“The best so far”

InterContinental Hotel Warsaw
Ranked #4 of 126 Hotels in Warsaw
Reviewed November 16, 2011

After a long week of travel at new hotels every night, the Intercontinental Warsaw really blew me away. From the service and attitude of the front of house, to the concierge, to the rooms and facilities, everything was absolutely perfect. Rooms have iPod docking stations with alarms, TV's that accept HDMI and some seriously comfortable accommodations. I honestly couldn't have asked for anything more.

1  Thank mysticopias
ICWarszawa, General Manager at InterContinental Hotel Warsaw, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2011

Dear Guest,

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for having chosen Intercontinental Warszawa for your recent visit in Warsaw and I hope you had a pleasant and comfortable journey back home.

I t was our pleasure to have hosted you with us.

Your words serve as reward, and as motivation to do even better in the future and rest assured we shall be trying our best.

Wishing you and your family the very best, and looking forward to maybe having the opportunity to welcome you or friends in the future indeed.

Once again, sincerest thanks and all the best from the InterContinental Team in Warsaw.

Sincerely Yours,

There are newer reviews for InterContinental Hotel Warsaw

Reviewed November 15, 2011

This hotel is located opposite the Palace of Culture in Central Warsaw. Room rates offer amazing value for money. Service was efficient and friendly. I was allocated a room on the Club floor with Club access. Rooms were spacious, well appointed and the beds very comfortable. Bathrooms were large and had separate shower and bath. On the club floor wi-fi internet now appears to be working.

Club access is recommended. Alcoholic and soft drinks are available all day. In the evening a buffet meal is available and a free buffet breakfast in the morning. Hotel also offers a car service at very reasonable rates.

Overall this was a pleasant stay and I look forward to returning in the future!

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a club room!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

On behalf of Intercontinental Hotel, thank you very much for having chosen our Hotel for your recent visit to Warsaw.

We much appreciate you having taken the time to provide most valuable comments on your stay.
I am delighted to see that you enjoyed our services and facilities, your kind comments shall serve as reward, as well as motivation to do even better in the future.

In regards to your comments about WIFI, I am pleased to advise that as one of Warsaw’s first hotels, we shall by 1st of December 2011 have completed the installation of WiFi to all out guest rooms. Moreover as of January 2012 guests who booked trough Intercontinental.com, or IGH.com will receive a basic level of Complimentary WIFI in their room. I do sincerely hope you will be able to take advantage of the offer as we would welcome the opportunity to regain your confidence in our services.

In closing, may I thank you, once again and do hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you to our Hotel in the future.

Reviewed November 14, 2011

Check In: I am usually a stickler for good customer service and if I am not quite satisfied I will say it out. SO I checked in at the Ambassador check in counter. Peter was very friendly check in staff member checked me in and explained the hotels facilities and what is included and what is not. Since I am a first time visitor and being a Royal Ambassador, the hotel kindly gave me lounge access. I also liked the fact that the hotel has adequate security for guests in terms of using your card to access your floor whereas at the IC in NYC (Times Square) where this is missing.

Staff: Overall interaction with the front desk staff was good; I did not come across any unfriendly staff at all. They were always giving me information when I asked. And I also specified that I wanted a SAWA taxi instead of the hotel taxi. But I did use the hotel taxi on 2 occasions. I did not know that the regular taxis charge double price on Sundays and Public Holidays, so on my return to the airport I used the hotels car for 60PLN.

Room and Amenities: My room was a Junior Suite on the 30th floor, 3918 to be precise. As you walk in you have a washroom and the living room (sofa and business desk) with a TV. Next in a separate room you have the huge bedroom with another TV. The wash room had both a tub and a stand up shower. The best shower I have had in a hotel, very powerful and good for a massage. The toiletries used are by Elemis. Only one minor thing I noticed was a torn pillow case on one of my pillows, but the next day I looked again and the maid had changed it.

Lounge & Breakfast: The lounge is on the 43rd floor and it was just perfect. I liked the fact that they served a hot meal at supper time, with salads, desserts, drinks etc. The lounge was quite busy as it was a holiday weekend in Poland, Nov 11th. Since the lounge was not open for breakfast the hotel provided my breakfast on the first floor restaurant. The restaurant has a very nice setting, with live harp music. There were made to order omelettes, etc and champagne. Internet access was free in the lobby and the Club Lounge.

