“spacious room, great view, and a full-size desk”

InterContinental Hotel Warsaw
Ranked #4 of 124 Hotels in Warsaw
Summit, New Jersey
“spacious room, great view, and a full-size desk”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The front desk person and the bell boy were extremely helpful. I got a standard room with a king-size bed, which was very large also by American standards. The room has a full-size desk at the corner, which you normally do not find in standard hotel rooms. The bathroom was large as well. It had both a bathtub and a shower. My dirty laundry was picked within 3 minutes after calling the front desk.

The hotel is situated across from the "Palace of Culture". It is within a 5-minute walk from the main train station (Warszawa Centralna) and Zlote Tarasy mall, and 10-minute walk from the Centrum metro station.

The breakfast buffet costs 91 zlotys if it is not included in your room rate. The selection of food is extensive. However, if you want to save money, you can get a sandwich and coffee from a nearby Coffee Haven at the Zlote Tarasy mall for about 25 zlotys.

If your room rate does not include Internet access, you need to pay 65 or 75 zlotys per day for it (I forgot the exact amount).

I stayed at the nearby Novotel Warszawa Centrum hotel on my previous business trip. I think that Novotel offers a better value but a smaller room.

Room Tip: higher floors have a better view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Eran G
ICWarszawa, General Manager at InterContinental Hotel Warsaw, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words, it was our pleasure to have hosted you with us.

Your kind comments relating to our team are very much appreciated and have been shared.
We are more than happy that you enjoyed your stay and you are satisfied with the room and location.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again at InterContinental Warsaw

Marten Schoenrock

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
East Lancashire
Reviewed February 19, 2013

An all round great hotel.

We travelled as a group of 7 friends and family all 40 yrs plus.

We arrived a little early, so we had an hour or so to wait - the concierge team were great - especially a young Mr. Pawel Jaguar (hope this spelling is correct) who really made things easy with our cases and so on as we took the opportunity to explore Warsaw before checking in later in the afternoon.

The rooms were excellent, spacious, spotlessly clean and well appointed as were all of the public areas. I asked for a high floor with our 4 rooms close together so that we could enjoy the views. We were allocted rooms on the 33rd floor, which was just fine. The views across Warsaw were fantastic at this level which includes the Palace of Science & Culture at close quarters.

The breakfast in the Downtown restaurant was truly excellent, a huge choice with everything you could wish for. The service was sincere and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. the atmosphere was relaxed and complimented by a live harpist.

The location is central which is good for exploring Warsaw; nothing is too far away and can all be walked in the main.

The pool and gym on the 43rd and 44th floors at the top of the hotel are well worth using, the views are spectacular at this level. The changing rooms and sauna / steam rooms were again spotlessly clean with great staff on hand to help. Be careful however on the wet floors as they are polished slate or granite and get very slippery, one of our group had a small fall (no injuries) but it could have been potentially worse as ou can imagine.

I would recommend this hotel without hestiation.

Room Tip: If you want one of the best view across Warsaw; ask for a high floor with a room facing the Palace o...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank BarnseyLancashire
ICWarszawa, General Manager at InterContinental Hotel Warsaw, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are more than happy that you have chosen the InterContinental Warsaw for your recent stay and thank you for the time taken to provide your valuable comments.

We are delighted that you are satisfied with our services and facilities, especially rooms, breakfast in our DownTown Restaurant as well as location and fitness center.

Your kind comment relating to our concierge team is very much appreciated and has been shared.
That's very important and power giving to all of us.
Thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the not too distant future!

Best regards,

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed saturday to tuesday, upon arrival we were given a free upgrade to a deluxe room, with a city view and a code for free internet use.

When we got back to the room on our first day, there was a complimentary bottle of champagne as they knew it was my birthday.

The room was very spacious, incredible pillows and had both shower and a bath.

The pool on the top floor is a must do if you stay here, as well as the jacuzzi and sauna!

Staff were all friendly and restaurant has a wide selection for the buffet breakfast. And there is a coffee shop on the ground floor which serves delicious hot chocolates!

