“Old, Functional, Close to the airport”

Novotel Warszawa Airport
Ranked #26 of 126 Hotels in Warsaw
London, United Kingdom
“Old, Functional, Close to the airport”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Novotel Warsaw Airport is at best a functional hotel.

Quite close to airport. Do they have a shuttle service from right outside the airport gate (every 45-60 mins) and it helps if you give the hotel a call for the pick-up.

Rooms are not as large as the other Novotels I have stayed at in & around Europe.

The staff does speak a bit of english so its manageable. They are helpful though.

Not many restaurants around.

Breakfast spread is decent.

Rooms and property looks a bit old and functionally managed. Might have to do something with the weather (which was -27 degree celcius).

3/5 all in all.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank FindingNeverland
NovotelAirportWAW, Kierownik recepcji at Novotel Warszawa Airport, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback relating to your recent stay in Novotel Warsaw Airport
I am delighted to read that you found our location to be convenient for your journey.
I'm sorry that your experience did not meet your all expectations. We assure you that we take the appropriate action to resolve the problem and prevent future occurrence.
We hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Kind regards,
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Trier, Germany
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I had to stay in this hotel during UN climate change summit in Warsaw in November 2013, so the rates were like for a 5-star hotel. In this money I received an average Novotel room, ok in size and cleanliness, with coffee and tee set. Breakfast was very good. I was disappointed by the service during check-out - I guess due to many guests coming in and out the front desk staff might be tired, but that do not justify impoliteness.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Grzegorz G
NovotelAirportWAW, Front Office Manager at Novotel Warszawa Airport, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

First and foremost I would like to thank you for having chosen Novotel Warszawa Airport for your stay in Warsaw.
Please accept my most sincere apologize on behalf of the team and myself for your disappointment by the service.

Kind regards,
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed January 26, 2014

The only thing that was a little (and not such a big deal!) let down for me is the decor of the rooms - they are a little basic for Novotel as someone previously said. However, in its favour - 5 minutes from the airport, excellent wifi - nice service and I had a great dinner in the restaurant - tandoori scallops and prawns - yum! Service was perfect however it was a little quiet so I might have been lucky. My office is also 5 mins away so its a perfect location for me however if I was in Warsaw for pleasure it would be a little far out for my liking

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel following your stay at the Novotel Warsaw Airport.
I am delighted to see that you enjoyed our services, your comments will be shared with our team.
We look forward to welcoming you back in Novotel Warsaw Airport

Kind regards
Paris, France
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This is one of those hotels that are near the airport. You know what they are like: nothing special, average rooms, average service and a shuttle to the airport. After having stayed at two of their neighbors, this one is a good option if you get an interesting offer.

Good points: They do have a free shuttle (one per hour starting at 5 am, you must sign up for it the day before), as far as I know they are the only hotel in the area proving this for free. Their breakfast is ok (though not always included in the fare). The rooms have thick curtains (important if you are a light sleeper, and not so common in Poland, where even in the winter the sun rises quite early compared to Western Europe). They have an outdoor swimming pool, which might be interesting in the summer.

So-so points: the bedroom was ugly, it felt sad and definitely not worth of a Novotel. The bathroom was all plastic, one of those precast modules I had only seen in cheap hotels - and Japan. The blankets and sheets are ridiculously small and not fit for two people, it is impossible to cover two adults with such a small amount of tissue! The location is not appropriate if you ant to visit Warsaw.

All in all, it is a hotel for travelers catching a plane in the morning, and I would stay there one night if the price were interesting. If I had to stay longer in Warsaw or wanted to visit, I'd get a place downtown.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Arale N
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I do want to appologize for all inconviences you had to struggle during your stay.
I want to thank you for you feedback as it helps us know what service needs must be improved.
I do hope you will give us a second chance and you will return.

Kind regards
Krystian Koltarski
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I arrived to the hotel with the free shuttle from the airport.
The check in was smooth.
The room was basic and not according to the french Novotel standards but more like IBIS hotel.
I could not open the mini bar, I could control the heat in the room.
Be careful when you shower, sometimes the water temperature switches to warn to extreme hot.

Do not order food at the bar or in the restaurant if you are in a hurry. It takes ages to get a basic hamburger.

I will not come back to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business