Cleanliness: Overall I did not notice any thing out of the ordinary, all areas looked clean.

Hotel Facilities:
-Gym: The gym is a full fledged gym, which I used as I always do in all hotels. It had all the essential good equipment and a great view from the gym.

-Pool & Jacuzzi: I did not use the pool as it was busy with people.

Overall, I am very happy to say that this is a great property in Warsaw and I fully recommend it to anyone visiting for the first time. I will for sure visit again someday. I want to thank Karol, Peter (front desk) and all the staff for making my stay a very memorable one. Dziękujemy Intercontinental Warszawa.

Room Tip: Select the Club Access rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank djjaguar
Reviewed November 13, 2011

This is a large modern hotel in a convenient location - easy to drive to from the airport (and it has underground secure parking or easy on-street parking). Rooms have amazing views, very clean with some nice touches (expensive wifi in rooms though free wifi in charming bar and lobby areas). Breakfast is superb, worth every penny, and the rooftop pool and gym are brilliant, free to hotel guests and an amazing asset.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank AmnonLondon
ICWarszawa, General Manager at InterContinental Hotel Warsaw, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2011

Dear Guest,

Firstly, I am pleased to advise that as one of Warsaw’s first hotels, we shall by 1st of December 2011 have completed the installation of WiFi to all out guest rooms.

On another hand, I was delighted to hear the hotel was able to properly address your concern, so you were able to enjoy your stay. Guest satisfaction is the backbone of our hotels and is the key to our success. Your comments have been forwarded to the management so all involved can share in the warm views you have expressed and be recognized for their efforts.

Once again, we appreciate your positive feedback and for giving all of us at IHG another reason to be proud of our hotels. We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Reviewed November 11, 2011

Stayed for only for 1 day in a Club room (or whatever they are called) on the 41st floor. Everything was fine: the room was spacious enough and clean, the bathroom as well, the bed was comfortable. Would definetely recommend for a business stay.

1  Thank Elle_Wien
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I can't imagine how such an important hotel like this can have such rude, impolite, awful, etc, people at the desk. After paying for the stay, I found out that they have charged my credit card with 200 euro. Staff behave very rude and the management can't solve my problem probably because they don't care. Big, huge, enormous disappointment, never be back.

10  Thank MariacuSuzi
IHGCare, IHGCARE at InterContinental Hotel Warsaw, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2011

Dear MariacuSuzi,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns. I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. I would appreciate additional information so that I may look into this issue. I have sent you a private message to obtain additional details.

Respectfully,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

Reviewed November 6, 2011

The hotel is lovely, the room was perfect with every amenity and a great shower. There is a separate tub that we did not use. The room is spacious, has a comfortable bed and even has an ironing board and iron. What more could you want? Well the ONLY thing that I missed was wireless internet service IN the room. You can use your iPod or other device in the lobby or the restaurant. Did I mention restaurant? The buffet breakfast that was included in our price was probably THE BEST we have ever had. Wonderful. We asked many questions to two of the concierges and found them to be THE BEST ever. We hired a private car and the driver was knowledgeable both about Warsaw in general and about the Jewish sites of interest. That was a terrific idea because the site are in general small and spread apart. His name is Mariusz Klasa and the charge through the hotel was 130 Zloty which was about $95. It was well worth it. He knows his way around and saved us sooooooo much time getting lost and taking multiple cabs. Splurge on this! I have his number but I am not sure if it is allowed to be placed on this site. We ate in one restaurant (nearby) on the only night there.....Hawira Kresowa. It has Polish/Ukrainian food and is 200% atmosphere. The portions were huge and very good. I had their perogie for a starter and the 'sword' of mixed meats. Excellent. We are music lovers and so went to the Chopin Museum. It is new and very well done. You can spend a little time there or endless amounts depending on how much you want to see and hear. It is all hands-on type exhibits and I saw a charming room just for children,

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NormaS
ICWarszawa, General Manager at InterContinental Hotel Warsaw, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thanking you for your comments, firstly I am pleased to advise that as one of Warsaw’s first hotels, we shall by 1st of December 2011 have completed the installation of WiFi to all out guest rooms.