The location is convenient as it right by Warsaw Centrale station and a large shopping centre.

Only downfall on our stay was that there was no milk in the room for the coffee and tea making facilities.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Vest-Guy
ICWarszawa, General Manager at InterContinental Hotel Warsaw, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

May I take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your nice comments after your recent visit with us.

Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise.

I am pleased to learn that we fulfilled your expectations, and I assure you that your opinion will help us to maintain our high standards of service.

Additionally, please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced concerning the lack of milk in your room.

We look forward to welcoming you back again to InterContinental Warszawa.

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Friendly and pleasant staff to start with, beautifully decorated and furnitured rooms, perfect bed, quiet and soundproof rooms ( it had been a while), nice and quiet breakfast buffet. The gym and spa are amazing with a breathtaking view over warsaw, well equippee and the perfetc romm to practice my Tai ji quan. Very helpful and well educated concierge.

It is missing a nice lobby bar but I probably didn't look enough for it or forgot to ask... On the onther hand, there are enough things to do and places to go out to in warsaw...

Thumbs up, classy... Deserves its 5 star. I'll come back....

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Fred G
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Warszawa for your recent stay and for taking the time to share you words of appreciation.

I will share your comments with my team - they are truly awarding and motivate us to do even better in the future. Your feedback makes us proud of our services and facilities.

Additionally, please be kindly informed that in our lobby, there is Wedel café, where you can enjoy a delicious hot chocolate and manually prepared pralines. Moreover, on the first floor there is a PlusOne bar offering best selection of drinks and cocktails.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

JAPAN
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Now here with my wife celebrating our anniversary. The IC Warsaw is one of the best hotel deals in the world. Fantastic location, wonderful rooms with a great view, excellent in house restaurants, tub and shower, heated bathroom floors, fluffy towels and robes, free Internet for AMB, superb staff, extremely competitive rates and so much more. It must ne one of the cleanest hotels around and we have been to plenty of them. This is the place to be. Who would have thought that a hotel in Central Europe could be such a hit? We have made Warsaw one of our top destinations just because of this IC. It gets better year after year. We hope it will last for many, many more years. We don't like it, we love it head over heels.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WEISSBIER
Dear Guest,

First and foremost thank you for choosing to stay at InterContinental Warszawa.
We greatly appreciate your comments and the excellent review! That's very important and power giving to all of us.

I was very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay and I would like to thank you once again for letting me know how impressed you were with the service you received.
It is our pleasure to have you as our guest.

We hope to have the honour of serving you again in the future.

Brescia, Italy
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Well.... guys ... nothing more to say. I stayed at the Intercontinental in Warszawa in april 2012 and it was wonderful. I've never had such a wonderful bedroom like the one I had there. I was lucky because as soon as I arrived a I realized I received an upgrade to a suite. The room was so large, just take a look at the pics. The view was absolutly amazing. I think that the mirror in the bathroom was as large as a bedroom I've had in all the other hotel I've ever been to. The position was perfect, just in town center. Quick connections to all the main sites in Warsazwa.
I admit I didn't have any breakfast so I can't comment (I use to wake up early in the morning and I wake up early I am hungry at all). The staff was very kind and nice (consider that I left at 3am in the morning last day).

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank bazza78
Dear Guest,

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for having chosen InterContinental for your recent visit to Warsaw and for the time taken to provide your comments.

I am more than happy to learn that you enjoyed our services of our staff as well as specious room and great view, your kind comments shall serve as a reward and motivation to do even better in the future.

Once again, thank you so much for your feedback and all the best from the InterContinental Team in Warsaw.

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is perfect. Very friendly service. Top restaurant! Very nice breakfast!
Had every possible room here and even standard room is very nice.
Roomservice food is top of the line.
I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Jacla1410
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having chosen the InterContinental Warszawa for your recent visit to Warsaw, we much appreciate you having taken the time to provide most valuable comments on your stay.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed our services and facilities, your kind comments shall serve as reward, as well as motivation to do even better in the future.

Once again, we appreciate your positive feedback and for giving all of us at IHG another reason to be proud of our hotels. We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.