I chose this hotel because of its proximity to Chopin airport, where I had a flight early the next morning.
I arrived to Warsaw late in the evening and took a cab to the hotel from the Central Station (around 20zł). At the hotel, despite the late time, check - in was rather slow - I stood in line despite there being 3 receptionists - alas only 1 of them was working. When finally my time came I received a room on the 5 floor. During my check-in I also asked if it is possible to pay the next day using my loyalty program vouchers and was informed that it wouldn't be a problem.
But what really spoiled my stay happened already in the room. My child, who entered the room first, said (even before I came into the door) - "It smells in here". And it was the truth - the whole room had a strong, bitter smell - I don't know how to describe it better, I have never before encountered a smell like that in a hotel. Knowing that we only had around 6 hours of sleep before us I decided that it won't be so bad. However, I was mistaken. The smell woke me up at night - and believe me, this has never happened to me before! But the worst came later. When we left the hotel I discovered that the smell has permeated my pajamas, clothes that were lying at the top of the open luggage and even my hoodie, hanging on the chair. I was unable to use those things during the rest of my trip to France.
Then there was the check-out. The only lady in the reception, when I informed her that I wanted to use my vouchers to partially pay for the stay, said "But you should have notified us earlier!" - which I of course did, the previous evening. As she explained, it would take a long time to prepare an invoice (other people also started checking out). So I had a choice - leave without an invoice or miss my shuttle (they come every half hour - at :00 and :30 and you have to book your place at the reception in advance). I chose the former, and left the hotel generally dismayed.
It was my worst stay at the Novotel chain and I'm very disappointed that it happened in the Polish hotel - my national pride hurts that it is such a bad representation of hotels in my country, and for the relation of money spent for the night (100E) to the quality of the experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Novotel Warszawa Airport is just 2 km from Warsaw Frederic Chopin Airport and only 4 km from the centre of Warsaw. The hotel is ideal for business and leisure travellers, with high speed WiFi internet, business and kids corners and advanced conference facilities for up to 730 people, as well as an Executive floor and private safe in every room. We provide complimentary airport shuttle service and large parking. Enjoy our private and perfectly quiet garden, summer terrace restaurant and outdoor swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Warszawa Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Warszawa Airport Hotel Warsaw
- Novotel Hotel Warszawa Airport
- Novotel Warsaw
- Warsaw Novotel