5.5 years was a breeze, the staff are very efficient and accommodating.

Room Tip: As you walk into the hotel at the front - the corner on the left hand side / front of the building h...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Laura K
ICWarszawa, General Manager at InterContinental Hotel Warsaw, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the 5 star review and choosing InterContinental Warszawa as your preferred accommodation.
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our services and facilities. I am also pleased to learn that we fulfilled your expectations, and I assure you that your opinion will help us to maintain our high standards of service.
I will share your comments with my team - they are truly awarding and motivate us to do even better in the future.

We hope to see you again in the not-so-distant future!

cambs
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stayed 7 days and easy to get to from the airport by train and then short walk from Warsaw Centralny station.

My daughter and I were given adjacent mini-apartment rooms on the 10th floor which were very nice.Views were north so not of the palace of culture -still good-but that did not matter as out most of the day.

Gym and pool are excellent with fantastic views.Gym classes are I think expensive at 50zl,

Breakfast is superb.

Staff are very professional and speak excellent English.

Nice 20m walk to old town but occasionally used the 518 bus near to hotel which was convenient.Pulblic transport in Warsaw is very good and 3 day travelcard for 30zl is a bargain.

We had some lovely cocktails in the one bar on our final night.

Definitely would stay again and Warsaw is not just the old town when you could explore Praga and Saska kepa districts and have a day trip to Lodz for example.

Would definitely stay here again and definitely would go back to Warsaw and see how it has changed again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Edward R
Dear Guest,

We are glad to learn that your stay in our hotel was a pleasant one.
Your kind comments regarding room, fitness area, breakfast, location and our staff are very much appreciated and serve as a reward for all of us.

Floro, Norway
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Because of a booking mistake the hotel didn't have a room available. We had booked a standard hotelroom but received an upgrade in the nearby 5 star Novotel for the first night. The other nights we got a suite (2 rooms, 2toilets), bottle of wine, internet included as a compensation for the mistake (I don't believe the hotel made the mistake but the booking agency). A luxury hotel with a top class service, nice staff, perfect training and spa facility nearby a hughe shopping centre. Old town at 25 min walking distance. Think they realy deserve the status of best hotel in Warsaw.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ICWarszawa, General Manager at InterContinental Hotel Warsaw, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write a review and recommend our hotel with these nice words.
I was delighted to learn that your stay with us was such a pleasant one. Your opinion is very important for us and stays as a reward and motivation for the future.
I strongly hope you can visit us again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

The best hotel we have ever stayed in, by far. We felt like the staff really cared about our situation when my husband had to be in hospital for a few days--and they did. I will forever be greatful for their kindnesses to me and my family.

I was surprised when a front desk lady asked me how my husband was, one day, and I don't remember ever talking to her about his hospital happening.

The concierge staff is the best in the world! They always had a smile on their face and were so helpful in every way, with prompt politeness. They answered my millions of questions quickly and with eagerness to please.

The breakfast buffet was out-of-this-world-abundantly delicious! The wonderful staff, from the welcoming greeters to the servers and managers: so efficient and pleasant and helpful. Thank you for a beautiful dining experience every breakfast!

Last, but surely not least: the harp music during breakfast was so beautiful.

Thank you Intercontinental Hotel of Warsaw staff for making my stressful situation, with my husband in hospital, a bit happier and less stressful, because you showed me kindness from your hearts.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to learn that we fulfilled your expectations, and I assure you that your opinion will help us to maintain our high standards of service.
Your kind comments relating to our team are very much appreciated and have been shared with all.
That's very important and power giving to all of us.